Is this actually a bad movie or just overrated?

Is this actually a bad movie or just overrated?

Yes

Neither.

Why is it always associated with reddit?

Anything popular often is.

It's a good movie but the fan base is generally obnoxious and don't understand that it is satire.

Calling things "Reddit" is the new rule 1&2

If you never advertise Sup Forums it will magically stop being popular

Was it supposed to like like he's holding a cock and I've missed it this entire time?

it's like christopher nolan in that people don't want to admit to liking something so popular and well-liked so they shit on it even though they probably enjoy it themselves

The problem is that people dig too deep to find substance that isn't there. It's a good flick if taken at face value.

Because it's extremely popular among MRA subreddits.

Have you guys watched Netflix's ReBirth? Its like fight pleb but way better

It's an okay movie, it's just embarrassingly edgy like all of Palahniuk's work. It has a reputation for being popular among "dude fuck the system I'm such a rebel" types.

What about the whole masculinity crisis and the mega corporations not caring about you plus the lack father figures themes? They are more subtle and deep in my opinion. Anti consumerism and anarchism are just the surface

Other movies tackle the masculinity crisis thing better. The corporations thing is kind of a "no shit" thing that mature people just accept.

Palahniuk is Nietzsche for normalfags

something about fight club that annoys me is how numales disregard EVERYTHING from tyler and brand 100% of the film as satire

the final message is one of finding balance, not blatantly ignoring everything about masculinity and consumerism

It's a great film that you grow out of as an adult.

It's a patrician film

Man those are some deep themes.

Shut the fuck up. This movie is objectively awful.

Better than the themes of the talmud

It's a good movie.

It's a great movie, but most people are put off by how literal and serious (r)edditors and edgelords take it.

It's almost perfect if you watch it with the expectation that it's just for entertainment, not some kind of wake up call to change your life.

it's ok but it also attracts tons of closet homosexuals who think it's genius

It's things that are popular but not THAT popular that always get associated with Reddit.

What about the one about Marla representing the disruption of the motherly woman in jack's life being the source of his frustration with her. Even the supports group woman speaks in a motherly tone while as Marla is what a normal woman actually is like. And what about the whole Tyler Durden tricking you into thinking he is cool and edgy while basically becoming a business man utilizing beta faggots as his personal workforce,just as bad as the corporations.
And what do you think of the early appeareances of tyler portraying the best reaction to post modernism and all the current shit storm we are living world wide, stepping aside, letting go, stop caring, let the chips fall where they may. Not to mention that Jack not giving a fuck about social norms and sperging out in his underwear in the final scenes is what actual masculinity /alphaness is like. Pretty deep to me.

that's the fucking problem its a great film but its a literally another starship troopers, you're not supposed literally idolize these shitty characters ideals..

You got it totally wrong. He's upset with Marla because she's ruining his gig, that's literally it. It shows you how petty both of them are when they argue with each other about splitting workshops. Did you come here from reddit?

I just wanted to add that the moment you start self inserting or relating with the characters is when you've missed the whole point of the movie.

The last part was absolutely garbage and Carter fucking sucks.

Nietzsche is Nietzsche for normalfags. That's not to denigrate Nietzsche, it's just to say that you haven't been to a university.

Can I subscribe to your newsletter?