Jon notices Night King and his generals standing on a ridge

>Jon notices Night King and his generals standing on a ridge
>Dany clearly has a view of the entire battlefield
>Dragons aren't told to attack the night king
>Jon doesn't beckon or even tell Dany to have the dragons attack the night king

really sparks the circuits

Dragons and Ice king are both magic, how is it possible they could affect one another?

He just walked through dragon fire (a substance so hot it melts grown men into literal ash puddles) and it cooled at his feet. Dragon fire doesnt hurt him.

regardless......they didn't know that. why didn't they at least go after him?

There's so much wrong with the writing in this episode that I for one can't even complain about it due to my inability to put everything that happened into words.
I can't even process it, and I'm usually good at suspending my disbelief and I usually criticize faggots who nitpick every plot hole, but this wasn't a matter of plot holes, the entire fucking thing is fever dream nonsense.

I actually laughed when Benjen showed up out of nowhere for no reason and then died a heroic death also for no reason as Jon acted entirely out of character, that was the icing on the cake.

This plan to capture a wight was retarded too. The idea that Tyrion thinks Cersei would help is ridiculous.

It was silly how many cliche "got here just in time" moments there were this episode

night king isn't hurt by fire

benjen just shows up. it's part of his character, shitlord

why were there no giant wights?
does the night king have different armies?
they made an obvious show of there being wight giants in earlier episodes

Magic must defeat magic

Yeah that was an unnecessary death. And why the fuck did John go on rampage when he could hop on the dragon. So random.

The Night King has warg powers, this was all a setup to get the dragons

Im surprised you arnt questioning the fact that they are literally stuck on the island for long enough for Gendry to run all the way back to eastwatch, a raven be sent to dany, and for dany to fly to them all with zero shelter or a source of heat apart from berric and thoro's flaming swords which they specifically said they cant keep lit for long without ruining because they arnt actually magic and instead just lit with a flammable covering. Also the fact that jon is shown to be dragged into freezing water and left under for long enough for 99% of the army to leave and then comes out and doesnt freeze to death.

The entire episode falls apart hard when you give it some thought. This has been the case for awhile but this one was exceptionally bad at that.

dothraki horses did it too, are you saying they're immune to full dragon fire?

this is definitely the worst episode all season, if not one of the worst in the entire show. so fucking retarded that even the dumb action isn't entertaining.

>Gendry

Ever think he was just fast as fuck?
It's a show about magic, you autist.
Gendry's endurance running is the least of the magical artistic license.

Is there a recut of this series where it only shows these ice fuckers? I don't carea bout all the other faggot soap opera bullshit but these guys look cool

Anyone think they did an underwhelming job on the dragon's "turning" by the "Night King" deliberately; to avoid comparisons to WoW and Wrath of the Lich King?

>Kinda weird when you think about it.

And all that was done to prove to Cersei that zombies exist despite the fact she already has one as a body guard

I read that as
>Jon notices Night King and his genitals

As well as Concorde ravens and SR-71 dragons
it's more believable that Bran was watching and sent a raven to Danaerys pretending to be from Eastwatch as soon as he saw how fucked Jon was.

>Why doesn't the team leave Eastwatch on horseback?
>How do Thoros and Berric keep lighting their swords on fire?
>Why don't the White Walkers only send a few wights at a time when everyone is on the island?
>Why don't the White Walkers kill everyone with spears and arrows while they're on the island?
>Everyone is on the island for at most one day, during which Gendry runs to Eastwatch, a Raven flies from Eastwatch to Dragonstone, Dany leaves with her dragons, and then flies all the way to beyond the wall in that same span of time
>instead of getting on the dragon when he can Jon charges the Night King
>Jon survives being submerged in ice cold water being grabbed by undead wights with no need to breathe
>Benjen somehow arrives out of nowhere but can't also ride the horse with Jon
>Jon somehow doesn't die of hypothermia on the ride back to Eastwatch

this is ignoring how one lance kills a dragon (white walker magic bullshit?), and why one wight conveniently stayed alive (if one that was raised by another walker is in every group, they can always report back if the main walker dies)

but really trying to fill in the blanks for this show is pointless because it's just bad fanfiction

>It's a show about magic
this is such a terrible excuse that im starting to think that everyone uses it is baiting. Dragons, zombies, and magic is fantasy. Inconsistent time skips, Arya surviving 6 deep stab wounds and being able to run from and fight off the waif while being 100% fine afterwards, and Euron's invisibility drives and photon torpedoes are all just flat out retarded.

