Why has culture hit a brick wall?

Why nobody can do anything original in film,tv; or music.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f1xaJaszDQE
youtube.com/watch?v=fCakBQPKY_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everyone's enslaved by taboos again.

Jewish censorship.

sounds like all the edgy shit doesn't tickle your fancy anymore

it must be the children

Capitalism

fashion, architecture and music are great right now if your in the right niche (especially compared to the 2000s)

but movies are a different story
because jews.

Because trying something new is taking a financial risk.

And you don't what to invest money in something that may not work.

That's why film/tv/music won't try their hand at it

There's plenty of inovation in culture on hte internet, though, but 90% of it is still bad

How many art pieces have you viewed recently? Plays? Have you been to a movie? Do you watch little Japanese Annie May's? The site you're on right now is part of our culture, and so is YouTube, social media, video games. If you're not just spouting "muh current generation" memes I'd be seriously concerned. Culture is something that affects everyone's life, and is built by everyone's experiences.

Money. people realize you can make the same thing again (movie remakes ect) and get money.

there really arent any good movies tv shows or music right now tho

The animating forces that lead to a healthy, virile civilization have been tamped down by the (((cultural elite))).

We must learn to love ourselves and believe in ourselves again before we can create works of art that enter the grand western canon. To do that, we must remove the malign Jewish influence from the levers of power and from the institutions that create and curate art.

Also, we must begin to un-cuck ourselves and force ourselves to imagine again.

Not enough PEPAAAAAY

you literally have all the media you could ever want at your fingertips at this very second, if you search hard enough

and it wont matter if it exists, it'll exist soon enough

us lucky few exist in a post-internet society, what more could you possibly want? degenerate

It seems to be repetition without progression in many cases, same thing over and over.

Popular music, (yes I know it is rubbish) for example sounds like it is eternally stuck in the late 90's

Jews control the media what else is new

Vidya games suck because the technology is advancing so fast that devs have to spend longer on games for them to be good.

But they won't, because that's more work for the same $60 payoff. So, halve the content, charge full price, and release the rest of the drafts in paid-DLC or microtransactions sporadically.

its not there senpai

>especially compared to the 2000s
>being this new

>Why nobody can do anything original in film,tv; or music.?
1) Too many taboos
2) Increasing cost and therefore risk
3) Copyright becoming increasingly powerful, which enacts cultural stasis

>Because trying something new is taking a financial risk.

This. It's not just popular culture, we've become extremely risk adverse in everything : politics, business, arts.

Now pretty much anyone could make a movie or publish a book online, you'd expect lots of new and creative content out there but we're see the opposite.

sounds like:

a niche demographic that isn't worth shit pandering to

thank you, invisible hand of the market

chill and groove to these wonderful tunes youtube.com/watch?v=f1xaJaszDQE

join in the 21st century

the video doesnt even work but it looks pretty shitty desu

Jews own media, only shit comes out. It's not so much that culture can't move on, it's that these parasites are manipulating and retarding it as much as possible.

Honestly I think media has slowed down.
And one of the reasons is because of lowered population.
The world itself has increased in homo sapiens, but the ones that actually produce (whites, jews, orientals) have gone down in the past 60 years.

It is a thought..

For centuries we had evolution in arts, I can think back to when the net was just starting and people said then.

"With this technology and sharing we will soon have a new generation of amazing musicians creating wondrous art."

It just didn't happen..

point me to 3 examples of each. I'll fucking wait.

They can, you just have extreme levels of nostalgia goggles on

I'll do music and unironically say Death Grips. No, I am not memeing you. as of the others, I have no clue and it is probably shite.

Everything original has already been done. In story-telling only seven narratives exist. We have been recycling those seven for thousands of years. --Movies + TV

In music you can only have so many chord combinations that work. Almost all of them have been created. In 300 years it will be impossible to write a song without infringing on someones copyright.

Or maybe you two are just getting older. When you are young, everything is new, even the horrible stuff. I look back at some of the crap I used to love on TV and can't believe I liked it.

There are ebbs and flows, to be sure, but in general, shit gets more boring as you age, and your taste might change. One interesting thing is how many people liked fiction more when they were young, and tend to like non-fiction more as they get older. The sad thing about that is that so often, non-fiction is a bunch of embellished shit .

The short answer is that """""creatives""""" are mostly a bunch of ass-kissing pussies.

>LIterally every cartoon is the same, pop-culture bullshit usually using very similar animation styles
>Compared to the plethora of well animated, clever cartoons of the past

>Literally almost every "top grossing" film in the last half decade has been a superhero movie, a remake of a superhero movie, a sequel (usually to a superhero movie) or a sequel to a movie that should not have been made in the first place
>Compare to film from 1972-1999

>All popular books are geared towards women, tasteless bullshit
>Compare to books from the beginning of time up until the 1980's/1990's

>Architecture
>Must I even illustrate this one

>Television shows
>This is probably the only one that is difficult to bash considering a lot of people would consider this to be the Golden Age of television series.

Why has OP hit a brick wall?

