Hey Sup Forums, first time posting and I'm drunk as shit. Watching 'Watchmen' on Netflix. At the very start...

Hey Sup Forums, first time posting and I'm drunk as shit. Watching 'Watchmen' on Netflix. At the very start. How was Ozymandias, whose '''''power''''' was 'being smart' able to outfight the Comedian, who's entire shtick was being great at fighting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jIXYM5C9YCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qY0cMquAr04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Terrible film don't waste your time.

I've watched it like three times mate. And read the graphic novel as well. I enjoyed it desu, but then again, like Sup Forums and Sup Forums, I don't think Sup Forums actually ENJOYS anything, they just enjoy shitting on everything.

because Ozy is better than him at fighting? it's that simple

But it's literally shown, explained or even hinted at that Ozy is a decent fighter. He's a strategist, not a hand-to-hand combatant. Even if the Comedian was drunk, he should still have an edge. A random dude who was sober would still get destroyed by a drunk Conor McGregor.

literally never*

if ozy can beat rorschach and owl at the same time he can make pudding out of the comedian

I suppose so. But you'd think they'd do SOMETHING to establish Ozy as a decent fighter, rather than just a guy who releases a line of toys and is pretty bright. I dunno man, I'm not thinking super good.

ozy is so smart he trained himself to be an amazing fighter like batman, which is part of the whole mocking super hero comics point of it all.

comedian is supposed to be old and drunk at this point, his superpower was great at fighting, but against a guy who is an Olympic level everything young guy he's no going to do well.

this is one of the reasons people don't like the movie, snyder had to cut a lot of character development to fit it all into 1 movie.

the comic shows why it makes sense.

I suppose. I need to re-read the comic, I think. A lot of people did like the movie, didn't they? And I don't mean Sup Forums internet critics, I mean the average moviegoer.

Literally the best capeshit of all time, rivaled only by Spiderman 2, 2008 Hull, and Man of Steel

Shitters will disagree, but this is fact

this, but more like robert downey juniors sherlock

the BBC one isn't much of a fighter

I always liked Downey's predictive fighting scenes. Especially when Moriarty was shown to be able to counter it in the second one.

So was the comic or movie ending better?

>able to outfight the Comedian

I think this video might put your mind at ease OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=jIXYM5C9YCQ

yes and no, fans of the novel didn't like how brief it was with the characters so that sometimes the motivations seemed like a stretch of imagination, and average moviegoers thought it was pretending to have a deeper plot than there actually was.

Ozy is the strongest of them all, he's also capable of manipulating an omnipotent being, so it's clearly being suggested that intelligence is an invincible trait.

comic by some margin, but it wouldn't have actually worked for the movie because it doesn't make sense without the side story of the guy washed up on the beach in the black kids comic book

so moot point

It's probably never adressed correctly in the film, but in the comic, Ozymandias is completely fanatic about building himself from the ground up : he renounces his parents' money, travels the world and becomes an athletic self-made man. He's basically batman with egyptian motives instead of bat motives.

Also he's much younger than the comedian, at least 15 years younger, and there's a big difference between an athlete in his 40s and an athlete in his 60s...

>outfight the Comedian, who's entire shtick was being great at fighting?

Did you even watch the movie? By that time the Comedian was a broken husk of a man.

I wouldn't say Egyptian motives, he takes inspiration from the historical characters he most esteems. First he admires Alexander the Grea but realises that Alexander just inherited the Persian Empire and kept the same systems so he moves on to Rameses the second who was a common stone mason who rose to the top using his wits alone.

>outfight the Comedian, who's entire shtick was being great at fighting?

>There's that brawler fella The Comedian! Remember that time he beat up Muhammad Ali? What a show!

ITT scenes that never happened

In the comic he's an autistic master fitfag
Beside isn't there a 23 year difference between him and the comedian? That'd be like fighting an old drunk Mohamed Ali, sure that'd be difficult, but not if you're in great shape and have the deep knowledge of fighting

Ozymandias also genetically enhances himself in the comic so he has super strength etc

that mean this scene bothered you too? youtube.com/watch?v=qY0cMquAr04

>guy who's probably the fittest man alive
>fight Owl and Rorsarch at the same time and wins
>probably the most intelligent man alive with a goal

vs

>an old drunk viet vet who's way pass his prime and still in shock from Ozy's plans

what a retarded thread, if you literally can't figure this shit out on your own even in your current state you literally have no right to make this post.

What about it?

my only problem was the actor for viedt wasn't handsome

They should have picked a different actor desu, not a malnourished looking twink

Sup Forumscksucker here.
It's never shown but in the book ozy confronts comedian after the "smartest man on the cinder" scene. Ozy insinuates The Comedian killed that guy with the hood and noose who caught The Comedian trying to rape the original silk specter back in the day. All Ozy says in the narration is that the comedian had a fast right hand. It's hinted that The Comedian kicked Ozy's ass. We don't see it in panel because it's Ozy's chapter and that vain fuck isn't going to put that shit out there. Years later Ozy personally ambushed a drunk Comedian, it's actually a sign of respect that Ozy would hold a grudge and get his own hands dirty. Which is all part of "the joke".

best girl?

yeah he was a bit too twink
in the comic he's a fucking chad with an iron jaw
yeah I forgot this, comedian did give ozy the business when they were both in their prime

In the book Ozy says that when he fought the Comedian, (the 1st time) he analyzed his strengths and weaknesses. He's also able to kick both Rorschach and Nite Owl's asses simultaneously. It's because he planned it all from the beginning

I never had a problem with it. There's a line in the movie where they say he is fast enough to catch a bullet, implying he is physically super(ish) human.