Why are Island Nations always so arrogant and think they are better than the mainlanders?

Why are Island Nations always so arrogant and think they are better than the mainlanders?

We actually are.

It's a complex because they don't have access to the heartland.

Explain Tasmania then.

Retardation usually

Tasmania is an amazing place, it just doesn't have the economy to attract young people.

This

>there are bordercucks in this thread RIGHT NOW

leave tassie alone cunt

shan't be doing so

I meeeaaaannn areee yooouuu sssuuurreeeee?

>started the world wars twice
>the OP believes Germany is not arrogant
China/Russia/the US/North Korea are so kind ....

Japanese people think they are better than other Asians

Tbf they are both the best countries on their respective continents.

>Japanese people think they are better than other Asians

>Chinese
>Koreans
>SE Asians
>Flips

Well it's not like they have tough competition...

And Germans think the same about other Europeans.
You're in no position to call other nations arrogant.

misread it as islam nations

But oh well it does have a british flag.

This

Germans think of themselves as Europeans
British think they are better than Europeans, that's why they left the EU

We just don't care about you. Nowt to do with being arrogant.

Yes but as Germans don't you lot think you're better than other Europeans?

Japs were the only ones who couldn’t be imperialized by the West, they made Korea a vassal, and pushed China’s shit in during WW2 despite having only a fraction of their population. They are also major pioneers in media and video games. Japs are objectively the best Asians.

no, we are all equals

Because they're inbred and inferior

but why did you post pics of Korean girls multiple times to mock Japan ?

Germans think of themselves as Europeans in the sense that they believe they’re entitled to rule over all of Europe.

ok Ivan

no, European leader should be elected by all of Europeans

um, stop posting lewd pictures like this

thanks

This.

Because it's facts of a factual nature.

Name one arrogant nation other than Japan and Britain

You can't

Most Europeans believe Germans are more arrogant than Brits.

France

no problem, island bro

kek

america

Its a province not a cunt

>Poland
>trustworty most Germany least Germany
explain this poland

They are

t. Newfie

>those compassionate scores

Yeah good one lmao.

Because of something called Island Mentality. I actually read a study few years ago about the differences between Japanese and Chinese cultures, i think the study applies for England too. Basically it says that, Japanese culture is based on organizational loyalty, and that is related to being an island. People are expected to be loyal to any group they belong to - their family, friends, company and yes - country. In contrast, Chinese are loyal to their family, not their company or country. From observation, i think same can be said about England. They have the organizational loyalty culture, they feel they have to be loyal, trust is a big thing there.

Another aspect is the post-war education. Both countries have similar post-war development. Their war government remained in power, they largely exclude any negative teachings on their history, and their elites are the nationalists, the academics, the teachers, the media, the government etc.

So, when you have a society that is expected to be loyal to their elite, and to just accept whatever they are told, and when you have an elite from the war times, you end up with a society with a delusional view of themselves, their past, present and future.

I forgot to mention another big factor is the insular culture. British and Japanese people don't actually know anything about the ''outside world''. They are very self-centered. Their media glorifies them all the time, while either ignoring foreign countries, or only reporting negative stuff of them. I've seen videos on YouTube where British people can't locate France on a map, and think India is right next to them. I've seen videos of Japanese people doing similar things.

>They are very self-centered. Their media glorifies them all the time, while either ignoring foreign countries

Our television content is full of stuff about foreign countries. You can't move for documentaries and travel shows about other countries, civilisations, cultures and the natural world.

Woah

Because being an island is preferable to being on a continent, for many different reasons.

Same in Japan. NHK World (Their version of BBC) does a mini documentaries on foreign countries all the time, but the underlying tone of these docs is to show the exotic weird countries that exists. There are no programs that are negative of their culture or talk about cultural or social issues. There is no critical content of your own country, and if there is, it's either very rare or there is some sort of a spin to it, like ''it's not just us, the world is like that..'' the guilt is always taken away. It's hard to explain, but i am sure there are people who know what i am talking about.

This.

You're talking about print media. There's television content which talks about the negative aspects of Britain as well as other countries.

Also it's not only the BBC which broadcasts or makes these shows, there's hundreds of British television channels and many have their own similar content.

The Mail shits on the UK constantly. There's a reason people spam Daily Mail headlines on here.

>There are no programs that are negative of their culture or talk about cultural or social issues.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Feel free to watch any episode of BBC Panorama.

Because they got invaded and conquered. If japs consider himself not conquered, they are wrong because they conquered by allies UK and USA.

First intelligent post I've seen from a Russian all day.

