Why didn't the dragons just burn the Night's King...

Why didn't the dragons just burn the Night's King?! All Jon needed to do was point him out to Danny! They could've saved Westeros right there instead of running off to play backstab politics with Cersei!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qW4AVA0ZqiY
desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/#
youtube.com/watch?v=qQRWfxkCdU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yep that could've been the literal end of the story if those two other dragons were attacking. The show makes no sense anymore and it's all fan-service from now on.

If you're disappointed with the episode, the blame is solely on GRRM
D&D were not hired to write GOT plot from scratch. They were hired to adapt books.
Period.
And here we are, 7 years after they signed on to be the producers, and no books. Just a few "notes" from GRRM. IMO, D&D have done an amazing job bringing the series to life. They didn't sign up for this, but they're charging ahead with a purpose and trying their best to do the show justice. They've produced 7 amazing seasons in 7 years and what has GRRM done? Nothing.
Edit: Someone below mentioned there was a pre-production deal in 2007 that GRRM would have the next book written and the outline for the last one done at this point.
I can get behind them and anything they want to do with the series from this point forward. I understand that it might not be perfect, but it's as good as it ever will be. The fact it's any good at all is a testament to D&D's ability to do it all. GRRM has abandonded his convoluted story and left it up to D&D to tie it up and finish it. They aren't the novelists in this deal. But they want to deliver for the fans. And they're doing their best under terrible circumstances.
Wights with industrial chains
Benjen showing up out of nowhere
Gendry running 20 miles in the snow in one day
Whatever comes next, I'm jumping on board, and putting aside my ASOIAF and GOT world consistency and plot device gripes, to just enjoy the rest of the series.
Edit: Thank you for the golden dragon, kind stranger!

who cares, the guy doesn't give a fuck about dragonfire anyway, he walks through that shit

for the same reason the night kang didnt spear the group
for the same reason they didnt make fire with their fire swurds
for the same reason the eagls didnt...

youtu.be/qW4AVA0ZqiY

>blame the book writer for the television writers' inability to write a competent television episode

>he thinks fire can kill a white walker
Ha ha ha.

Maybe they didn't focus on a couple of faggots far away when their loved ones were attacked by a literal horde of deadly enemies. And after the one dragon got smacked they were too afraid to challenge him because there's no possible way two dragons could fare against a single enemy possessing a spear.

>Why didn't the dragons just burn the Night's King?!

who said that they wouldnt? Thats why jon was being a retard, cause he thought they had their position secured. After the dragon exploded situations changed

>book writer explicitly agrees to write more material for the show to go off of
>7 years later has written literally nothing
>i-it's D&D's fault

STOP THIS MEME IN THE NAME OF YOUR KING

>writers, directors and producers who get paid to write, direct and produce a tv show
>HELP US GURM WE CAN'T INVOKE ANY SENSE OF TIME OR DISTANCE WITHOUT YOU

Whats pissing me off is that it's literally physically impossible for the NK to throw his ice spear with that kind of force.
It takes a big ass ballista to fire with enough force to penetrate a dragon's skin. Even if NK has superhuman strength, throwing a spear with that kind of velocity would tear his arm off or send himself flying.

>TIME OR DISTANCE
wrong franchise for that my friend. You bets not be implying book character don't teleport themselves around the map in a matter of a few chapters

It's magic muthafucka

>have no problem with ice zombies being mind controlled
>has to over analyze the throwing force of a spear

>OP wants to be popular so he shits on Game of Thrones
>Its clear OP never saw Game of Thrones since in S6E5 it's proven that fire do niothing against white walkers (not the zombies but the "generals" and real white walkers)

>100% sure White Walkers are immune to dragon fire

Ok fine chomp his head off then! Nights King is dead problem solved.

Danny doesn't know who the Night King is, or that killing him does anything to the people he's resurrected.

John knows, but has no opportunity to tell her. She wouldn't risk going back after the events of the episode.

I lost it at >edit:

The Night King can clearly one shot dragons with his spear, why would a dragon fly in and try biting him (just to get stabbed and killed)?

Any one of the guys on Drogon with her also could have told her. Beric himself was the one who said if they kill the Night's King the entire army would disperse.

There was a hundred screaming zombies, clashing swords and roaring dragons. That anyone could be heard at all is for the audience's sake.

desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/#

If all two or three dragons hit him at once instead of screwing around burning random wights in the distance they could have got him.

>Why couldn't the eagles just fly the ring to Mordor!

Here we go again. Oh you daft inbred fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=qQRWfxkCdU4

They blew all of their money on CGI and had to hire some low budget writers.

There really isn't too much of a problem with the plot, it's just that everything is super rushed compared to earlier seasons. I predicted this would happen a year and a half ago when they (then) said only two more seasons. It seemed like this should have gone on for four more seasons. We should have had two full seasons through the long night to make the night king seem truly horrifying. At this point they are 'telling' not 'showing' how horrible the night king is, which is sloppy af, art-101. With Jon Snow reminding us in every episode how terrible the night king is. They should have shown it by now. They should have broken past the wall a full season ago to build up the tension for the conclusion. Now they are trying to force it in a scramble.

