/got/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/action-soars-but-acting-plummets-on-game-of-thrones/
youtube.com/watch?v=gfhTnNu5iQA
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ronnel_Arryn_(king)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aaggghhh...

RUN BACK TO WINTERFELL

ILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON A SPIIIKEEEE

ILL FIND THE WHOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEE BY MYSEEEEELF

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/action-soars-but-acting-plummets-on-game-of-thrones/

>They are no longer children, but the actors who portray the Stark brood – Sophie Turner (Sansa), Maisie Williams (Arya), and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran) – still have all the mannered ticks of unconfident kids. For much of the show they have been paired with seasoned thespians – Sansa with Ned, Cersei, Littlefinger; Arya with Tywin, The Hound, Jaqen; Bran with the Osha and the Three-Eyed Raven – but now they face off with one another in tedious, stagey scenes, not helped by pedestrian direction. This is also a creeping problem with the Daenerys/Jon plot line, as neither has a great deal of dramatic weight when not balanced out by Tyrion, Davos, Varys or the other scene-stealing sideshows.

lol btfo

plothole cucks BTFO

ONE KINGGGGGGGGGGGG
SEVEN KINGDOMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

‘Game of Thrones’: Why Jon Snow Is Truly the Worst Character
>1. The story poses him as an underdog, which isn’t the case
The fantasy show is full of underdogs. One of the most obvious is Tyrion Lannister who was born into a rich and powerful family, like Jon Snow, but is a dwarf and therefore has to overcome prejudice. He also has to live with the guilt of knowing his mother died while giving birth to him.

Then there is Jon Snow, who starts off with some angst. He is the bastard son of Ned Stark and his mother figure, Catelyn, doesn’t hide her contempt for him. But other than that, Jon has a loving family. He’s handsome, a skilled warrior, and enjoyed a wealthy upbringing.

The show tried to compare Tyrion to Jon Snow in the beginning. At a dinner, Tyrion advises Jon Snow by saying, “Never forget what you are, wear it like armor. It could never be used to hurt you.” Jon Snow petulantly asks, “What do you know about being a bastard?” and Tyrion answers, “All dwarves are bastards in their father’s eyes.”

Although the comparison might be tempting, it’s a gross misstep. Tyrion has a physical disability and has to work harder to garner respect. Jon Snow can’t inherit from his rich father, but his story has proven that there are many things about his physique and upbringing that work for him rather than against him. The many hardships that he does face often come from his own life choices, like joining the Night’s Watch.

>mfw i started Robert posting

Is this bitch fucking retarded?

IMAGINE NED AND BOBBY WRITTEN BY 2014 D&D

Renly liked it in the End

>When the queen regent returned to the Eyrie she found her son sitting on Visenya's lap asking if he could ride the dragon with Visenya. Visenya afterward bent both knees.

dany

FETCH ME THE BOAAAAAAAAAARSTRETCHER

KINGSLAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEER

FROM THE DUSTY MESA

Reminder that Myrcella is experiencing the Chad Chuck as this very moment.

What is her fucking claim to the throne?

>she is not the next Targaryen in line, that's Jon
>her father was a horrible leader and things were much better under Robert, so the rebellion was clearly a great thing
>she knows nothing about Westeros
>she is impulsive and violent, if it wasn't for Tyrion she would have destroyed King's Landing and killed a bunch of innocents, even more than Cersei
>her track record as leader in Essos is horrible, she leaved a mess behind

She has no claim for the throne, why would anyone support her when she is also a horrible leader.

bobboy I know why you are so fucking angry, stop it, it wont happen not matter how much you want it

F-first for... aaaghhh... k-king Stannis Baratheon... f-first... aaagghhh... first of his name... aaaaghhhh...

THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE IS PREGNANT

>2. He has the entitlement of Joffrey, without the money
King Joffrey Baratheon is still one of the show’s greatest villains. This is because he was a ruthless and entitled child with the world at his feet. By the end of his storyline, every fan was happy to see that he got what was coming to him.

But those same fans might not notice the similarities between Joffrey and Jon Snow. When Jon Snow first makes it to the Night’s Watch he believes he’s better than everyone else and acts like it. Some may argue that he was better, but Jon Snow is rude to the less-skilled men who weren’t raised with a rich family and given proper lessons on things like archery and wielding a sword.

