Let's hear it for the most predictable fucking episode yet. My god, Daniel and David can't write worth shit...

Let's hear it for the most predictable fucking episode yet. My god, Daniel and David can't write worth shit. If all those wights dropped when Jon killed the walker because they were turned by him then why was there just one single Wight marching in that group that wasn't turned by the same walker? Why is it that when they were surrounded and the wights started charging them by the hundreds, they were still able to take them out one at a time instead of being immediately overwhelmed? Who the fuck was the random dude who got killed by the bear or the other random fuck who fell off the little cliff into the mob of wights? Why are arya and sansa at each other's throats over shit that we all know doesn't fucking matter? Why did dany bring all three dragons just because of a letter asking for help even though she still had no idea whether the white walkers were even real or not? Why didn't she just have drogon torch the white walkers then and there? Even if it wouldn't have worked you would still think she would've tried. Everything was just for plot convenience. What the fuck has happened to this show?

i didn't read this

I didn't read this

reddit

I didn't read this

I didn't read this

I didn't read any of this.

Sorry. I forgot to use meme arrows. Tl;Dr the writing sucks on this show

boring ep, it was like a hallmark movie

can't believe this show is winding down with such shit

i wish i didn't read this

>ITT: Butthurt showfags who can't stand their precious series being criticized.

Agree with you 100%, though I still enjoyed the episode overall. The show has lost it's balls BIG TIME. GRRM would've killed off Jorah, The Hound, Thoros, Beric, and Gendry. Oh wait, GRRM wouldn't have written this retarded fucking plot line where they go beyond the wall to capture a wight. And then when they're surrounded by all of them on all corners, stuck on the rock. What else could possibly save them at this point except DRAGONS? I saw it coming the moment they started running.

>everything was just for plot convenience

that's your standard HBO show

same

>Oh wait, GRRM wouldn't have written this retarded fucking plot line where they go beyond the wall to capture a wight.

:^)

Foreshadowed by the pickled hand with Alliser Thorne babe

Seriously. And another thing, how fucking long were they stuck there on that rock? How fast can a god damn raven get from eastwatch to dragonstone? And what luck that the dragons show up riiiiggghht when they're all about to die and Jon's having his little moment of silence. Jesus. I'm obviously still going to watch the show to the end but it's starting to get painful to sit through.

you idiot jon put wights in ice cells the day after he became lord commander in the books

forgot about that tbqh

only started rereading the books a few weeks ago

That's not foreshadowing you dumbfuck. That's just another event in the show.

Obviously the Walkers knew that Johnny was hunting for a Walker and sent out a squad of a Walker, his squad, and an outlier Wight so Johnny could bag the outlier, then they could surround them on the ice while allowing one of their number to get away so they could send a raven to Daenerys so she would fly her dragons to the frozen lake so the Night King could rekt one and raise it as his steed.

Obviously.

The NK is a sort of "future seer", or whatever thr appropriate term is.
Therefore, it is reasonable to assume the entire ordeal was planned by him from the start.
Meaning the NK sent that group of wights walking about in hopes of them finding Jon and Co because he knew what they wanted.
So, he included a wight that wasn't turned by that Troop's leader, so that it could get captured by Jon; however, the NK most likely told that particular wight to send out a signal once he was captured so that the other wights could be alerted.
Then, it's also reasonable to assume that there was a clear reason for all of those wights to surround Jon and Co the way they did before they began attacking.
The reason for that being the NK was using Jon and Co as bait to lure the Dragons to them.
The NK doesnt care about Jon or Dany, which is the only reasonable excuse for why he didnt throw that spear at them, or at the dragon Dany was on which let them escape.
Find a better reason, I dare you.

in the show it was yoren and DnD couldn't think that far ahead for it to be foreshadowing anyway.

no wait it wasn't yoren was it

fuck my memory is bad

I don't know what's real

Squadrons of eights always contain at least one wight that is turned by another walker so if the walker is slain, the remainder wight can signal the other walkers.

