Th Simpsons

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_guest_stars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The N Sync episode was funny though

Not really. That was either tenth or eleventh season, which means it was either slightly good, or barely watchable.

ftfy

Nsync epsiode shouldn't be included in the shit list, that episode was actually good.

Too much chuck, not enough sneed.

That Baldwin, Basinger episode is from season 10. It was a poor episode regardless.

They pissed me off so much with 50 Cent cameo because they promoted the fuck out of it with those back to back posters of him and Bart everywhere for days, then he was only in the episode for like fifteen seconds.

dude, where is Sneed

DUDE
SNEED
LMAO

>Forgetting the pinnacle of nu-simpsons
youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw

Sneeded

the celebrity cameos in the vegetarian episode were just as bad as nusimpsons

he literally edited it in on the right side

Remember when Mr.Burns was a mastermind cuthroat businessman instead of a strawman for the right wing.

Classic Simpsons was better in every way, but don't act like they didn't have celebrity guest stars from time to time. Michael Jackson, a ton of different baseball players, Leonard Nimoy, Aerosmith, etc.

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_guest_stars

Bottom right are a dream sequence of Homer's, and done by Homer for money. Do you even watch the show?

When and why did it become all about celebrity cameos - as in that was the entire reason for the episode and the whole plot?

Sadgasm is a good episode though,

But their participation wasn't "Oh look it's Michael Jackson, say your phrase" like the nu Simpsons do

it's not so much the celebrity cameos themselves, more how they're written into the episode

>Looser
What is he loose about?

Or did you mean LOSER? You loser.

This is hilarious as you're mixing in 'classic' Simpsons into the 'bad' side. Since Kid Rock and N'SYNC and Elton John were like series 7?

embarrassing

>series

Fuck off, Brit.

Only because of Lt smash and his superliminal advertising

did you somehow forget that they had michael jackson in the earlier seasons? celebrity cameos is nothing new

Irish, actually.

DUDE SELECTIVE BIAS LMAO

look at Krusty gets Kancelled if you want gratuitous celebrity cameos in classic simpsons
the biggest problem in nu-simpsons has always been the writing

They never should have replaced Chuck.

This is the correct response that shouldn't even need to be uttered. If you're incapable of seeing, for instance, the difference between how Micheal Jackson was portrayed in Stark Raving Dad versus how Lady Gaga was done in Lisa Goes Gaga, then you have no brain. One has a celebrity voice a character that while integral to the plot, the plot does not revolve around them and the plot is not 'LOOK AT THIS CELEBRITY!'.

The closest that this ever came to happening in the classic Simpsons was Two Bad Neighbors with George Bush, but that was played straight and isn't about LOOK AT HOW GREAT GEORGE BUSH IS!

>unironically has a BLACKED episode
wew

The new Simpsons are written by Sneed (Formerly Chuck).
Chuck was a better writer.
Funnier too.

you posted it again
every time it gets funnier

george bush wasn't actually a guest star in that episode though.

Thanks user. I do it for (You).

Borgnine's character was actually funny and worked well with the story. Compare it to the Lady Gaga episode and you'll see how good it is.

Sneed your way out of the thread pls.

Meant for

Charles Barkley got on The Simpsons?

But season 1 is so great too. Add season 1 into your pic related, OP

NSync and Kid Rock episodes were actually cool.

Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger ep was okay.

Those three are not the complete shit the other episodes in that list are. They are pretty early ones too.

They should have Obama guest star. Maybe call the episode "Trump's Confederate States of Russia (Formerly Obama's United States of America)" haha

I won't vouch for Kill the Alligator and Run, but with New Kids on the Blecch and When You Dish Upon a Star, the celebrities were willing to mock themselves and their images. Compare that to the absolute nadir of Simpsons celebrity appearances, Lisa Goes Gaga, in which the entire episode is worshiping Lady Gaga who happily bolsters her own image. Disgraceful!

The truth is The Simpsons are just as good as ever. They didn't change. We changed, too quickly.

>Milpool

Literally never understood this

They actually wrote the celebrites into the episodes though, they didnt write the episodes specifically for the celeberities

My favorite episode of the simpsons is the one where homer hasn't been fucking marge lately so marge sleep walks into barts room and sucks his dick then homer leaves for a business trip and bart ends up fucking a sleeping marge in the living room

>We changed, too quickly.
Kind of like Chuck's store.

>Kind of like Chuck's store.
But what season of The Simpsons would this comedy gold fall under?

If your show lasts for more than a decade then it automatically turns to shit, that's just a general rule.

I'd watch the Chucks

It was Season 11 I think.

MONO?

No we didn't. The jokes used to be well timed and layered. Nowadays it's just reference after reference.

here's the REAL version

>Sneed & Chuck(TM)!

I dunno man, I haven't watched an episode of The Simpsons since 2001 and I find people who have highly suspect.

This probably hurts me the most

Where's Bort?

Even the references used to be cleverer than just "pop music singer of the week."