Hired to adapt books to television series

>Hired to adapt books to television series
>Writer agrees to finish books before series catches up
>Everyone excited. Writer has been scraping by financially his whole life and this could be his big break
>Start producing show
>It's pretty good
>Winning awards left and right
>Things are going well, have a good simpatico going with the writer
>Show explodes in popularity
>Writer becomes extremely wealthy
>Show is catching up to books
>Writer promises he'll finish them soon
>Season ends
>Check on writer
>He's blowing coke off a hooker's ass
>Book not even started
>Fuck
>We have to start writing it ourselves
>We didn't sign up for this
>No idea where to go
>Hire some action film writers
>Accelerate the plot
>Get rid of dialogue
>No more character development
>Whatever, lets wrap this up and make a prequel

I can't hate on D&D anymore. They fucked up when they weren't following ACOK-ADWD religiously but they're left out in the cold now.

The main problem is that he thinks a good book consists of loads of pointless details and dead end character arcs, so they takes ages to finish. Plus he probably can't type properly. 2wpm.

>muh tax policy

not coke... sugar. if he did coke he would not be this fat.

The first three books weren't fluffed with so much bullshit like the last two have been.
My theory is that he never liked writing but had to do it to pay the bills. The book series started to get popular after the second book, shortly before he finished the third.
After the success of the first three books he had enough money to fuck around for awhile which is why it took so fucking long for the next two books to come out. The fourth and fifth books have been fluffed with repetitive thoughts, huge descriptions of food, and erotic fantasies. GRRM hates writing but had that nagging to finish what he started sitting in the back of his head so he satiates it by sitting down and and cranking out some bullshit that doesn't move the plot forward once in awhile.

Now that he's rich as fuck he's going to spend the final years of his life doing what he enjoys and that does not involve writing some books the fans already guessed the ending to. And who can really blame him? He's an old man who just fell into a pile of wealth and only has a few years left to enjoy it before he's too frail to do anything.

Fuck that. Don't give this asshole an out. When you set out to start something, you damn well better follow through and finish it. If you don't, you lose your right to bitch and moan about how your product turned out. This fatass lazy piece of shit doesn't even do his work unless it's under very specific conditions. Such as, he won't work on his book while traveling away from home and only then does it between 12 pm - 5 pm. Fuck that faggot ass cocksucker.
You don't like doing something? Find a more fulfilling position in life. Watch this asshole turn out like Alan Moore and blame the audience for the interpretations, even though they're the reason his stupid cholesterol clogged heart can even stuff another cheeseburger down his fat turkey necked throat.

don't compare him to Alan Moore. Show some class.

Oh no! Please, pardon me! The man who consistently shits on his fanbase is somehow incomparable to a fatass who won't finish his work. How could I have been so blind?

You make it sound like the fat fuck set out to change the world for the better. "Waaaaaaaa why isn't he finishing his fantasy book now!!!". It's just a book, if it doesn't finish the world doesn't get affected at all .

Moore doesnt like the fanbase the movies dragged in. thats a pretty ok point of view, in my book.

A story encompasses your being. It's a reflection of you as a person and the way you wish to portray your dreams and imagination to the world.
To have this fat fuck stop halfway through because he has a little dough is insulting to the minds and creativity to those who came before him and an insult to the intellect of his audience. The world literally does become affected whenever you chose to share your thoughts. A book is no different.

>Plus he probably can't type properly. 2wpm.
He types on some old ass word processor, that crashes all the time.

Alright, that's fair. Watchmen was a fantastical escapade into the mind of an insane autistic madman.

You sound like a needy faggot who exaggerates everything for the sake of attempting to be memorable. It's just a book and if he dies before writing another word. I say good on him because twats like you are never happy

you summed that up pretty damn accurately. what does a decent person like you even do here?

Laugh at Synderfags.

>fat man dies on a pile of wealth without finishing his book series
>you've wasted all of these words for nothing

It is what it is faggot. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it so accept it and move on with your life like the rest of us.

i don't even like the Watchmen movie. its flaw is the same thing that makes it appealing to many non-comic-readers: its just copies the book almost frame by frame.

And yet it still completely misses the point. It's mind boggling.

>Make deal to adapt famous fantasy series
>It's seven books long but only five are done, author is currently working on book six
>That gives us about four or five seasons before we catch up, should be plenty of time
>Talk to author, he's immensely fat and looks like a cross between an evil Santa and a fishing boat captain
>He says book will be finished by 2015 "absolute certainty", and laughs
>Start production on show
>Tell my wife were making the show since she's a big fan of the books and has been reading them for fifteen years
>She asks what will happen when we catch up to the books, tell her author will be finished next book by then
>She stares at me silently for a long time, feel a chill, "You don't know him" she says and walks off
>I hear her muttering something that sounds like "sweet summer child" as she leaves the room
>Wrapped on season two, show is incredibly popular, everything going better than expected
>Writer has been working on new book for three years now, maybe almost done? Try to contact
>Publisher says writer busy on new book and it's "almost done", okay then
>Wrapped on season three, show insanely popular, but were almost caught up to books, most storylines will be finished next season
>Publisher says writer busy on new book, working in seclusion, and it's "almost done"
>Start to feel uneasy, check online to see what he's doing
>Find a youtube of him at a comic con last night, he appears drunk and is stuffing his face with lemoncakes
>He talks for seven hours about the New York Jets and something called 'Wild Cards'
>Find a picture later of him at an afterparty at 2am with his arm around a teenage fan cosplaying as Dany
>Feel like a Grumpkin just walked over my grave
>Realize I'm going to have to write the last two books myself, I've never written anything
>Secretary says HBO is on line one, they want to know how the treatment for seasons four and five is coming
>Remember the look in my wife's eyes, realize it was pity

sure you can, they clearly don't even give a fuck anymore
they want to wrap it up as quickly as possible so they can work on their stupid alt-history show about the Confederates winning the Civil War