Just because magic exists in the show doesnt mean that everything can just happen without explanation. If someone were to fly in on an apache helicopter and start mowing down wights it would still be completely fucking retarded even if the rules of fantasy (there are none) allow it.

>sending someone who has never seen snow back to eastwatch by himself in the middle of a blizzard

yeah okay

Jon is a fire wight, high resistance to cold

what a miserable cunt to complain about this episode. it was excellent to see real character interaction again

All northerners are granted high resistance to cold.

>Get surrounded by wights, and a white walker leading them
>Kill the white walker
>All of the wights, EXCEPT ONE, immediately die

Gee, how convenient.

>WELL MAGIC ISN'T REAL SO THE ENTIRE SHOW DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY SENSE NOW.

>Why don't the white walkers only send a few wights at a time when everyone is on the island?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if stalling it out and waiting for the dragons was the Night King's plan the whole time. That's the only way it makes sense to me. If he can throw a spear made of ice 100s of feet into the air with enough force to kill a dragon, he probably knows what's going on. The entire episode really was just ridiculous though.

well, the night king has greensight like bran. that's why he can perceive bran spying on him and was able to leave his mark on bran. but he's also got a fuckton more experience due to being an old cunt so maybe he saw the dragons in one of his green dreams and saw is clearly enough to know when and where it would happen and could plan accordingly.

yeah dude that irrelevant inconsequential banter really saved this episode. lmao.

can't imagine how much of a sad dumb cunt you'd have to be to get mad someone doesn't like your children's show.

If you truly believe the Wight is to convince Cersei you are retarded. It's to prove she doesn't give a shit about Westeros, only herself.

She will ultimately try to use it to her advantage and will be seen doing so, hence losing the faith of anyone around her.

Gimp.

i loved this episode. the series jumped the shark so long ago and has been purely fan service this entire season. we may as well get more charming and entertaining fan service if that's what they're offering at this point. the fellowship of westeros is pretty hilarious. and their ridiculous mission, i loved it. it beats the previous episodes and is no more ridiculous than jaime being plunged down into a lake somehow to survive. and the cinematography was really nice this episode. that's definitely the best aspect of the series at this point

BANE DID NOTHING WRONG

>Jon acted entirely out of character
Whoa?
really?

After being drowned by wights and rescued by the uncle he adored and followed to the Nights watch?

Yeah out of character would make sense you homme

Kick him in the ice cubes

They were at sanctuary user...

Jon just got out of a frigid lake (miraculously where he left his sword), and staggers to certain death when the whitewalkers take notice.....but alas, his uncle is given license to ride dirty and sacrifice himself.

you're giving the writers way too much credit. ever since they ran out of material from the books the show has been absolute garbage, and it's down to the writing.

>86665941
Lad, you can't just make up the rules because you cant understand the other ones lol

show has gone to shit.

The greatest comment to ever be posted

Fucking KEK

>yumogweygwyfaigeezao

>being an old cunt
top lel

yeah, whatever, as long as you acknowledge that it's just dumb mindless action and nothing special like other cunts do. it's fine to like it but it's genuinely annoying when people act like its anything but a butchered version of what we had before.

Lad, writers are baiting you to thinking they're making it up as they go along.

Prepare yourself for a good ol' shock next season

Not only this but
>gendry witnesses the walker being taken out and knows what that means
>doesn't bother to include it in the raven

the only thing that could shock me now is if the writing manages to become even worse than it is now.

