French is Latin as was spoken by Franks

>French is Latin as was spoken by Franks
>Dutch descends from Salian Frankish
Our languages share a common root. Why don't we like each other more?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_French#Frankish
youtube.com/watch?v=kmk5dKkzXlA
youtube.com/watch?v=4dczPmbaZrU
youtube.com/watch?v=YWtviasweno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because everytime I listen to dutch it's like rubbing a chalk against a blackboard to my ears.
Those are pretty decent guys, they just tend to redden as they cross the 44th parallel.
Plus they like cheese like us, who does not like people who like cheese?

The Dutch are okay in my opinion, even though they're calvinist and speak a really harsh language.

france muslims niggers muslims niggers muslims niggers

nederlands is so much closer gramatically to duits than francoise it's silly really.

Yeah but that's not the point.

>Why don't we like each other more
It's just like a whole different world is between us. Whenever I'm in France a lot of people shit on me when I start talking Dutch to my girlfriend, but when I talk French to them they doesn't really seem to care anymore. All Francophone people are okay though except those in Brussels.

>a lot of people shit on me when I start talking Dutch to my girlfriend
Damn, really? I thought we were more accepting of other European languages.

Well it's perhaps because it seems like German to many people and you don't really have good experiences with Germans visiting your country.

i bet you never seen dutchs behaving like animals at gas station on their road to the south

The really shitty tourists in France are the English.

>Francophones is Brussels
you mean niggers and muzzies?

maybe , doesn't change the fact dutchs have no manners, are loud and disgusting, even the men are wearing women leggings, absolutely disgusting

yes and those who pride themselves for achieving nothing

>French is Latin as was spoken by Franks
By Gauls.

Gauls didn't exist anymore after the fall of Rome. Many had Roman admixture, and those that didn't were, by all means and intent, latinized; fully integrated Roman citizens who probably spoke perfect Latin. Franks are the reason French strayed farther away from Latin than other Romance languages, see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_French#Frankish

1830 ring a bell jackass?

La révolution de Juillet?

Indeed, Dutch tourist seriously lack coyness.

neverland btfo by belgian peasents ?

Wait so French are basically Italian dagos?

>La révolution de Juillet?
What the fuck does that have to do with the Dutch.
Belgian revolt.
>Belgian peasants
Forgetting your part?

I meant modesty

>Belgian revolt
Ah yes, that thing...

The french hate everyone.

I love you though.

this is why french flags barely create hateful threads like all other inferior countries

I love you too.

The French actually ignore that part of their history.

Everything before 1945 is pretty much forgiven.

Pourquoi?

because France history is so large and diverse we can't learn everything

C'est comme ça, de toute façon les Français ont un regard assez condescendant concernant la Belgique et ce qui peut s'y passer (en dehors de Moleenbek, s'entend).

pretty much thisfor instance, i'm pretty sure that 95% of french ignore what cinco de mayo is, while it's a huge deal in Mexico.

Hmm, intêressante.
Mon français est trop terrîble maintenant, mais je penses que je comprends.
Nobody wants to remember defeats.

Why don't you guys like us more

Apparently, only one Mexican state celebrates cinco de mayo regularly. It's much more popular in the US.

maginot

>Nobody wants to remember defeats.
half of Highschool last year (the most important) history programm is
-decolonization
-Vichy France (+holocaust obviously)
the other half is the cold war+post-soviet era.

But I do.
>tfw visiting Bruges with Walloon friend and noting that Flemish people are actually nicer than francophones anywhere

I like France, only things I hate about your country are your tourists. They are loud, arrogant and expect everyone to speak French.

Reading this thread, I imagine the same is true of most tourists.

Not the Chinese? They fucking ruined France for me when I visited. The Americans were obnoxious, but at least there wasn't fucking thouands of them at every tourist location.

Chinese tourists barely even feel human, they're more like a natural phenomenon like wind or rain. Their ability to exist and not exist at the same time is extraordinary.

I agree. Our tourists probably are pretty shitty too. But no tourists are as bad as American, Indian and Chinese tourists.

I dunno man France just gets me kinda depressed it's like a dusty supermarket corner

Have you ever been to one of our southern coastal cities in summer? It's impossible to feel depressed.

He's exagerrating, Gauls still existed as an ethnicity but their culture was fully latinised + modern Italians are mixed aswell and are probably very different from the ancient Romans (Germanics in the north, Arabs and Greeks in the South)

Yeah I was generalizing heavily you have a lot of beautiful cities but a lot of your villages are also so downtrodden and dirty what's up with that? Some of those places look like they can fall apart any time.

I love Bordeaux though.

Is Dutch not Germanic?

>Mon français est trop terrîble maintenant, mais je penses que je comprends.
Absolument, user. C'est dur à apprendre comme langage, n'est-ce pas ?

I've never had problems with Chinese tourists, but I worked for a while in tourism, and the worst tourists (along with white trash from France) were the British.

Old Frankish was a Germanic language. Basically, modern French descends from the Vulgar Latin Franks spoke while Dutch descends from their native Germanic language.

No offense but french people run away when you approach them and they suspect you not speaking french.

Not talking about Paris, but in rural France this is the case.

Yeah I guess my main problem with them was as a tourist. They never really seemed to get into conflicts with anyone like the poms did, but they made it hard to enjoy things. You'd be standing in front of a painting at the Louvre trying to enjoy it and suddenly a fucking hundred of them come swarming in, shoving you around and generally being rude. They also have absolutely no concept of queues.

One of my cousins lives in Paris, and he gave me a description of Chinese tourists that is similar to yours. On the other hand, Chinese immigrants in France tend to behave themselves. How do they act in Australia ?

Just as bad. I'm on the other side of the continent to where all the tourist stuff is though so most of the chinese I meet are migrants. The Hong Kong and Singaporean Chinese are fine, but the mainlanders are all autistic and very resistant to assimilating

This is correct

your common root is being a skinny nafri bitchboy

Thank you user. That's quite demoralizing, though.

Reste calme, Ottoman rapebaby.

The Frankish spoken by Franks in Neustria was an Old-High-German dialect while the Frankish spoken by Salian-Franks was a Old-Low-German dialect that did not make through a sound shift.

Google Pulse fishing + EU and you know why.
French people hate innovation.

youtube.com/watch?v=kmk5dKkzXlA

youtube.com/watch?v=4dczPmbaZrU
youtube.com/watch?v=YWtviasweno

Not only in your cunt

french is more of a gaulish thing than a frankish thing

find stuff like this about the history of Europe fascinating Tbh