What did your country do during World War II?

What did your country do during World War II?

Won it.

nothing then declare war against germany after it ended

kill the jews

Eat Italian and German bombs and got a cross for it.

We were assigned the retards' job: Italy.

Ate*

Nazi puppet state.

kek

Heroic defence against s*avs

Cry

Gorilla warfare while being occupied.

realised the british didn't really give the slightest fuck about us, had japs running through our external territories and dropping bombs on our cities and had to beg the Big Strong Americans to save us
we were the only nation in the region to not get overrun though and stemmed their advance in New Guinea, so that's something to be proud of I guess

Cripple german autism by being bad

>realised the british didn't really give the slightest fuck about us

What the fuck do you want, we were fighting in Burma and most of our resources were dedicated to Europe where the fighting was worst.

not giving up in singapore and not chucking a hissy fit when we pulled troops out of north africa to defend against Japanese literally on our door step

fucking idiot
the japs never planned an invasion
they were going to stop at new guinea

to add to this, it wasn't a sentiment that had sprung up out of nowhere. it started in WW1 when Australian nationalism first started to develop and WW2 just confirmed what people were already thinking about whether or not we really needed Britain. if war hadn't broken out and if Singapore didn't fall it would have been entirely possible that we wouldn't have shifted allegiances towards America

I know that they weren't going to carry through, but New Guinea was our territory at the time and if it fell Australia would have been cut off. that was the Japanese plan and it didn't eventuate
you'll note I made no mention of an invasion of Australia

we were doing our best

The Australians have an extremely large and undeserved chip on their shoulder, you should know this by now.

We were playing with the USA with Germany and Italy

you actually provided a couple ground troops into mainland europe
more than most of the world can say
you did more than france did to capitulate italy and they're right next to it

weren't you sort of responsible for them?

We were running on fumes at that point already. Sadly in the real world, resources aren't unlimited.

We move ships from one ocean to the other... Kinda.

>Win the war
>Go back to living in the Soviet union
>Get to think back of the glorious sacrifices you made while freezing your ass off standing in line to get a piece of bread

Because that’s totally how it worked...

saving the free world from getting nuked by the nazis.

What did I get wrong?