>Jon acted entirely out of character
>did the exact same thing at the BotB

>Goes for the dragon in flight instead of the dragon on the ground next to him, just to prove he can

No he doesn't, retard. Kys and stop posting this stupid fucking theory.

All hail Stannis Baratheon, the one true king.

i don't get it

He was going after the night King to save the dragon. He saw him lining up the shot, shouted go and tried to fight to him.

Yeah this is the most retarded part. She won't give a shit about the zombie threat, everyone in the world could die an she wouldn't care as lone long as she sits on the throne. She will just try to use the situation to backstab mother of burgers and the midget. It is out of character for Tirion to suggest such a plan, he knows his sister.

i'm almost completely certain that all greenseers also have the ability to warg. and the night king definitely does have greensight.

Just go and suck that fat bastard's balls if you adore him so much

Undead cant reach them in the sanctuary silly, this show went into full Dungeons and Dragons fanfiction mode

wights are controlled by who resurrected them so maybe NK was planning this from the start?

> let's risk everything on a suicide mission to capture a wight so we can convince my sister who doesn't care about anyone but herself to send her few irrelevant soldiers to help fight the infinite number of undead, it's totally worth losing a dragon over this, surely the lanister forces are worth more than a dragon

We've seen one other greenseer and he didn't have that ability. We've seen one other warg and he wasn't a greenseer. Where are you pulling this shit from?

Hi Cenk

I'll like the show for whatever reasons I like and unironically think it's good and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it except remain a perma virgin who spews hate on the internet with no one to care until the day you die alone, friendless, wifeless, forgotten, while everyone else you knew moves on with their happy lives.

>hating the show for being shit must mean he's a GRRM fanboy
ive only read one book. i preferred the show, pre-season 5. sorry you're mad at opinions on the internet!
lol nice projecting little madbro

Removing the horde surrounding Jon and his comrades, was the priority. As you saw, even with 3 dragons concentrated on the horde, Jon and the gang were still being set upon by wights.
Also, with Drogon landing, it would be bad if he was swarmed by wights himself. So they other two dragons were helping Drogon remain safe while everyone mounted up.

There's no reason in the immediate moment to attack the Night King. As it's their priority to escape as soon as possible.

it's true. like part ways through I just started talking about myself. wife left me recently so this stupid fucking fantasy show is one of the few things in my life i have to look forward to. no matter how retarded it gets. I'm have tears literally falling down my cheeks as I write this. She used to hate that I posted on Sup Forums. always bitched that I spent too much time soaking up the negativity here. Oh well. She's gone and here I remain.

She always warned me I would miss her when she's gone. always threatened to leave but I never believed her. we were together 14 years. i just figured she was always full of shit, until she found someone else. i should just fucking kill myself.

Yea might as well copied the whole thing 1:1 as it was a 10/10 cinematic

>this stupid fucking fantasy show is one of the few things in my life i have to look forward to
just end yourself and stop the suffering
write a good suicide letter blaming everyone and the live stream you becoming an hero

>Oh look it's that exact thread we're had 4 days ago

Fucking normie.

>they casted safe space and microagression to keep the horde away

there are far more people with warg abilities than there are with greensight. and it's suggest that nearly all people with greensight can warg. maybe jojen is one of the few that isn't capable of warging, but bloodraven and bran are capable of both.

the prerequisite for a human being able to either warg or have green dreams is to be descended from the first men, which the free folk and northerners are.

the night king is not descended from the first men but is/was a first man himself, and he lived alongside the children of the forest, who were the original greenseers. he should and likely does have both abilities.

Then why did he fight on the ground like a faggot while kelly c was waiting for him?

WHY DID YOU FIGHT WITHOUT REASON JON SNU

They could have fled, get on the dragon and fleeeeeee

the only thing stopping me from killing myself is the thought of oblivion. I highly doubt there's an afterlife, so I don't like the idea of nothingness. If there was a guaranteed afterlife, I would have killed myself long ago. literally no one would want to live as fucking wageslaves who just exist to pay bills, if there was 100% proof of an afterlife.

