Sciencefags actually believe this

Sciencefags actually believe this

youtube.com/watch?v=0iJZ_QGMLD0

>time moves slower for you but as soon a you turn around you magically gain two seconds

Yeah right, utter bollocks. Science is all flawed theory and no application.

bump for an actual discussion

the constant velocity part is simple. Once you have to deal with acceleration though the math becomes harder. So people don't bother to explain it. I did proofs for this last semester. It makes sense if you take a relativity class.

Read some book about relativity. You'll see it's pretty logical.

I would need to watch this video 20 times to begin to understand what he's saying.

I don't understand physics so it's a (((conspiracy)))

Also YouTube is a great source of information

Dunning-Kruger in action

twins "paradox" is easy to understand if you understand relativity.

Let's say you got 2 people, one on earth and one in a rocket headed toward Alpha Centauri

The one in the rocket accelerates to 0.9C, then cuts the acceleration and starts to coast. Because he's in space, this drops his kinetic energy to 0 and boosts potential to 100%, meaning, as far as relativity is concerned, he's travelling 0mph and can accelerate to 0.9C again, effectively travelling to Alpha Centauri at 1.8 C.

From Earth, however, it will never appear as if the rocket was travelling over 1C. In fact, it only appeared that the rocket was moving at 0.7C when it accelerated the first time to 0.9C, and after that, it only accelerated to 7.7C when the people on the rocket were moving 1.8C.

No matter how fast they are going in their frame of reference, it took the rocket just over 4.3 light years to reach Alpha Centauri from Earth (because it's about 4.27 light years away), while the people on the rocket, only a few days passed, because they were constantly accelerating from new relative references. Their speed compressed time, in a manner of speaking, so they couldn't "cheat" physics.

Now, travelling at these speeds would require ENORMOUS amounts of energy, as 0 to C literally would require converting ALL mass on board to energy, as C is not so much "the speed of light" but "the speed of energy in mass" as it is described in E=mc^2.

>>you don't believe in science
>>seriously dude it's not the dark ages any more, they whent to school to do this shit I'm pretty sure they know what there talking about
>get out

>/get out*

How do I make the text red? ——

>twins "paradox" is easy to understand if you understand relativity.
So these 9 lines of text explain relativity? I genuinely doubt that. Having tried to learn relativity I came to realize I will never understand the maths required. Doesn't it require tensor analysis?

The "twins" paradox as it's described on Earth -- where one person living on a mountain ages differently than a person living in the valley, can be explained when you understand that speed is not the only thing that can compress time, but gravity (approximation to mass) can as well.

But that's like next-level shit that we can measure, predict, and account for, accurately, but there are definite gaps in our understanding.

>Science is all flawed theory and no application.
literally kill yourself

understanding the equations and being able to calculate the exact amounts of effort and the exact speeds that things move, in relativity to one another, is one thing.

Grasping the basic principle is another.

theories sometimes work and sometimes don't, when they don't you come up with a new theory that accommodates new data.
>no application
fuck you

My Special Relativity class was based on the book by A.P. French. Maybe try that book

I can get the basic idea of time ticking slower for one object when moving relative to another in an infinite and other wise empty space. But that's it.

Thank you user. I'll give that a try someday.

It would take much longer than 4.3 years to reach Alpha Centauri. Factor in Acceleration and Deceleration and the journey could easily take twice as long.

You're assuming this hypothetical FTL ship is operating on conventional rocketry principles. That something is getting pushed out the back in order to make accelerate or decelerate.

If it was instead warping spacetime or travelling though a higher dimension, it would not actually need to accelerate past light speed itself, instead travelling a shorter distance.

What is up with the dude's accent in this video? Why does every science spaz on youtube need to sound like this? And how can he draw so fast?

that's beside the point. The ship would likely not be accelerating to 0.9c at intervals either, and wouldn't be stopping its acceleration to reset its point of reference.

But everything you said is true.

it has to do with the Doppler effect of light, AND you must remember that when moving fast, space appears to flatten. If you don't remember either of those two things, the twins paradox makes no sense.

If time dilation wasn't real then every GPS signal in the world would be wrong, because they are adjusted for time dilation.

Kill yourself actual literal retard.

>time is relative

is there a more bullshit belief in the world?

Mathematically it makes sense and it's proven irl. I think GPS uses this principle.

No, it's bullshit. Light is relative but time is not.

I used to feel the same way. Get prescribed Adderall. You understand everything the first time reading or watching anything. Really changed my life

i read that i can move faster in dark cool conditions because of less heat resistance. Is this true?

>In 1956, the German-American physicist Friedwardt Winterberg[7] proposed a test of general relativity — detecting time slowing in a strong gravitational field using accurate atomic clocks placed in orbit inside artificial satellites.

>Special and general relativity predict that the clocks on the GPS satellites would be seen by the Earth's observers to run 38 microseconds faster per day than the clocks on the Earth. The GPS calculated positions would quickly drift into error, accumulating to 10 kilometers per day. The relativistic time effect of the GPS clocks running faster than the clocks on earth was corrected for in the design of GPS

>The one in the rocket accelerates to 0.9C, then cuts the acceleration and starts to coast.
>Because he's in space, this drops his kinetic energy to 0 and boosts potential to 100%

You're fucking retarded and you're either trolling or have no idea what these terms mean

wtf?
this thread is not created by americans?
since when did british ppl become so dumb?

How does speed effect telemetric divisions in human dna?

Okay. Just a little test: Is the Earth flat?

GPS satellites use relativity and time dilation to solve their equations to give your position to within a meter. the error would be much larger if they didn't control for differences in time between reference frames. you can't be this stupid

>I don't understand the actual calculation behind which I haven't bothered to check anyway) so it must be bullshit.
Einstein btfo by Sup Forums with tis one simple trick.

because different reference frames traveling at different relative velocities have different passage rates of time. time itself isn't what you think it is; it's not some unmodifiable unstoppable linear force but it's rather a measure of causality

Step 1: Synchronize two clocks

Step 2: Send one of them to a fast-moving space station and keep it there for a year

Step 3: Bring it back down and compare with the other clock

Step 4: The clocks now show different times

It's not hard to prove retards, and people did it in the 60s. Every bit of satellite communication has to be time-adjusted to take this into account.

OP seems to have bailed after he created the troll thread. We have been duped into discussing physics for no reason.

it's an NSA datamining scheme to determine how much of the alt-right has the requisite scientific knowledge to "do ~things~"

>disproves scientific facts because he's an idiot
>wants actual discussion

I seriously doubt it. I think that is a common misconception that the majority of Sup Forums users are alt-right. Also it is probable that somebody who understands physics isn't illogical enough for extremism politics whether it be left or right.

I think that's wishful thinking along with a heavy dose of "Everyone's an idiot except me".

it was a joke you dip

You need to spend more time doing research and less time calling people retards.