I never thought I could feel empathy for dabid

>he doesnt know the wordcount on RR's blog is 3x the first two books combined

moran

HBO begged them and threw money at them to do 10 seasons if they wanted to. There are competent writers in Hollywood that could have kept the general quality of the show even without the fat man's gospel. D&D said no fuck you we don't want to do this anymore. It is 100% their fault the show is nosediving.

I-is dabid gonna be okay?

Moore also has regrets being the one to kick off the 'grimdark,' era in comics with killing joke..he hates that other writers and fans only go for the dark, nihilistic angle..

his works usually have some message of hope in it (watchmen), with the execption of killing joke (which he did not like after writing it)

The Killing Joke was mostly Bolland's baby anyway, wasnt it? Moore just did the nitty gritty of writing his story.

What does he blog about?

>Realize I'm going to have to write the last two books myself, I've never written anything

But both of them have written books. Weiss only has one though. And both have worked on multiple scripts. Not sure why this line is in here.

I feel like it's less about the difficulty of writing the books, and GRRM being frozen by all the popularity and trying to write something adverse to his original intentions to try and seem like he was more brilliant than he actually is.

Some people 100% freeze under pressure. I've seen it in many walks of life.

Weiss has written one thing, fifteen years ago, a book called "Lucky Wander Boy" about "Adam Pennyman and his obsession with and attempts to catalog video games into a book called "The Catalogue of Obsolete Entertainments"."

So I went with "I've never written anything" out of kindness.

>Some people 100% freeze under pressure.
Either that or George martin has no idea how to finish this clusterfuck of a series that he created.

At some point somebody should have told George that he should stop adding more characters and plotlines if he wanted to finish his series.

I wish it was that but it isn't. His time to write each book has grown geometrically even before the show and it's popularity.

>Book one took 18 months to write
>Book two took 2 years to write
>Book three took 2 years to write
>Book four took FIVE YEARS to write
>Book five took SIX YEARS to write
>Book seven he has been working on for SIX YEARS and the only thing he has confirmed finished is 200 pages

Football.

Do people refuse to believe that the ending of the books wasn't spelled out for them despite it being plastered all over the place at the start of the series?

I've just taken the cut plot threads in the later seasons to mean that it's more useless filler bullshit that won't have any meaningful resolution in the books

he owes you nothing, you can't demand a man to create more just because you enjoyed his past creations. Its up to him.

People are mad at him because they can't bring themselves to accept that the TV series is the only definitive ending to the story that we'll ever get

Hahaha how the fuck nigga, what kind of fucking plot is that? Now I understand the Dorne storyline perfectly, holy shit my sides

I would be pretty mad too if i had wasted all that money and time on a unfinished series of books.

What's wrong with the later seasons of GoT, bros? Are they that bad?

Please talk about Wild Cards.

Yeah, what the heck's that anyway? Anyone here read that?

He's said before he likes Wild Talents a lot more than asoiaf. Probably because there's no shadow of better writers in capeshit like there is in fantasy.

>Meet George once at a convention, long before the season HBO started making shit up on the fly.
>Call him a hack.
>Fans all around me getting pissed, fat bitches start to threaten violence and ask me to be removed.
"How does it feel knowing that your about to allow HBO hacks to ruin whatever legacy you have made for yourself?"
>He just laughs it off.

I hope he is eating himself over that comment now that the HBO writers did exactly that.

Dude it's not even a good series. Read some Dragonlance War of the Lance volumes 1-3 then the Test of the Twins 4-6. Lrn 2 fantazie read

they're light on the political intrigue that the first seasons were full of, and they're not introducing major characters in the final chapter IE ""Aegon""

dubs?

Kafka didn't even finish one book.

Nice try, gurm.

are you imitating yourself when the fat fuck dies before the books are finished?

An unfinished, self-contained book is different from a series of novels with several complete books.

It's really good.

>Writer has been scraping by financially his whole life and this could be his big break

He was successful long before the show came out

>he hates that other writers and fans only go for the dark, nihilistic angle

The thing is Moore also claims (depending on his mood) he hasn't really read other comics since like 91. How would he even know what other writers write about?
Oh, yeah. The sycophants that keep telling him that everyone is out to get him.
Moore is a bitter old man, with or without Johnny Depp shitting up From Hell. Fuck, he's not talking to Dave Gibbons cause he didn't come crawling on his knees to thank him for the Watchmen movie money. Insulting Alan Moore isn't really a question of how but when.

Uuhh, Darkstar is NOT a dead end character arc.