Why are trade jobs like plumbers...

Why are trade jobs like plumbers, carpenters and wielders looked up to so much now when just ten short years ago they were considered shit jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFNbbVTNTl0
youtube.com/watch?v=AyB3xN33f0I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fug I meant welders

money

Because they are better than burger flippers, whores, 30 somethings living at home and other people with worthless masters degrees.

At this point even neets might be higher than those as they don't have debt and some have reliable income of gibsmedat.

because trade jobs are the only blue collar jobs left that pay a decent wage

or less employers purchasing labour?

So are auditors, actuaries, lawyers etc a meme?

Oh shid you said blu collar sorry

Money, also easier to freelance nowadays to make money doing something you enjoy.

People are starting to realize they're viable careers, and that college =/= success.

Probably because they pay a lot better than the fast food restaurant where most liberals work with their sociology degrees

Is 40-50k good if you don't live in a major city?

You can't outsource plumber, carpenter, and welder very easily to 3rd world cunts.

Back in the day, especially in angloland (I think this was a lot less in early 20th century north america) being working class was equated with lowness, bottom of the pile by the rich people in charge of the media. Now things have changed; the old middle class is fast disappearing, being either pushed up the ladder or mostly pushed down it into working class lifestyle, and the huge number of people relying on benefits and being jobless means in effect the working class has become a sort of middle class and at least they work hard and make some money. Neets and/or poor immigrants are fast becoming the new targets of ire.

tl;dr at least plumbers are the new middle class and better than neets

kek true

>blue collar

You can once you completely neglect infrastructure and turn every housing area into Detroit.

The number of required maintanence workers is going to plummet.

>plumbers are the new middle class

Dear Polan,
Plese marry my degenerate cumdumpster of a daughter.

I has tinned fish.

money

in this fucked up country I pay myself 120k a year as the owner operator of an electrical services business.

The only thing I can see going away anytime soon is frame carpenty, namely if pic related comes to popularity. Plumbing, wiring, finishing carpentry, plumbing, it's all too custom to be automated easily.

>why are skilled trades that have always paid well looked up to now?
kill yourself

>Niggers will suddenly understand electricity

KEK.

no.

Cause it's a male dominated professions. A woman is likely to choose to become a hair dresser than someone that can clean my shitter.

The "get everyone into uni at whatever cost because feelings" is starting to be seen for the scam it is.

I really don't understand your response. I'm saying that skilled and educated labor will be in demand for a long time, though 3D printed buildings could reduce the need for framing carpenters.

Nice ID, fAGad

That seems like a mold garden waiting to happen.

There are already massive issues with air quality due to shoddy construction. Guess what is going to happen once they can assemble houses even faster and waiting for structures to dry is deemed too costly?

Supply and Demand?

Just a maybe there

shh, don't expect normalfags to understand anything a tiny bit complex that isn't explained in their meme facebook videos

>muh solar frappin roadways

>when just ten short years ago they were considered shit jobs?

Because back then everybody fell for the degree meme, thinking a worthless piece of paper from any shit-tier university was a golden ticket to the upper middle-class lifestyle.

Why is this better than flat pack modular houses that exist already?

This looks like a class project from some retard in an introduction to engineering class.

>I'm saying that skilled and educated labor will be in demand for a long time

AY!
YOOOOOOO!!
Why you got to be raciss?

Wat dem niggas got dat I don't got?

Y gud jobs be fo Unca Toms, an sheeit?

Say Ho, Ho!
Say Hey, Hey!

Universities can't keep up the scam forever. Companies will be able to provide independent testing for a small fraction of the cost of a degree, and lots of technical subjects can be learnt online or with private tutors.

Social stigma (and government regulation of licences) are their main weapons.

>You can't outsource plumber, carpenter, and welder very easily to 3rd world cunts.

The globalist solution is insourcing. Illegal immigration = insourcing. Get it?

I'm not saying it's a good thing. Where I live, housing developments like this are everywhere, a new one is finished every six months. The same five houses built one after another. These companies already cut corners and throw them up as quickly as possible, as cheaply as possible, and then sell them for as much as possible.

The homes that are now 5-10 years old are already falling apart, and people are pissed.

My point is, the companies that put up these meme homes already don't give a shit about quality, only that they look good enough to sell. If printed cement homes became an accepted aesthetic around here, they could produce more homes while cutting a significant amount of their workforce.

Don't forget flat sheet metal roof with no space between it and the rooms and concrete(?) walls without insulation.

How were they looked down on? My dad did stone masonry for over $30 an hour over 20 years ago when that was a lot. Trades have also been great for skilled labor willing to work hard. I think a lot of this is because everyone goes to college these days and we all know a handful of people who have worthless degrees or shitty jobs and loads of debt.

