ITT: Post your favorite movie and get roasted by other anons who think that their taste in films is better than yours

ITT: Post your favorite movie and get roasted by other anons who think that their taste in films is better than yours.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RESPECT THE COCK

Lol thats you're favorite movie? It's not even in my top 3.

OMG frogs! so RANDOM lol....

But this isn't even PTA's best. And I don't have a "favorite", it's impossible to choose. And of course there exists no such film that is better than all other films. There are simply too many worthwhile directors with too many worthwhile films for such distinctions to be allowed.

>he literally didn't get it
It's biblical, you moron.

I do love Magnolia, it's not my favorite PTA flick but holy shit do I love it

Haha, that movie isn't even good. What the fuck. What the FUCK ARE YOU DOING, user? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

I like No Country for Old Men

>muh biblical references
>muh 8:2
>it's really deep because it references the BIBLE

Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia is objectively the best movie I have ever seen. Just don't watch the trailer first, it spoils a lot.

>it's not deep because I can claim to discredit an entire film in one low-effort shitpost
Good job, pleb. Come back with an actual argument.

I think we can all agree on this, Sup Forums.

PTA ain't got shit on Joss Whedon. Keep your trash taste to yourself, Magnoliaturd. Firefly reboot when?

too long
too many characters/ plots
>In an interview with Marc Maron in January of 2015, Paul Thomas Anderson was asked if he had the opportunity to re-cut the film. He replied, "I'd slice that thing down. It's way too fucking long. It's unmerciful how long it is." He added that "maybe a few" trajectories in the film's plot lines could've been eliminated.
As for these clever, deep biblical references that you seem to enjoy, here's how they ended up in the film,
>Paul Thomas Anderson has said that he was unaware that the story of frogs falling from the sky is in the Bible (he took it from Charles Fort's writing) when he wrote the screenplay. The Bible story of the plague of frogs was brought to his attention by Henry Gibson prior to filming. After he became aware of the story, Anderson worked references to Exodus 8:2 into the movie.
kek, he didn't even know he was being biblical when he did the frog thing, and the rest was literally an afterthought. Besides, biblical imagery is played out at this point and not very deep in the first place.

KEK PTA pleb filtered himself with his own brilliance, and your low IQ having ass was just collateral damage, you shit taste tard

>he asks me to provide an actual argument
>I do
>he responds with nigger-tier, almost incoherent rage
>utterly unable to defend the film he claims to enjoy
>calls others "pleb" and "shit taste"
Stay mad you fucking retard faggot

I have thought it over a lot, and it was a very difficult decision for me to pick something so recent since I am generally such a fan of 1970s cinema, but this honestly is my single favorite film of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8

you got btfo fag, your favorite film is shit and you have awful taste

KEK, you retards think I'm OP? KYS yourselves, you flicktards. This here's a KINO thread, go watch Twilight and GoT and let the grownups talk.

All of you low-tier shilled plebians btfo'd.
This is the greatest film of all time bar none. You faggots couldn't hope to compete.

LOL amerifarts arguing about Disney cartoons

there's nothing good in this movie except Tom Cruise. Literally nothing. Everything else is garbage.

>think
know*
no
reddit
trash
trash/reddit
reddit

ONEEEEEEEEEEEEE IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER THAT YOU'LL EVER DOOOOO

Hello Hack Snyder has deposited 50 centavos into your account have a good day

no bully pls

Plz go, only racists and pedophiles reply to multiple posts at once.

Confirmed hipster. who thinks everyone's taste is trash. Probably an art school drop-out.

Have you ever heard about the death of the author?

>Implying he's high functioning enough or old enough to even get into an art school

>>In an interview with Marc Maron in January of 2015, Paul Thomas Anderson was asked if he had the opportunity to re-cut the film. He replied, "I'd slice that thing down. It's way too fucking long. It's unmerciful how long it is." He added that "maybe a few" trajectories in the film's plot lines could've been eliminated.
he talks like a 15 yo american

But he was eating a toast sandwich and getting raped by a Muslim, so he's sort of British too.

Just because some guy argued something in an essay doesn't mean he's correct. In fact, I think he's wrong. It is obviously important to consider the intentions of the author when they created their work, this is pretty vital for understanding themes and imagery. Why should you treat a movie as entirely separate from it's creator(s), when it clearly isn't? It is something that was created in a very deliberate manner by a person, and therefore this person's intentions should be taken into account at least from time to time while analyzing the work.