Both characters are rarely told they’re wrong for feeling entitled. Cersei coddles Joffrey until he steps on her toes. When Jon Snow complains about his menial Night’s Watch duties to Lord Commander Jeor Mormont, he responds by telling Jon Snow he’s being groomed for command after just taking his oath to be in the Night’s Watch.

What makes Joffrey and Jon Snow different is that we’re told Jon Snow means well. But his motivation is not that different than Joffrey’s. Both characters want glory and respect.

stop this robertposting shit it's not funny

THE WINTERFELL PLOTLINE IS THE WORST SHIT THIS SHOW HAS EVER PRODUCED EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT IS TERRIBLE ITS EVEN WORSE THAN DORNE AND BRAAVOS I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK

BOW YA SHITS!!!

There is no Lord of Light. Magic comes from dragons being alive and well.
Red priests just don't know and think their powers come from a fire god or something.

Preston "I'm a feminist" Jacobs

THE ONE TRUE KING

no you fucking didnt you dumb weebcuck

>started a garbage meme
>posts animeshit
do yourself and your family a favor and kill yourself

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

She has no claim for the throne, why would anyone support her when she is also a horrible leader. Danyfags are clearly the biggest brainlets, she invaded a land and killed a bunch of people because she is a power hungry lunatical and thinks(erroniously) that she is the rightful queen just because her father(GOT's Hitler) was the king in the past.

HOUSE HOOOAAAAAARRRE IS PREGNANT NED

Okay, since everyone is saying Game of Thrones has turn into an anime .

We need official Power Levels of the characters

[Grinds Teeth]

>3. He doesn’t really stand by his ‘code’
Jon Snow starts off as an understandably naive character. In the book, he is just a young kid and we are introduced to him before he ever leaves the safety of his home.

Along the way we see Jon Snow join the Night’s Watch and take an oath. The oath includes the following conditions: to serve in the Night’s Watch until you die, remain chaste, not own land, wear no crown, and not have children. He breaks a few of these rules and perhaps it’s naive for any fan to believe he wouldn’t.

But the “goodness” that is often tied to Jon Snow is based on his sense of honor and justice. So the fact that he has sex with an enemy and is still able to return to the Night’s Watch is evidence that he can do whatever he wants. Jon Snow has no real code of conduct because none of the rules seem to apply to him, which is another reason why viewers shouldn’t take his struggles seriously.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

BOAR IT IN SILENCE, WHORE

>Worse than Dorne
Really? At least something is actually happening in this storyline

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...............

>4. His storyline is one of the most drawn out of the series
Jon Snow’s arc doesn’t just have a predictability issue, it also has a pacing issue. Over the many seasons his main storyline has been joining the Night’s Watch and discovering the villains (White Walkers), with a goal of ultimately fighting the White Walkers in order to save the world. The arc could certainly be interesting, but the pacing is too drawn out. Multiple characters have wrapped up their storylines in half that time and are still fondly remembered.

If Jon Snow is ultimately the “savior” it’s understandable why the writers would want to pace out his storyline. However, the show might have had more success if they dropped his storyline and later returned to it, like they did with several other characters. There just wasn’t always enough going on in the world of Jon Snow to justify the amount of time Game of Thrones focused on him.

You don't want to post this message

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

MELISANDRE SAVE ME

>is she retarded ?

Will we get a sweet new original song in the finale like last season?

M-MELISANDRE...
WHERE ARE YOU?
AAAAAGGGHHH
SAVE MEEEEE

sorry i can't do more

O N E
K I N G

>5. The ‘mystery’ behind his birth parents is one of the show’s worst-kept secrets
From the very beginning, the identity of Jon Snow’s mother is a mystery. He asks Ned Stark who she is and Ned says he’ll tell him the next time they see each other. We all probably should have known then that their next meeting would never happen.

So it’s understandable why fans have tried to figure out the answer to that question for themselves, coming up with numerous fan theories. The answer was finally given in the Season 6 finale. Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon Snow’s parents. However, this conclusion was one of the most-popular fan theories.

