THE ACCOUNTANT

Thoughts on this movie?

I thought it was pretty good, but the final twist stretched credibility too far.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_Stewart_Gardner_Museum_theft
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah like how the hell do you have a $300 million pollock stashed in your trailer?

it shows well that autists are violent sociopaths

Not bad, just very mediocre

This.

Affleck is literally the love child of Sterling Archer und Cyril Figgis in this movie.

I like the twist. First half you think he's a savage autistic psychopath but second half you realize he's a nice kind caring autistic person.

They should have spent a little time on the brother, because I was confused about his line of work. Was he just a bodyguard or did he exclusively work for bad guys?
Him acting like a total asshole in the majority of his adult scenes makes me think he was a bad guy.

I got bored like 20 mins in, never recovered from that. Was it suppose to be good?

female begone

He was a hitman. I kinda' agree, though. One scene he's non-lethally cohercing some corrupt corporate tycoon to stop fucking over small-time business owners, the next he's threatening to have an innocent man's wife raped for shits and giggles. It was inconsistent.

The whole """""twist""""" at the end about the voice on the cellphone being that autist girl from the beginning was obvious as fuck. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be surprising until I read reviews afterward.

I've been told I look like the guy with the glasses from this movie should I watch

>Giving a rat an original Jackson Pollock

that's a pretty hefty compliment, unless they mean you look less like Ben Affleck and more like an autist

rude!

>tfw no comfy storage banker loaded with documentation, passports, gold, large amounts of currency, weapons, and a few paintings which i can quickly haul to my truck whenever i want to start a new life

>hfw you flash the cheese wheel

Watched it a couple week ago. Thought it was alright. John Bernthal being in it was a nice surprise as I had no clue. Wished he had more scenes.

AU Batman featuring The Punisher and Commissioner Gordon.

All of the twists (Litgow being the big bad, Bernthal being the brother, the voice being his autistic friend) were pretty obvious.

cool concepts and ideas, good cast, but shitty execution and direction

I wondered if his autistic assistant had feelings for him, or if she was just trying to get him to stick to the program by telling him over and over again not to save the girl.

Also, if my autistic first girlfriend had been good at killing people our dates would have been a lot more exciting.

A paycheck is a paycheck bro.

Art can be extremely valuable and, sometimes, stolen without ever being recovered:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_Stewart_Gardner_Museum_theft

Kino as fuck.

Look at the poster. All the puzzle pieces have to fit. The movie is itself autism.

I thought the movie was great. Want a sequel.

He was a shot caller in a PMC (Private Military Company). Basically the leader of a band of mercenaries.

Good movie. Glad to hear it's getting a sequel.

Lucky for us, they're making one.

This scene was so fucking great. For some reason, I found all the reactions in this movie so believable. That dude saying, "What the fuck?" made that whole scene for me.

I'm sure they have an emotional relationship with each other, but it's implied it's completely platonic ('dreamboat'). But they're autistic business people, so they put their business above all else (including other peoples lives). When he saved Anna Kendrick, he was going off his usual autist course, which made it harder for them to go about their business. But I didn't hear any jealousy or reprimand from the voice, just the 'sigh'.

meant for

>the final twist stretched credibility too far

i was fine with the idea, but i didn't like how that defused the main conflict so quickly. like i vaguely recall one of them just telling jon lithgow to shut up and then shooting him so they can keep having their bro moment.

and its been a while since i've seen the movie, but didn't the brother work with those guy who ben gunned down? did he just hate all of those guys or something? surely at least one of them he was buddies with enough to be pissed at ben for killing them

does that really qualify as a twist? pretty minor thing

Loved Christian doing that little wave at the old couple at the end.

The actor playing his brother looked nothing like him. They really couldn't get another anglo-looking dude?

Me too. It reminded me of Gump.