Japanese people would say the same thing, that their ultra nationalist Sankei News is actually not nationalists at all, and that the only non-right-wing newspaper is actually ultra liberal for reporting non-Japanese view points.

I've watched BBC news for many years, and this is not just my observation. The BBC is pro-establishment, they are not critical of their culture, society or even government. There is a fine line all journalists must walk, they want to be seen as objective,but they don't want to be seen as critical of the establishment, because in Britain, criticizing the establishment would be seen as criticizing Britain itself. That's why Nigel Farage didn't say a single word against his own establishment, and that's why there are no public voices against the Queen. If people wan to criticize the country, they do it indirectly, they are afraid to be seen as not loyal or anti-British. The criticism is limited to individual politicians and their individual actions, never the system as a whole.

I remember few years ago, some of your politicians said that Romanian people don't know how to use cellphones, that was reported in some small blogs, but never on the BBC.

>I've watched BBC news for many years
You haven't been watching very closely then.

You really see the greedy countries.
Asians are greedy
Africans are generous

Which episode specifically do you want me to watch? Is there an episode that even suggests, forget about directly saying, just giving a hint that Britain is not the ''Great World Power'' everyone wants to believe? Is there an episode that makes it clear that Britain is nothing like America, and that Britain is largely a loyal dog that obeys American orders? Tell me which episode of Horizon says that, and i will watch it.

I've seen BBC reports that repeatedly say that without British ''expats'' Australian industries would collapse, of course without providing any data to back that random claim, but that's what they do, they just subtly insert these pro-British claims to boost the national pride of their viewers while putting others down.

Another episode i remember is a BBC journalists filming the closed farms and saying ''who would pick Britain's fruits this year!? It's not going to be THE BRITISH, we the BRITISH would never do that this kind of job.. who should be then!?''. I can give you many similar examples of subtle glorification by putting others down. In general, British people know next to nothing about their own and foreign countries.

British people want to be special. But for one to be special, others must not be. If everyone is ''great'' then there is nothing great about you. By keeping people ignorant of foreign countries and portraying them as ''stupid'' and ''unsophisticated'', while at the same time propagating over and over again how great Britain is, people end up with the impression that they are ''great'' while others are not. That's the only information they have.

There used to be a question on Quora few years ago asking ''What are some unique things about Britain'' or something like that, almost all the things listed as ''unique'' to Britain were common in many other countries.. Japan is the same. I've been told many times by Japanese people that Japanese snow is unique, and that Japan is the only country with 4 seasons. Many even think Japan is the only country that have outside Cafes.

Both countries are information echo chambers.

Again, check out Panorama. The entire point of that show is to point of the fucked up parts of our country.

>This Bulgarian acting like he knows anything about us

Mr. Germany It is funny what you say.

>This turkgypsy Bulgarian

I do, because i like learning about foreign countries extensively. Traveling to a foreign country doesn't teach you anything, it rather reinforces your already established opinions. Many people judge a country by the cover, by the appearance, the buildings, the streets etc. without looking into the history, the culture, the mentality while re-examing their own. I like to learn about countries extensively, and not just get satisfied with the surface like many people do.

British history is interesting to me, but the irony is that, the things British people are proud of the most are all fake and made up, while the things they can be proud of are largely unknown to them.

The thing is that, every country is ''great'' and all countries have contributed more or less equally, but when you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

I go to your country and I fuck all your women. I don't even need to pay them the magnificence of my presence is enough to make them gush

yeah that's right nigger

>Trying to sound like an intellectual and make a theory of British national psychology based on snippets of information you have cherry picked out of international media

If what i said was not true, you would've argued the facts instead of attacking my character. Ad hominem = no arguments. Anyway i am going to bed. Say good night to the queen.

>British history is interesting to me, but the irony is that, the things British people are proud of the most are all fake and made up, while the things they can be proud of are largely unknown to them
What events do you mean with the latter part?

Mate, you are way off about Britain. Like, way way off. You're trying to force this idea of yours onto two countries when it doesn't fit. For instance you mentioned national loyalty, there's no sense of that here, it's nothing like Japan or even other West European countries. Do you think Germany would let Daimler or Siemens be sold off to foreign concerns? Not in a million years, but England does it all the time, just two years ago we sold Arm off when it's the largest mobile semiconductor manufacturer in the world. Dozens of books and papers have been dedicated to this sort of thing, Correlli Barnett for instance wrote a whole series on it.

Could you be considered an island if you are the only sane nation surrounded by retards? Just as a hypothetical question.

McLaren and Honda were a good example of how both countries are arrogant

Why wouldn't it be an island

To Germans
Let's ask the Polish people.