>forgot pic

Because we don't actually produce anything anymore, the workplace is a safespace for females where men do not succeed, technology has reduced the value of human labor, and the entire educational system is geared towards cranking out a bunch of useless inoffensive slobs that vote for globalist technocrats.

The trades subsequently create more comparative value than they ever have, possibly in all of human history. If I had a do-over I would skip college and become a machinist.

No wonder murricans fell for subprime scam so easily if buying one of those is the extent of their knowledge of housing market. What kind of idiot would pay more than $500 for house like that?

Makes me think getting my 30+ year old house wasn't too terrible of an idea. Though I guess anything 10+ years old will have survived most shoddy construction?

Everyone fell for the college meme and work at Starbucks.

It should have been obvious with how much it was pushed on kids to figure out this is a giant Jew indoctrination center that you're paying for

Silly Polan.

Who fell for Da Ebil Sobiets meme for 60 years?

Military or trade, boys. What's the better option...

It's not my cup of tea, either, Laplander. The only explanation I have is this: These houses are bought by Millennial 'professionals' without any DIY knowledge or capability or financial acumen.

They can't be fucked to search around for the right home, or get a plot and build, or any of that. With these developments, all you have to do is sogn on the dotted line and you've got a house.

They get raked over the coals, but they don't care or know better. They take the easy way out.

>leaf

Stay at home father for your wifes son.

What about construction or oil fields?

> Nobody wants blue collar work
> everybody wants to be a white collar because of the pay and less tiring job
> too much white collar makes average pay for white collar go down and create a blue collar shortahe
> pay goes relatively higher for blue collar and schools create courses to help with the shortage

It's a cycle going round

They're still considered shit jobs outside of Sup Forums

Yeah, I'm currently in a 1955 house that had some additions put on. It's not without issues, I'm about to plunk down a disheartening amount of money to fix the leaky basement, but apart from that it's a comfy and solid place. Have a nice piece of lawn out back, too. Plan is to sell in a few years and build on a couple acres

A decade ago there were too many teachers, now there aren't enough.

Depends on your job in the military.... Try to get something that will be useful in the civilian world if you decide to join

Plus it's not just a job it's a lifestyle.

Oil fields are notoriously boom-and-bust. See: Alberta, Gulf Of Mexico, Marcellus Shale. If you're smart enough to go in, ride the wave, live below your means, you can do well. A lot of young people I see get into it and are blinded by the big pay, thinking it'll last forever.
Protip, it never does.

I can't find the article but it was about oil companies pumping $60+ billion into the field. Oil still hasn't hit $50/hour, it'll probably keep falling.

Trade workers are on the decline, everyone has bought into the idea that only by going to college can you become successful. Most plumbers today are 40+ , there is a demand for new skilled workers to takeover.

For a single person that is great.

What kind of education is required for US teachers anyway?

Here it is masters degree the subject they are going to teach while the training for the actual teaching is a program they take on the side.

I've always had respect for them.

People only look down on them until They need a toilet fixed, building built, street paved etc. These people keep your cities running, looking down on an honored job like that that already has no respect is pretty shitty.

lad do what i did

join the military to get a trade for free

Funny how most new buildings built here in Finland have constant mold and deterioriation problems.
Hell, elementary school I was in has been reconstruction and renovation since like -06. They "fix" moisture, mold etc. problems and such, half a year passes by and then there's new problems already and new renovation goes on.
Something like 40% schools in city I live in have mold, moisture, air problems and no we "don't" have enoough money to fix those places.

Meanwhile many "frontline troop houses" built in 50s and 60s have gone decades without any mold etc. problems.
Art of actual building of sturdy, healthy houses has fucking died, just build cheap shit and charge a lot for it and then have it be renovated after 10 years or so.

Commie blocks are the best.

it may as well be a requirement that you get poor grades in a 4 year degree at a shitty school studying something worthless, since thats what most teachers do.

Thanks for the info Satan.
Why aren't there actual strict requirements or something? You know only the best get to be teachers.

Once upon a time, Microwave ovens were new and exciting and people were eager to explore the exotic possibilities.

But it turned out that they made food into red hot shit.

That's what 3D printing is, it makes crap quality plastic pieces of shit and nothing else.

That fucking house doesn't even have lintels over the windows and what the fuck are you hanging the doors on? Ramsetting straight onto the wall?

One of those gigantic printers would cost millions and you'd still need a crew to work it.

A team of Kit home assemblers can stand 5 fucking homes per day. Good luck doing that with your 8 million dollar cement shitting toy.

You would need to pay them more.

this, and no respectable person with a masters degree actually wants to attempt to teach niggers and spics, only to have things thrown at them and such.