Given that Jon Snow is such a hero archetype, after dying only to predictably come back to life, it doesn’t help that the only mystery behind the character was a predictable one.

The answer to the mystery also gives Jon Snow a possible claim to the throne, proving once again that he never really was an underdog.

Retardedly hot

THE BOOOAAAAARRR IS PREGNANT!

youtube.com/watch?v=gfhTnNu5iQA

K-in-g.. of the... Annndals...Aghh.....and...aggahhh

AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH SHIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FORGIVE ME

Fix it in one sentence.

AAAAAAAAAAAGH BOBBY HELP ME

Lord of Light, I'm Mannis

The entire point is that they kill CIA. The buildup just sucks because we already know it. It's supposed to be le shocker.

>6. He’s just another messiah archetype
Religious texts in general, but specifically the Bible, have been the inspiration for many fictional stories. When the show killed off Jon Snow, there was a chance he was actually gone, but most fans didn’t buy it.

That’s because Jon Snow is a messiah archetype. He is supposedly an underdog and outcast who leaves home to go on a noble mission. He learns about the White Walkers and is therefore the “chosen” savior to take them down. Even his parents are a mystery for the majority of the show, as if he was created through an immaculate conception.

While many fans might not have vocalized why they felt so confident that Jon Snow’s death was just a misdirect, the reason is because his tale is old and widely familiar, inspired by the Biblical messiah.

yes she is

SEVEN WHOOOOOOORES

She's smoking hot

Hold on, uncle Stannis.

GOT shitposters are literally the worst. At least post something funny instead of just spamming shit you fucking faggots.

Pls stop. You're embarrassing yourself

HEEEEEEELP ME NEEEEEEEED

someone post webm with jonerys in cave with the Jew on the wall

Hammer is big, gendry is not

1/10 lrn2meme

GENDRY SAVE ME AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Garbage meme desu.

While that is true.
Gendry probably made it back within a day and the raven was sent the same day.
It's still 1500~2000 miles to Dragonstone.
Ravens aren't fast (I dunno how fast they are in-universe) but it probably took him 2 weeks or so to get there.
And then you get the flight back with Dany sitting on a dragon all the way which means that said dragon can't fly fast either.
They were basically surrounded for a month with, most likely, not enough rations in the freezing cold while the NK was waiting for the dragons to arrive.

>tfw you will never push down on her belly and eat her mung

Literally what does that mean?

You are not my king yet, Boy.

SURROUNDED BY LANNISTERS

>7. He gets a lot of undeserved fan support
Jon Snow has a large fan base because he’s one of the show’s main characters. He also fits perfectly into the “underdog” stereotype, so many people want to root for him, whether that is well deserved or not. But maybe one of the most frustrating things about his character is how he draws the attention away from truly well-written and well-acted characters.

greatest warrior in Westeros and rightful king:

...aaaAAaagh... the Rhoynnnnaaaahhhr... and the f-f-first me-aaaaaaagghhhhh-men... aaaggghhhh... AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH....

Her scenes killed the fucking episode stone dead

yeah, she's probably in her "i'm weird and quircky lol " phase

shut up bob
danny is the only whore you haven fucked on this planet, THE ONLY ONE

and this makes you mad, right?

Lets forbid all whore houses, brother, you need cure

>he's too small

What's he going to do with that tiny hammer?

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ronnel_Arryn_(king)

You've got fat.

WHAT I NEED IS THE FUCKING BREASTPLATE STRETCHER! LANCEL! AND SOME MORE WINE TOO

....AAAAGGHHHHH....LoRd...AGH..OF...th..AAAGGGHHH....

This post is dedicated to Edmure Tully, archer extraordinaire. May he deliver us from Targaryen fucking shits.

Ned, that hurts. Have you no honor?

I hope they ban the robertshitting guy

CAREFUL NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

THIS LIGHT...CAN IT BE..... R+L=J?

subtle i like it

There is nothing to talk about until the next ep, and then these threads will die until next season. Shut up and enjoy/bare with it while it lasts.

Post more

She must be if she actually fell for Littlefinger's fucking espionage 101 plot with that letter. I hope she dies, she is getting on my nerves with her 'don't talk to me I'm a warrior' shit.