Is western animation dead?

Is western animation dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6CPq0H8IU
youtu.be/dDMQ3tXNKgM
youtu.be/JPQZxvzbydM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>comparing tv show to a movie

Nope. But it's a terrible year for western animation.

It's not really a fair comparison, as the appeals of each show, (or maybe the above is a movie, you dumb ass), are extremely different, as there's never been a truly popular western animation that's appealed to adults without being comedic.

>comparing a movie budget to a TV budget

this is like those faggots who post the Fleischer superman/Popeye cartoons not realizing those were high budget clips made to be shown before theatrical releases.

Post a fucking Love Live animation test, I dare ya

>Is western animation dead?
You mean US animation?
youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6CPq0H8IU

The movie has a smaller budget than a Rick and Morty episode

Wakfu season 3 when
Code gayass season 3 when

Meanwhile the Japs can't CGI for fucking shit.

It's also terrible for Japanese animation.

Japanese animation is a shithole full of talentless hacks and underpaid monkeys

>no Disney
>no Pixar
What will even win the Oscar?

when is it not a terrible year for anime? 2009?

The last good anime was 22 years ago

>The movie has a smaller budget than a Rick and Morty episode
But not the same production time you idiot

The Boy and the Beast was good but the ending was remarkably unsatisfying.

Dreamworks

Uh sweetie, K-on exists

Yeah, sadly it does

Yozakura Quartet is a TV-Show, has a much lower production budget yet is much better in quality than Rick and Morty animation wise.

Refute this.

>this is like those faggots who post the Fleischer superman/Popeye cartoons not realizing those were high budget clips made to be shown before theatrical releases.
>youtu.be/dDMQ3tXNKgM
almost every shit spouting retard you see here is the direct product of these kind of channels(I would call them pretentious video essay hacks). Just like autists complaining about shaky cam and jackie chan, those channels only make online film discussion more cancerous than it already is and pollute the collective consciousness with their hackness. Learn who they are and ignore the tards

Maybe it's finally time for Japan. In this Corner of the World could win.

I will reiterate that user for you as your reading comprehension is non-existent.

BUT NOT THE SAME PRODUCTION TIME YOU IDIOT

How did that do for you? big letters, did you understand them now?

You're cherry picking something from several years ago, incidentally a show that had dogshit writing

That argument doesn't even fly when Ballroom e Youkoso is currently airing with a fraction of the budget of Rick and Morty, with a shorter production time and vastly superior animation.

>CGI for fucking shit.
That's not really accurate. Kingslaive does look technically at least impressive at times, and they really are the only ones doing the photorealistic style without mixing it with live-action.

Bruh... I mean, it's not the best screenshot, but you're talking out of your ass.
Also Appleseed.

But Rick and Morty is airing right now?

>Rokurokubi the animation

Unlike Rick and Morty, the pinnacle of writing.

It died when walt died

In what sense? Coco comes out in 2017, as well as Cars 3. I imagine only one of those is a serious Oscar contender.

>Ballroom e Youkoso
idk what that is, and I'm not a massive amine fan, but what I have watched in anime, especially recent anime, is still screens galore, with a lot of them just their mouth moving.
i watched two episodes of attack on titan and it was like that.

Are you retarded? How does it have a smaller production time? Yozakura Quartet was drawn weekly.

what is the functionality of those boobies?

That's because japs will literally draw and animated for peanuts and never complain.

While in the US if you want to work in the industry you have to live either in the bay area or LA where the rent keeps steadily increasing while the animation industry doesn't have entry level jobs and instead only has internships.

It's just not cost-effective to have elaborately drawn shows.

Breast feed other cyborgs

Lastman was pretty good

I'm more concerned why she structurally failed at two completely different points simultaneously

>Kingslaive
more like it is artistic values.
You can't just monets paintings to piccasos, same way you can't judge one style of animation to another.
the only way imo you can differentiate in quality, is intent.
If one style, say disney for example, was made by monkey like animators, intentionally made just to make money, it automatically loses it's artistic merits,in comparison to old manga, which were made as a labour of love.

Shot composition over realistic representation

I really liked this scene. Too bad I had no fucking idea what was happening in the movie at this point.

1995 wasnt that hard to follow. Innocence on the other hand was the equivalent of matrix 2 and 3. He kinda dropped the ball on that one.

How would a cyborg tearing both it's arms out of the sockets while on top of a giant spider tank be more realistically represented?

I think Coco is the only real contender.

I really hate people like you. Why do you always think that when a fictional element is introduced logic and laws of physics no longer apply?

Probably having her snap both her arms instead of an arm and the opposite leg, if you think about it it doesnt really make much sense.

She was ripping off the tanks plating to destroy it's engine as it was trying to destroy the AI that was in a body. The AI was showing her the nature of her ghost.
it was clearly a means for the story/director to show you that she didn't care about her body, or see it as her body, as much as she cared about knowing the nature of her ghost.

the film a has deeper philosophical meaning that just a generic cyperpunk story.

Shame they never made a direct sequel to the story, so we never got to see what she learnt.