Why can't OP find anything original in film, TV, or music?

good question

writers are probably afraid to lose their jobs

See

No, they are right.
I have seen other peiple mention the same, even older people. Most movies this year were either remakes or superhero shit.
I think the biggest giveaway are clothes. Look at how they have changed over the years. From previous decades, there were usually big trends witg characteristics. But now, it still looks like late 90's. And the little few new elements are actually old trends brought back to life (like hipster glasses)

Even cars mostly look the same now.

I'd hate to be wrong and it IS just that getting old is the case, but things seem so static.

Early 80's music vs late 80's music, quite a difference
Early 2000's music vs late 2000's music..sounds the same really.

Some of the most original and strangest music I've ever heard comes from recent times, OP. The fact that you can produce nearly any sound you want on a machine opens a lot of venues up for creative people.
youtube.com/watch?v=fCakBQPKY_M

Modern cars are designed on computer and are required by law to have increasingly strict emissions and efficiency levels, so the basic options available to the designers are continually decreasing even though new materials and technologies are continually becoming available.
But the electronics available in cars now are improving at a tremendous rate : even cheap cars now have dual technology machine vision/millimeter wave radar anticollision systems and backup cameras, and the refinement of individual components continues to rise.
The level of engineering that goes into the combustion cylinder/piston fabrication alone is astounding

>Why nobody can do anything original in film,tv; or music.?
Who do you think runs the media?

infograph_of_jews_running_nearly_all_western_media.png

Also, there's nothing wrong with being unoriginal.

A lot of cultural marxism and degenerate propaganda has been pushed as being "unique" or "original" or "boundary-pushing" and any time someone says it's bad or should be replaced with something that improves people morally or otherwise is called censorship.

you have been looking at kikewood or anime, both have large audience, both complete shit

Because Jews control the culture, and Jews don't create. They only critique.

Becauae all youre exposed to is mainstream junk.
If you look a bit harder its still there

This as well.

Simple. Education is indoctrination. There's a certain narrative to be pushed. As such real creativity is dying out. Look for independents you might find rough gems between the neverending stream of shit.

Praise Kek.

Because you fool, they don't exist to create original, useful ideas, it is an indoctrination system to create context and manipulate perception ie

>be frightened of everything
>believe you are weak and helpless
>only super heroes and the state can solve problems
>debauchery and degradation is liberty and the utmost valuable thing
>family is to be coddled-what was the last time you saw a mainstream movie about a family where all the members were strong, smart and self sufficient?

The endless cycle of remakes and sequels is to reduce creative and expansive thought in people, to create only one track on which people think. Google DOD getting involved in movie and TV industry.

you are full of cynical bullshit. no one but yourself is stopping you from writing or singing or making music or making videos and putting them on the internet and becoming successful.

the big companies are run by idiots who think they can copy the last successful movie or music and fool everyone. it's not a conspiracy, it's plain old stupidity.

You are wrong.

Look up ((studio interference)) etc., for instance the script for the Robin Hood remake was getting huge acclaim, people were loving it and expecting something great to come of it, then it got into production along the way and the script was changed into something completely unlike what it was before and was a failure.

Look at music, this one's more clear. Musicians start off seemingly innocent and interesting but they always follow the same endgame of drunkenness and excessive sexualization. Music videos are full of useless, meaningless imagery in a way that locks in and stimulates the primitive thinking of the brain.

Ofcourse Japan would know about cars

>it's an American who thinks mainstream music or hollywood movies encompasses all music and movies thread

Jesus christ Burger, mainstream media has ALWAYS been very unoriginal and has always had lots of degenerate lyrics. Look at any mainstream music scene from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and it's always 2-3 bands who start doing something original and then hundreds of more bands who start copying these bands. That's the same way it is today.

And before you dig up your 60s prog rock to try and claim music was much more creative in the past, keep in mind that a lot of the albums from the 60s and 70s that are very acclaimed today took decades to get the recognition it deserves, a lot of them were drowned out in the same, boring, rip-offs of whatever's popular at the time.

There's much more originality going on in music today than it has presumably ever.

Cars are the same because major car manufacturers are increasingly sharing platforms, engines and other technology.

>Musicians start off seemingly innocent and interesting but they always follow the same endgame

I've always thought that was because the first album or two were successful because they essentially spent a lifetime coming up with the material, and then they are under pressure to create more goodness but it is now based on six months of experience as a rich rock star.

Few can do what Taylor Swift and Beyonce do. Most flame out but still have millions, and thus the debauchery.

And I agree with you that major studios make bad decisions in all the arts, but I refuse to believe that they have a secret desire to fail because of teh joos or whatever.

and cars are designed with aerodynamics much more than in the past.

funny how people never complain that all airplanes and jets and rockets and high speed trains are very similar.

It's not a desire to fail, it's an intent to be coercive, to train the thought process in a certain way, open up youth to so called liberation aka primitiveness and keep them in that state for as long as possible.

>funny how people never complain that all airplanes and jets and rockets and high speed trains are very similar.

I think it's because we are used to the fact that trains, airplanes and rockets are designed for efficiency rather than looks, while cars (being a consumer product) have always used unique designs and styles to atract the public, even at the cost of efficiency. With the new ecology laws around, and the fact that consumers want more efficent (and therefore cheaper to maintain) cars, companies have stoped focusing on looks