youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=4e8T6BXBq7g
youtube.com/watch?v=TpB_rBIgLmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mON4pnQIz7k
youtube.com/watch?v=RFuGsM55j2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ah shitpost

Poor Reese. The man was made to suffer.

and through the suffering, his redemption and peace.

Jim Caviezel can't stop playing Jesus.

And the show was better for it. Reese was so damn cool

Because the show was basically Batman.

Only John Reese is an even better Batman than Batman.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-MsxmB0Y8g

Only because the show is more grounded.

Given the Batman similarities, and the fact that Reese is even better at being a superhero than Batman, does that make Person of Interest low key capekino?

Reese isn't Batman on his own, him and Finch were merged in the public consciousness to create a single vigilante superhero who was strong and rich.

What is he up to these days? Any upcoming shows or movies?

Finch is basically Alfred.

Went into hibernation again. Hes pretty picky about what roles he takes

I loved the music video thing they did ocasionally, usually at the end of episodes, but that was definitely the best one as it was so perfect, and they did the whole song.

youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw

#2 has to go to Death Benefit though

youtube.com/watch?v=4e8T6BXBq7g

The music choices in this show were all perfect. Relevance is another good choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=TpB_rBIgLmQ

>Mr Reese, we have a new number...

First for root a cute

CUTE!

He was in a that shitty football religious movie.

>tfw no Root AI gf
why exist?

Best girl of all time. OF ALL TIME

Why did they have to kill her?
I could barely get over the last arc of Angel and they do this again WHY?

Because killing Amy at the end of a series adds a lot of emotional weight to it. There's nothing more heartbreaking than losing Amy.

No there isn't
I have yet to reach that part... currently on about 1/3 of season 3... Harold has Amy locked up and I can't imagine any other reason to keep her locked except to protect her... But even that cant protect her forever ;_;

MY SWEDISH FRIEND

She must be protected at all costs.

I envy you though user, youre at the best part of the show, just about. Second half of season 3 is perfect.

I have 2 questions in my mind though
How does one live with the fact that you could even find a qt gf irl, but she will never be Amy?
And why is this show so underrated? Amy aside, everyone else are GOAT characters too, Reese is one of those who can be badass, broody and funny at the same time with a weird smile on him, Harold seems like the millionaire uncle you wish you had , Fusco was dirty at first, but he was later a pet and then a good friend, and so on... Why doesnt people know this kino more?

Person of Interest was great, until it wasn't.

>How does one live with the fact that you could even find a qt gf irl, but she will never be Amy?
Its not easy. Every day is a struggle knowing you will never have an Amy gf

As for why its so underrated, it's because of the network it was on. CBS never advertised it after the first season, and seemed to go out of their way to sabotage it at every possible turn, moving timeslots repeatedly, going weeks without airing new episodes, shit like that. That and the fact that at first glance it looks like another standard CBS cop show, which kept a lot of people away. It's becoming more popular as time goes on though, and more people discover it through netflix. It's just a shame it's too late to save it, because it really is a great show.

It never stopped being great

I started watching it awhile back, I'm half way through season 3 right now. I'm surprised because I was expecting something mediocre at best and it's turned out quite fun.

It somehow doesn't go CSImode when it comes to computers.

I miss this show so fucking much

Take of the rose tinted glasses user. It stopped being good after season 3. And somebody post the dual wielding pistols in the smoke gif. You know the one.

>And somebody post the dual wielding pistols in the smoke gif. You know the one.
You mean the scene that is immediately followed by one of the best of the series? I don't like that they stopped using blanks either, but it's a minor complaint, and I understand why they did it.

Because New Yorkers are pussies who thought they were real guns and called 911 every time they were filming a shootout.

>That and the fact that at first glance it looks like another standard CBS cop show, which kept a lot of people away.
On the contrary, the CBS audience got hooked on it early on because it appeared to be another of its easy-viewing procedural shows. This is after all the network's hallmark.
CBS sabotaged it because they saw it was becoming a serialized sci-fi series instead of franchisable NCIS-like show.

It had literally become too smart for their viewers.

I could have sworn I'd read something awhile ago about how when Nolan pitched the show to CBS, he was upfront about the whole surveillance state and eventual artificial intelligence theme of the show, and CBS was pretty enthusiastic about the idea. So I don't think that was a surprise to them.

It becoming more serialized might have been the problem though. I love the show, but pretty big chunks of S4 become pretty serialized, and if you missed an episode you'd be completely lost. Probably no coincidence then that S4 is when the ratings start to tank. They lost CBS' coveted septuagenarian demographic

My sweetest friend

>It stopped being good after season 3
No it didn't, it just shifted the focus from being a crime drama to the impact of the machine on society.