>ice is thin enough for Wights to fall through despite it being freezing cold that far North for months
>ice refreezes solid enough for Wights to run across in a matter of days
That was retarded. The whole episode was retarded. Jon trying to give Longclaw back in the middle of the mission was retarded. Them waiting so long to use dragonglass on the bear was retarded. The bear not just dying to Longclaw was retarded. Jon's random berserker charger at the end was retarded.

thanks for the original opinion user

even normies are ripping this show apart for how stupid the plot has been

the action is cool and we know they're rushing because they don't give a fuck but EVERYONE knows the whole "get a wight" plan is stupid on all levels

agree 100%. writing has gone to shit

Good writing means that the audience doesn't have to head cannon everything themselves to understand the story.

>What the fuck has happened to this show?
it went downhill

Why would they sort them by all the ones they turned? Your question is stupid.

There's nothing inherently wrong with predictability

i didnt read this

Digits confirm! The existence of the three-eyed raven supports this especially since its existence is to counter The Night King.

These are all me

>GoT has redshirts and modern day cock/fag jokes now

What a time to be alive. Thanks based GRRM for not finishing your mediocre series and allowing this to happen.

It's garbage, not even meming. It's still 'fun' if you turn off your brain and think of it as an anime.

Maybe a dumb idea, but why didn't The Hound use his hammer to smash the ice surrounding the island while the wights were waiting for (days?) Even if it was pointless wouldn't that at least create a barrier for a while?

why is a Sup Forums board so obsessed about a normie series based on a feminist's book anyway ?

BEEEEENNNNNNJENENNNNNNNNNNNNNN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
E
E
E
E
E

why no Ice giants when there were ice giants shown earlier in the season.
Is there some reason for the army not to be all together aside from scouts/recruitment?

I'm trying to understand this timeline and how long they were north of Eastwatch, it had to be a month at the very least, how long exactly were they at that lake?

First they get attacked by the polar bear in what I assume is rather early on in the adventure, Gendry gets sent back to send a raven, maybe it takes him a few days just to get back to the wall and get back through. Then, he has to send a raven ALL the fucking way to Dragonstone, probably a journey that takes several days at the very least for the raven. Then, Dany has to receive the message and then fly all the fucking way back north, talking hundreds if not thousands of miles, and then has to somehow fucking find exactly where Jon and his group are in the middle of no where, without a map, only on her dragons. That probably took at least 2-3 days to fly up there, if not more. Did she get thirsty? Did she bring food for her, what about the dragons, did they stop to feast on some sheep or something? Where did Dany sleep during the journey? How the fuck did she find them?

Now even going to get into the ridiculousness that is the walkers having forged chains and somehow wrapping them around a dragon in fuck knows how deep water (how the fuck did they do this?)

It's just beyond my ability to suspend disbelief, it's a fantasy world yes, but there are limits even there, as it's supposed to be a "grounded" fantasy.

Bran isn't the only one who has greensight, the Night's King does as well. He knew the dragons would show up, which is why he had ice javelins ready.

Travel has always been rushed and BS'd in this series. But if we did include realistic time the episodes would double for a season

You're right. I want to believe but the show keeps making it harder and harder with every episode.

He not dying of hypothermia is because he's a corpse right? That's a given?

Did Dany realized she loved him before realizing he's a corpse? That's what the shot of his wounds implied, didn't it?

Kinda hate to admit I agree.. also, the wights were coming in as if on a mission, you see them trying to take back their own. The night king always looks as if no fucks are given even after the dragon. Not surprised if he had this all somewhat planned or at least understood.. bran vs night king when? You know it's gonna happen

Hate to burst your autistic bubble but D&D love the series more than anyone here. GRRM made sure they were true fans before giving them the rights.

>predictable
Because everyone on here has already seen the leaks 100 times?

>It's garbage, not even meming. It's still 'fun' if you turn off your brain and think of it as an anime.
Pretty much what I've done since the last 2 season and really have been trying to do this season.. it's been rocky but damn, the action has really picked up a pace. So action vs plot? If you've been along for the ride this long you're willing to bare through it

Budget.. they had a bear instead

The thing is, many of the weird stuff that happens in the show can be explained with just a scene or two but nine times out of ten it doesn't, so instead it just remains a plot hole. This thing about NK will explain a lot if D&D introduce it in the show at some point, but I'm almost sure they won't and plot holes will still be plot holes. We'll see though.