sharewheel.org/Home/tent-cities
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i've have never heard of tent cities before in my entire life

tent cities still exist????????????????
I thought those were only during Great Depression

came here to post this

No. It’s called California

ZING!

I heard of them in a documentary in the 2008 recession, there were loads of people literally living in tents under a bridge in California.

Google results. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

California is fucked dude

those people live better than anyone in bulgaria

Can't they use bricks to build? Our niggers are more advanced.

C*lifornians are literally subhuman

europe looks like latrine america

there's multiple in seattle

sharewheel.org/Home/tent-cities

>scholar countries have names for societal phenomenons
Woah...

So we can all agree California is part of mexico and was never a part of the usa now right?

The one for Mexico is wrong, it looks like a technical term for government use. The term ciudades perdidas (lost cities) was once popular but few places like those remain anymore, we do have what would be considered slums by developed world standards but they have full services (electricity, running water, trash collection, etc.) and homes are generally well built even if small and ugly.

Literally never heard the term tent cities in my life. Our name for slums is slums or ghetto .

>Poblados chabolistas

They are marginal zones it’s a government term
When you get any benefit from the government there is always a “Vive en zona marginada?” Question

our slums tend to be run-down, late 19th/early 20th century homes or mid-century urban renewal projects

>Zona marginal

What the fuck is that?

A zone that grew up recently and has low average income, high crime rate and other shit I can’t remember
Zones mainly around Mexico City

>When you get any benefit from the government there is always a “Vive en zona marginada?
That'd be funny if it wasn't so fucked up, I can just imagine a guy with a broken arm trying to enroll into seguro popular struggling to remember how many lightbulbs he's got home.

I see. I thought that was the term to refer to Chiapas and Guerrero.

We have names for it because It's an unknown phenomena in our countries.
We have to name the unknown. This is a first world habitude, we call it "science" aka observing the world and try to understanding it, even when it seems to be over the common sense.

Of course it refers to them as well, everywhere where there are poor people
Also indigenous communities
> I can just imagine a guy with a broken arm trying to enroll into seguro popular struggling to remember how many lightbulbs he's got home.
Sad that it is an actual question

> Poblados chabolistas

>tent cities

wat

we call those "ghettos" here

They called them Hoovervilles back then

Bulgarians dont have a name for slums in the same way fish don't have a name for water

It doesn't necessarily mean slum. Its more like a shit-ton of homeless in one area

gente pobre

Ghetto and tent city have different meaning.
A ghetto is where only a certain ethnicity/ nationality reaides, while a tent city is literally what the word says, a shack/tent encampment that grew in a huge city. Think of the favelas, every kind of person lives there.

How could we talk about shitholes like your country without this kind of words ?

You don't have a word for slums 'cause you guys just call it home.

California is cascadian you disgusting mongrel

>Only a certain ethnicity
NIGGA YOU RETARDED

You can have words for things you don't have in your coutry, you know.

For example, slum, or more accurately shantytown, would be hökkelikylä in finnish, despite cold winters keeping them away from here despite romanian gypsies trying to change that from time to time.

>tfw fellow americans are living in tents while I keep my pool at 78 f all summer

I love this country you foreigners will never understand what its like to be wealthy and white in America.

That’s actually a nice place in Greece. You wish you’d vacation there fucking dumb american

Guess in bulgaria they're simply called "cities"?