*breathes in*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hKfKYpba0dE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>only 101 minutes

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

>you're next and the guest are the only good things hes done
why did they trust him

I was sure looking forward to 20 minutes of Light walking in front of a woman.

how do we watch this without faggitflix

When will they start trying again? Surely someone's unhappy about losing all that money.

>5/10
What I expected. Still gonna watch it though obviously.

Someone will rip it

>passed around in hollywood for about a decade until finally being thrown to netflix since no one wanted it
Probably never, Sup Forums

>we
wait an hour for it to go up on torrents, how is this still a question?

the question is why would we ever watch it

If you don't know the answer to that, you must not know your way around the Internet very well

To make fun of it and generate memes.

>Tsugumi Oba and Takeshi Obata, original Death Note creators, enjoyed the movie and felt it was faithful to their work.

Confirmed for shit

>destroying Death Note with this shit live-action adaptation

they deserve to have their names written down in a notebook

Have I been Bernsteined?

I'm sure this was going to be a series. Now it's a film?

Because IQlets like you beg for shit like this

>dl'ing movies

I seem to remember hearing 6 part series

>destroying Death Note
Go back to tumblr you overweight roastie. This trash was never good

WHAT THE FUCK, who allowed this?

>destroying Death Note
The second half of that show already killed it

that was uncalled for
i'll have you know my iq is 140

Deathnote shit the bed when they all moved in to the skyscraper. The last 1/3 was abysmal.

The first half of the second half was disappointing. The second half of the second half made up for it.

>only 140

>mfw I can't into alot of anime because it's edgy shit like this

Cowboy Bebop is as edgy as I can go.

Death Note isn't even that edgy.

I have internet not powered by a dog on giant wheel, what's your excuse?

i dont need to see a probably bad movie more than once, why would i dl it? streaming >
whats matta? your internet so bad you cant stream without lag?

watch berserk 1997

Streaming is just temporarily downloading

go watch Chihayafuru and smile.

Wait what? I thought it's going to be series. No way they could fit the entire plot in that. Light starts as a schoolboy, then goes to university, then works for the police, etc etc., way too many time. What the fuck?

GOT soundtrack of all anime, how can a whittu piggu encapture the aesthetic of the original?

youtube.com/watch?v=hKfKYpba0dE

>he gets killed by misa misa
you heard it here first

Is Adam Wingard fucked now? That's two misses

Did they seriously name him Light Turner
Come on

>only 140
>t. brainlet

Try moe. I'm saying this unironically.

You don't because I would never use shitflix. Hulu/Amazon prime sure.

Well yeah, it's a shit series to begin with.

>More than one of the reviews complains about whitewashing
>One of them even opens up with it

When are these leftists going to die?

just shut your whore mouth

Anime ja nai.

Adam Wingard is T R A S H

You have to watch the good stuff, like Fooly Cooly.

just according to keikaku

Reminder that Witcher is next

If they complained about light not being asian, did they at least complain about L?

No, they're okay with L, since he's black.

Is anyone surprised? This shit should ahve stayed manga and animu, you simply can't have a faithful adaptation of an anime involving a diary that kills people and giant invisible floating monsters without it turning out shite. It just doesn't work in live action.

It's not even out yet.

>two misses
?

I have. I watched K-On and it was one of the best things I ever saw. Cowboy Bebop and K-On are my two favorite anime series after just watching it this year.

FUCK

doesn't change anything about my statement about it going up an hour later on torrents so ok

What else could they have expected.

>Novel idea
>Absolutely garbage tier cartoon and movies

>American remake
>Copy the garbage tier cartoon and movies too closely to be good, to distinct to please weebs

>Hire a really mediocre (bordering on bad) writer and director to handle it.

it doesn't happen if I look the other way, right? r-right?

Watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I'm a hacker so I get my things from magic

Totally bro
We got time line switched
It was definitely a Netflix series a month ago on the previews
Fucking weird

At least the Witcher will have Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

He also managed to fuck up the incredibly easy not to fuck up Blair Witch remake.

The guy has made one passable movie (The Guest). The rest have been regular bad (You're Next).