It's definitely the worst episode the show has ever done.

how old are you friend?

You should devote yourself to esotericism, just start exploring the occult for spooky, try to find meaning and shiiet

>Then why did he fight on the ground like a faggot while kelly c was waiting for him?
Because even with three dragons assisting them, Jon and the gang were still being set upon by wights. He fought off the wights to make sure his friends could mount Drogon undisturbed. But by the time he was the last man standing, he was already in the mix of a fight, and then then Night King chucks that javelin. At which point, he figured the 30 seconds or so it might take him to run back to Drogon was too much of a risk to the dragons. So he told her to leave without him.

36. what do you mean exploring the occult? like ghosts and magic and shit?

Next episode Jon goes "So that's it, huh? I guess we're some sort of Song of Ice and Fire."

I unironically think that the wow cinematic was better than all the night king stuff in the episode. And I never even played that game.

You're reaching way too far.

>Let's go on a wild-goose chase to grab one wright out of the hundreds of thousands storming into Westeros
>Run into a small group, conveniently decimate all but one by killing the leader
>Run onto a frozen lake that immediately breaks, despite being in the perpetual, frozen tundra
>Fuck me if that lake wouldn't have been rock hard
>Undead don't simply pile themselves over to reach to the center of the lake
>Lake refreezes over and is capable of having an entire battle on it now
>Cedric-or-whats-his-face is able to run back, send a raven, and have Dany fly back before whatever meager supplies they brought run out, nevermind the fact majority of them don't freeze to death
>Plot armor is so strong that the red-head wildling survives certain death
>The fact any of them survive otherwise certain death is beyond me
>Jon falls into a lake, crawls out, rides back on horseback, is nothing short of a miracle, whether intended or not
>And to top it all off, they're still pushing that fucking incest relationship

Watching this show was the only way to connect with my dad. Otherwise, it's pretty much dead to me--fucking normies ruining everything.

>coldhands

Gendry skipped leg day for like 4 years because he was rowing. He must have shit lower body strength. I'm suprised ha can run at all.

Not everyone plays your dumb videogames for kids. Ice zombies have been done before.

That doesn't make sense though--people become wrights when they've been bitten/wounded and die. If that was the case, who knows how many wrights they killed by killing just that ONE Whitewalker, if we're following the rules of proxy.

>Night King has a clear shot at a stationary target with literally 100% of the people who both know he exists and has the power to stop him riding on its back
>if he kills Drogon then everybody riding him is fucking toast to the 90000 wights still running around
>nah fuck that; I'll shoot the dragon flying like 300 feet away instead
>and then even though they all sit there for another 5 minutes I won't throw anothe rone of my immediately accesible javelins until it takes off and can dodge my throw mid-air
>because I want the show to keep going

Fucking shit. Everything involving Arya was trash too. How can Season 1 have been so fucking amazing and now we have this pig slop?

Is episode 7 gonna get leaked like 6 or what?

I still think Arya still has an angle, but.....
>Trained assassin and mimic, can tell people's motives just by looking at them
>Immediately doesn't trust Baehlish
>Sneak into his room
>Find a piece of paper she KNOWS he asked for
>Logically, you would think he's trying to cause a rift between you and your sister, causing her to become more reliant on Baehlish
>NAH I'M GOING TO CONFRONT HER TWICE AND SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF HER AND MAKE HER OVER-REACT

Really hoping Arya knows what she's doing and has an ace up her sleeve

Oh, and this is besides the fact.....
>Let's go capture one wright to show as proof to Cersi
>"Lol, I have one too--I use it as a bodyguard."

Maybe she'll kill Littlefinger, wear his face, and tell her Sansa the next step in her master plan

You're a little finger

Teleporters going crazy. This is some start trek shit.

Maybe Gendry should have started the trek earlier.

underrated post

dothraki horses are immune to bad special effects

>Season 1
>amazing

You should try watching it again, it's a fucking cringefest.