>it may as well be a requirement that you get poor grades in a 4 year degree at a shitty school studying something worthless

tfw you realize all the SJWs landwhales will end up teaching their bullshit to your kids 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Public education is doomed.

Because 10 yrs ago the epidemic of bullshit jobs and degrees (women's studies, bachelor's of liberal sciences, professional blogger etc) was only just beginning.

Fucking trade skill workers are 1000x more valuable.

I fucking hate seeing these communities. I lived in Florida for a year in 2005-2006 and so many of these types of neighborhoods were being built every day on account of the growing population. My dad used to do floor installation for places like these when we lived there. I dont know what its like now, but back then they had so many fucking spics working these houses. They would literally piss in the new shower/tubs in the housese that they were working on. My dad always said that he couldnt ever leave a single tool out of his sight or else it would have gotten stolen for sure. IM so glad i dont live in that god forsaken state anymore. Florida is one of the shittiest places in America.

Do a trade in the military.

Because all the limp wristed faggots academia is pooping out. Now skilled labor is in high demand. 10 years ago everybody new basic craftsmanship. Skilled labor was only needed for commercial or jobs you didn't want to do yourself. Now dudes can't even change their own oil.

There better be a binder or metal lattice or you're dying at the first earthquake or nearby idling garbage truck.

Most welders I know make double that easy, and I live in a mid sized city

90% of these workers are massive twats, i can't stand having these pricks work on my house

No problem. Chinese quality. Very sturdy.

youtube.com/watch?v=XFNbbVTNTl0

Sadly, you're right.
Things like this have happened before, (for example Lysenkoism in the USSR) and they tend to set back research by several decades.
This will probably be the final nail in the coffin of western civilization.
Unless the west can get it's shit back together really fast, the chinks are going to overtake us in critical fields such as biotech.
>tfw it's 2030 and the chinese are turning into immortal superhumans while the west is still busy making sure that Black Lives Matter(tm)

Thats not so smartly built. That roof will be too heavy to hold itself up.

The problem with 3d housing is that the angle is that it's way faster and that's how they are showing it off now.

Now that it's accepted that it's faster, it's time to show us what we can do with and we get this

They were never looked down on they were just shat on by public schools because you good goyim need to go to college

Self employment after 5-6 years.

Chronic skills shortage in the Anglosphere due to every retard going to uni because the government and their parents told them that they're SPECIAL

>tfw lay bricks by day and study law by night

I went to the biggest trade school in my state. And nearly every class was fucking empty. Seriously the most people I ever had in a class was 6.

When I go to my gf's uni you should see the amount of bullshit classes that are filled to the brim.

Mellenials are graduating with degrees in art, graphic design, bullshit studies, etc.

There's already a HUGE demand for trade jobs, and the future looks even bigger.

The college jew has fooled every single person in the 18-30 year old age bracket right now

This I work as a tree climber and go to school in the winter and work on getting my arborist cert the rest of the year. Honestly I'll probably stick with arborist because I love my job

No one wants to live in a gray cinder block.

youtube.com/watch?v=AyB3xN33f0I

Trades suck. Yeah the pay is decent but the work is fucking murderous. You're outside busting your ass every day sweating in this heat. After a few years your back starts to have problems, your neck hurts, your leg get fucked up. Its shit work that nobody wants to do but doesn't require that much brains.

>The problem with 3d housing is that the angle is that it's way faster and that's how they are showing it off now.
What? The problem with 3D printing is the angle?

something tells me you drink coffee with 2 hands

man up pussy. Christ nearly every guy in my family was a coal miner and to see you complain about a little bit of work is embarrassing

the angle as in how they are angling it towards the public

Can't you read?

Funny, my hs friend is doing real estate in florida.
He seems to be doing well though

Just enrolled on a plumbing diploma, how fucked am I? or is the future looking up?

The problem with 3D printing is it doesn't have any advantage beyond letting you press play after an extensive setup process that requires a traditional foundation, and probably omits the basement.

Prefabs are faster.

That surprises me, Florida has the worst market for real estate right now, it's cheap as fuck as people are leaving in droves

Wow what a badass!! You're so hardcore

this is bone chilling
we have to do something about this

No but it really is pitiful for a grown man to complain about hard work (that's not even hard)

This.

You can thank NAFTA for that, and i dont believe for a second that Hillary actually opposes the TPP.

If it were possible for a spic to fix my toilet from mexico it would get outsourced too. Fuck this country and fuck globalism.

Can't be automated, takes a lot of skill in some cases, especially electricians and mechanics

this. Warehouses will pay you almost minimum wage for harder work then the potash mines over here