I did like this review though;

>Whitewashing is never a purely aesthetic act; it’s always an indication of a deeper rot. In this case, it pointed toward an inability or unwillingness to meaningfully engage with the source material. The only reason to take such a uniquely Japanese story and transplant it to Seattle is to explore how its thorny moral questions might inspire different answers in an American context, so for this retread to all but reduce America to its whiteness indicates an absence of context more than anything else. It’s the most glaring symptom of a film that utterly fails to investigate its premise and wastes a handful of goofy performances and a gluttonous degree of hyper-violence in the service of a total dead end. Why go through all the trouble of setting “Death Note” in America if you’re not going to set it in the real one?

They cast some Jewish dude and a Black guy and it's still White Washing.

should've just used all new characters, Death note in the USA, maybe keep Ryuk.
You're not going to be able to replicate the Japanese characters and all their weird cultural bullshit so toss it out, see: Gantz

It's literally never been a series. But every thread Sup Forums has ever had has had about 5 faggots act all shocked to find out it's a film and not a series despite

They cast one black guy, you stupid fuck.

Regardless, The Guest is REALLY good. You're Next was shit because it had a shit budget. Adam Wingard is obviously talented he just needs to choose his projects better.

I'm shocked because I watched a behind the scenes last month and they said it was a series
Interviews director actors producers
Different time line apparently... but you still seem to be an argumentative faggot regardless

>expecting "objective" reviews after all the bitching about white washing
i thought Sup Forums was smart enough to see through this

Let's not be too hasty. While Death Note looks to be obvious shit, RT has proven to be unreliable. SJW critics have consistently complained about whitewashing when it comes to this movie, so they'll give it a bad score purely based on the 'wrong' race of the actors. Yes, I doubt they understand irony.

It's probably bad but fuck RT.

This guy is hilarious. He finds a way to bitch about Trump in every single review.

I've never seen the anime but I'll watch it just to hear more of that Willem Dafou monster

This didn't happen. You weren't paying attention to what you were watching and filled in the blanks.
Like I said, you're not unique. People have been making the same mistake since it was announced without bothering to actually check

Does black L win?

>What if, instead of killing criminals...
>Light kills SCHOOL BULLIES

Maybe they're pissed because he doesn't, though let's be fair it was complete asshattery that killed L in the original too.

>it's not a series

Well of course you're correct
That in a nutshell is the Mandela effect
Fill in the blanks with what you expect...
Weird anyways when you swear something is something but it's actually something else
For the record it probably would have been better as a series

Could you imagine if they actually adapted it to an American scenario, and some hyper intelligent white kid started slashing the crime rate with a blackapocalypse. That's what the reviewer is asking for, right?

Samurai Champloo

To be fair, L's first kill was just some drunk dudes on the street getting fresh with a girl, however he didn't need Ryuk's goading to do it, FFS he had double digit kills before Ryuk even showed up

my nigga

No, he wants him to kill Drumpf.

I used to think Adam Wingard could do no wrong, but...

>Blair Witch
>Death Note

JUST

Really worried about Godzilla vs Kong now.

Why do creators always do this?

Are they paid off, want to see residuals or offered contracts?

Don't worry
movies like that are always actually directed by producers

>hey lets take an anime that has a great reception because of its mature story
>Okay
>now we dumb down the story to audience and blackwash a main character

Probably getting a cut of the profits.

>are they paid off

Yes.

It's petty to slag off someone else's interpretation of your work when you've given them permission and previously endorsed the deal.
On top of that, there is the financial motivation and probably a contract that says they can't publicly criticise it.

meanwhile

Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt

What's the best animekino series?

>SJWs complain about the whitewashing
>Sup Forums complains about the blackwashing

BOTH
SIDES

If they talk shit about it no one will want to make another adaptation of their work incase they become thorny about it and fans reject it.

no, anytime those two faggot little boys showed up on the screen i got tired

Nip L vs Black L

Nip Light vs Murican Light

Nip Light vs Black L

Murican Light vs Nip L

who wins in these matches?

Mention one (1) movie or series of a well established franchise where a movie or series was made and the main black character was made white.

And I am not counting super-hero bullshit because there is a new one in comics every week. I think even superman was black once so whatever.