>literal fag that has no idea how anime production times are
Rick and Morty even has a higher production time you cuck.

okay, now compare iron giant, sinbad, the entire ATLA series, cool world, and countless more to the unending cascade of moe shit and literal dime-a-dozen hentai and slice of life shows in japan

>B-BUT THAT'S CHERRYPICKING

wow, so is this dogshit post, what a coincidence

Fancy that, you don't have an answer.

>an episode has a higher production time to an entire movie

sure faggot, sure

Okay, I thought that was implied and could be been left unsaid.

>Yozakura Quartet is a movie
Shut the fuck up and follow the post chains or stop responding.

Someone should post some Berserk webms.

The answer is pretty easy- have her fail at the weakest link, not at two random places.

The simplified stick figure thing gets old fast. The only thing it's acceptable in is south park. Rick and morty and stalin looks like shit. Even good shows like the life and times of tim are let down by their animation/art style.

I was pretty disappointed in the second movie. I wonder what he was thinking when he made it

The fucking CGI japs make is the worst shit in the universe.

cash grab probably, but GitS has a massive backlog and to my knowledge are/is not specifically a series of manga but rather individual stories set in the same universe.

Still wasn't as bad as the live action movie with scarjew

Well the Berserk anime blew everything out of fucking proportions of how bad CGI can be. It's even worse than the Chars Counterattack Site CG.

Oh well, I got that, but I didn't understand that context for it.

>jap CGI is bad
Gantz O begs to differ

>video game: the movie
Although the rip I watched was pretty terrible, but Kingslaive looked much better, and that was still only barely watchable.

To be fair the Berserk CG anime was a huge production mess so that wasn't about a lack of skill.

Now a shot of the shitty taiwanese studio Japan outsources to please

Look closer, both her arms AND a leg get's fucked.
It's 3 different places :^)

I wouldn't even care this much if it wasn't Berserk. I mean the manga is drawn beautifully with a lot of attention to detail. And then they greenlit something like this.

>but GitS has a massive backlog and to my knowledge are/is not specifically a series of manga but rather individual stories set in the same universe.
Every series (movies, anime, manga, arise prequel) is a different story in the same setting, kinda like alternate realities. It makes sense since everyone has a different idea of what gits is about. That said, im pretty sure innocence was supposed to be a sequel to the first 1995 film. It was really pretty to look at but boy if it was a step down. Still better than the "prequels" and the scarjo one for sure though.

Innocence is a direct sequel to the 1995 movie but it's a bit confusing as the visual style is different

>iron giant
>sinbad
>the entire ATLA
ended nearly 10 years ago

I wuld have liked a sequel to the original film.
I watched it when i was young and it remains one of my favourite filme. I watched innicence within the last few years, and while as user said, it is a direct sequel, we still never get to k now what major learnt, what she become and what happened when she merged with the AI.
The ending of the original film is a bit of a let down.

>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
>Cash grab
If it was a cash grab the Major would be the protagonist

how did they get away with this?

Yamato anime and remake on the other hand was kino.

>chicken scraps budget plus a studio that literally has not animated before
cause Miura is a hack and approved this. he obviously doesn't give a fuck about berserk anymore

>people are forgetting what else came out of adult swim and western animation this year

youtu.be/JPQZxvzbydM

Western animation has had one of its best years in a while

Simpsons and Family Guy really killed any western animation

Ya

There isn't any. You didn't watch the movie.

First episodes were actually kino, no one was able to find any complaints about them even in Sup Forums threads

as impressive as this looks, I always cant help but wonder why she didn't just break her fingers.

I doubt he had a say in it. Normally, the publisher makes those kind of decisions. If you're at WSJ there's a good chance you're getting Toei as studio. Nothing the author can do about it.

it turned to shit so people forgot

There's loads of TV anime that have animation of that level or higher. The quality gap between American and Japanese animation is insurmountable.

You people say this every year. And it's not because there's something wrong with what the industry is doing.

It's the best animation in the world, and they may be underpaid but I doubt the Korean contractors that make virtually all US animation are paid a king's ransom either.

>still screens galore, with a lot of them just their mouth moving
Myth.

"Moeshit" and "slice of life" do not mean bad animation and it's a myth that they do. Hentai is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about.

OP's image is cherry picking but it's still essentially correct.

Yes, it's been that way for decades. All the west does now is Japify it's own shit or sends in the singing animals for a tired chorus every 15 minutes. Gay.

Shitty simple animation is not impressive

Seems good to me.

>Koe no Katachi

None of them are flash animated or use stock 'blocks'. So, no.

This is some awful choreography

NO YOU.

someone post the berserk CGI clips

>OMG THE DRAWING STYLE I DON'T LIKE IS INFERIOR TO THE DRAWING STYLE I LIKE

kys pleb, not everything needs to be drawn by autistic virgin gooks

Are you actually pretending like those two examples are even remotely on the same level of quality?

France is single handedly keeping western animation alive.

>Hi Sup Forums, I'm an anime-loving weeb who lives off hot pockets and lives with my mom
This is literally you, OP
All Japanese culture references should be purged from this site desu fampai