It's not bad writing as much as it is rushed writing. They could have shown then freezing in the snow for a whole two episodes while the night king watches. It could have been crazy watching people freeze and die slowly, them getting frustrated, etc...but they can't do this, no time.

Some of it is sloppy but I think they just want to wrap up the show. Everyone is just waiting for it to end really. So lots of CGI, lots of hype, not much story. It's kind of like a long marvel movie at this point.

except the whole point was to bring a wight back to KL

Fuck off faggot. In this case the dragons were already within reaching distance of the NK. Not even trying to take him down is just wasting a golden opportunity.

easily one of the strongest reddit arguments i've ever seen

Do y'all really think NK was even remotely threatened by these dragons? He on shoted one and didn't give a fuck that three of them were there

I don't remember, did any character ever confront the lich king directly? I mean in a direct physical confrontation?

Do we have any idea of his strenght?

No they haven't and yes we have a good indication of his strength he can BTFO a dragon like it's nothing

Am I the only one who saw the night king walk through fire? Did I imagine that shit? I think his ice is as strong as fire. Fire can't hurt him.

He lured them there in purpose to kill a dragon and turn it. He had 3 spears ready to go incase he could get all of them.

I wonder how powerful he is in terms of physical strenght. Like will they defeat him phycially or will be there some gimmick like LOTR.

I did as well. I saw the fire splitting apart or just fading.

that's nothing new user.. i swear more than half the shit you retards complain about can be explained by just paying attention

What I don't understand is why the Night King and the the other White Walkers, just stand around for however many days it was. When they could have walked up to the river and froze it instantly. Instead they stood back and watched for days. '

Benoif and Weiss are seriously fucking hacks.

All abilities he's shown so far are leagues above the average white walker, and the average white walker is essentially superhuman. Having him be beaten in a duel, even by le azor ahai chosen one Jon Snow, would be lame

well why didn't they you god damn fucking frog poster redditor cunt?

Yeah they ultimately decided to rush things. Understandable, the series has a shelf life and the writing is on the wall for a lot of events. If they had done a better job with the character arcs and introduced a few others with important plots (actually doing Dorne and Greyjoys justice and adding Stormlands/Aegon "Young Griff") it would have been easy to expand the seasons long enough. But I think a combination of writers, executives, and production costs kept that from being a reality.

>d&d decide to go on a certain direction that grrm probably wouldn't have chosen
now instead of a tv adaptation, we have a show that diverges from the oc at a random point in time.

My time is too precious to spoon-feed you obvious plot points hillbilly. But I'll throw you a bone. It has something to do with a spear.

i doubt he can defend against a full blown fire cataclysm from a dragon or two.

It doesn't make much sense that Valyrian Steel or Dragon Glass/Obsidian, both implied to be very heavily connected to Dragons in the GoT mythos, can kill the Walkers but Dragons can't, but we have seen their immunity to many kinds of fire. So who knows? It seems like a logical inconsistency but we can't be sure.

>implying the mind controlled ice zombies aren't being reanimated with telepathy

next you're gonna say this series is fantasy, not science fiction?

Remember when people thought this show was good where anything can happen to anyone at anytime when noone had plot armor and the characters was just human and if you made to much human mistakes you end up dead

When noone cared about character arks you fucked up you die you play the game right you win

HOW DID WE END UP HERE

Who the fuck were those other guys who died this episode along with Thoros in the north? I only recall 7 people leaving Castle Black, but the party seemed to have grown somehow along the way.

See this would be a decent argument if the NK chose to spear the giant dragon standing right in front of him that was just sitting there completely oblivious to him. Plot points in this show are for retards.

>HOW DID WE END UP HERE

They passed the books in the timeline and everything fell apart because they don't have the backbone of the story to guide them anymore. Now everyone has plot armor because they don't want to introduce any new characters this late in the game and have to build their story up, so they just have the same 10 people doing everything instead.

as soon as the show started becoming really mainstream the popularity made it go to shit. Popular characters got their plot armor, while the only deaths / sufferings happened because it was required by the book.

reminder that he speared the dragon flying over water so it wouldn't burn up

Why didn't the dragon automatically know where the nights king was? They instantly knew where John and friends were.

>and the average white walker is essentially superhuman
faggot, sam literally killed one of them, meera killed one, jon killed like 4 thus far, the bozo from last episode couldn't even sense 10 humans near him lmao. what are you on, redditor?

I'm going to shove a knife up your ass if you don't shut the fuck up.

Spear makes some weird noise like it's a missile being directed by meme magic.

PRAISE HIM! PRAISE THE NIGHT KING NOW!

>as soon as the show started becoming really mainstream
So, from season 1 onward?

You know that everyone here is laughing at what a complete dunce you are right?

NK confirmed for Mary Sue