My dad really enjoys this show. Along with Daredevil, Father Brown, and Midsummer Murders, (though he stopped watching those because he can't follow the plot). Oh, and Foyle's War.

>Father Brown
Pretty good for what it is.

>amy will never lovingly cradle your head
;_;

Oh fuck... just watch another episode...
Root got taken hostage by that government fat lady that wanted to control the machine...
How DARE SHE!?
How could she do that to Root?
Her poor ear.
Fat government lady must die for that!

Did we ever learn what happened to Control? [Spoiler] She gets arrested by Greer at the end of S4, was she ever seen/heard from again?

Control is a patriot who loves her country and only wants to keep it safe. Sometimes that means torturing Root. who being Amy still manages to look really cute after being tortured for hours, pic very much related

Also she has one of the best character themes on the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=mON4pnQIz7k

ya blew it

I don't care! She crippled Amy! She has to pay!!

Don't worry user, her impairment becomes her superpower later on. Control actually makes her better.

And no, we never find out what happens to her. She's either dead or rotting away in a black site somewhere. They couldn't get the actress back for S5 due to scheduling conflicts, so we'll never know her true fate.

>ywn
It hurts
>mfw you keep going on a normal life for no apparent reason

Also this:
When the animu version of a real person doesn't look better than the real thing
That... is perfection lads...

just end my suffering.

If only women had been this liberated back in the day, we`d have never had fucking slavery or the confederacy to begin with.

No drawing could ever match the perfection of Amy. Though that one isn't terrible. I've seen much worse.

I wanna be be him
Why can't I be him?
What do i have to do so I can finally be him?

There's nothing any of us can do about it user, he beat you to it. He beat me to it. At the very least we can take solace in the fact that he seems like a pretty cool dude and they seem happily married.

Maybe in another life, you can be him. And finally be able to hold amy'shand[/spoiler

liberated from what? lol

I'll be looking forward to that other life...

Meanwhile, posting Amy and watching PoI will have to do.
I must confess that life seems even more boring knowing there isn't a cute AI looking after us... The whole AI thing, I did not see that coming from the start...

I love The Machine. Big reason why I like the show so much is because I'm a sucker for stories about artificial intelligence, and POI really unlike any other story about AI. The Machine actually becomes a really fleshed out, interesting and even lovable character in her own right. I for one would gladly serve an omniscient artificial super intelligence if it was half as good and moral as The Machine is.

>even in season 5 finale, every thread never even passed 100 posts before dying out.

It's a great show, HR was a great storyline. I even had the actor of Fusco retweet my comment and responded. Dude is great, Jimmy is just all around cool.

Something maybe a bit unrelated and more /x/ territory, but some believe such a network exists and transcends mere technology, and it could be related to the practice of meditation... Steve Jobs and other historical geniuses claimed some of the bright ideas they had were because of it... Picturing it as a qt Amy interface though gives a whole new level to it...

Do you tink Joss Whedon fuckrd Amy? I think he did.

heretic
get out
of course he didn't
he certainly tried though
take your (You) and never say such horrible thing again

I like to believe that the last three episodes were all a failed simulation and the machine found a way to keep them all alive and still win. Root and Shaw live happily ever after together, Reese LIVES, and Finch still goes to Italy to be with Grace.

I'd even be satisfied with Root faking her death somehow and a sequel show being about Root, Shaw, and the new Machine.

everyone I know

What? The episode threads for the last 3 or 4 episodes reached bump limit. The finale thread last for like 2 days. I remember, I was there. It was beautiful

Thats a little too wacky for me. I do think there's a good chance a true artificial intelligence already exists though. Probably locked away deep in a DARPA basement somewhere

I saw one of those petitions collecting signatures to save the show and/or make spinoffs
But i fear it might be too late. Even though, it exists, so some people thinks there's a chance the characters survived.
The wacky thing is called the akashic record in any case... described as some kind of "spiritual internet" containing all data of past present and future, the "mind of God", which resembles the concept from the show... but like I said, just stuff I heard, /x/ domain... something closer to a human creation, maybe too, who knows...

Im happy with how it ended, even though it hurt losing characters I loved. The story wrapped up beautifully, and I loved especially the Machine taking Root's voice in the last few episodes. I wouldn't change any of it. If you really want a happy ending for the show, just headcanon that it ended at pic related.

Alright folks
I'm just gonna leave this Amy over here...
And tomorrow I start the Samaritan plotline...

That's exactly what I do. For me that's the last moment before the simulations started.

Nah, this show was great and then it was shit. I stopped during season 3, it was terrible. I just read about the last season on the wiki and man I'm glad I gave up on that shit.

Watched the ending for Reese on youtube, wow, truly terrible.

Also speaking of blanks/CGI gunshots, Reese's gun fires without him pulling the trigger what did they mean by that?

youtube.com/watch?v=RFuGsM55j2s