And you know...

And you know, this is the kind of stuff people are talking about when they act all smug about how you only watch "mainstream" stuff and how you haven't watched any "true cinema." This is why they refuse to tell you about what they watch, because they know how hard you'll laugh when you find out that they're pretending to be all refined for watching something that's just a bunch of pretty pictures. Literally a screensaver presented as art. Really puts into perspective where these people are coming from.

youtube.com/watch?v=rEgjEzB36Lo

documentaries are little about what is shown and more what is spoken
if there isn't any words spoken at all then it isn't a documentary it's a moving arts

Yes, exactly.

Watch those numbers, nazi!

t. capeshit watcher

t. screensaver watcher

So much for the tolerant left.

something doesnt exist in my tiny preconceived notion of what should be on film (capeshit). GOOGOOGAAGAA ME WANT EASY DIGESTIABLE NARRATIVE IVE SEEN 1000 TIMES

>Poster is supposed to show what the world will look like after humanity
>uses an actual current photograph of New Jersey

>New Jersey
>populated with humans

pick one

I was planning to see this this week.

>>Poster is supposed to show what the world will look like after humanity
It's not

This is more of a screensaver than a documentary.

is this the rollercoaster from GTA4 and the warriors?

why is it underwatre

>literally defending screensavers

From Hurricane Sandy I believe

I don't remember a rollercoaster like that in The Warriors.

Feels so intimate like witnessing the Odyssey's monolith, watching an ocean or yourself in a mirror. Transient, important, scary and beautiful - this is homo sapiens. The fact that we can become aware of it, of *US* as species, makes us truly responsible and capable of miracles. Or at least it must. Because what else is there? Decay. Time itself, devoid of life. It is not genius filmmaking - it is genius humanity.

Wish more people explained themselves like this instead of screaming about how "You must like capeshit." I would wager that those people don't actually watch art films either and just get off on arguing.

Is this bait or do you really enjoy flaunting the fact that you have the taste of a 12 year old child when it comes to the arts?

>literally defending a screensaver

Indeed.

Does anyone else find it funny that you tried to call someone a child while posting a picture of a video game?

Looks interesting desu. Human civilization is a joke so it's good that there's something that allows us to see it from a slightly unusual perspecitve.
Still probably not going to see the movie.

Better to watch a Malick movie, at least those actually have plots.

I bet Malick's getting some good filming done today thanks to the solar eclipse. Probably going to be some awesome stuff in whatever film he does after Radagast.

Boo-yah.

look at some pictures of pripyat and detroit

there i saved you having to sit through this shit

Literally play Stalker (or watch the movie I guess) and you can get a more engrossing experience.

I'll never understand why people trash video games while defending this shit.

>literally just a bunch of pretty pictures
How does it feel to be mentally deficient?

Oh look, another non-argument from a screensaver-defender. What a surprise.

Wasn't meant to be an argument, just an assessment of your mental prowess tard kek

I watched this. It was kino.

because instead of asking 'hey why is this good' or 'what is this about' they say things like 'it's just a screensaver'

>tfw to smart for Sup Forums
Have you fgts even seen the Cremaster Cycle? You wouldn't understand.