So what's the final verdict on this one?

So what's the final verdict on this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4
rogerebert.com/reviews/ghost-in-the-shell-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's shit don't bother

what went wrong? specifically

Pretty visuals

it's robocop

My own opinion: it was awesome. Great retelling of the story. I just wish they would have left out last bit where she returns home at the end.

fails in the most important aspect of the original

here, she ends up discovering she's asian, instead of becoming this post human AI

what does that mean? i mean the original Robocop was fucking trash, the new one was more entertaining and it tried to incorporate transhumanist and philosophical aspects into it.
please elaborate.

Watch the original 1995 movie and forget anything else in the franchise exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4

>shitty attempts to include philosophical concepts makes a movie good

>Original Robocop was trash

I've never met somebody in person who has held this opinion. I would beat you up, little gen z turd.

wow, please don't.

It was comfy.

it takes the looks of the 1995 animated movie, but the plot is totally different...
visually is pretty cool desu... but the plot... man the plot... if you are a fan of the original 1995 GitS don't watch it... if you don't care and wanna have a good time go head!

>shitty attempts to include philosophical concepts makes a movie good

welcome to Sup Forums

do you think it was shot that way from the start or do you think it was adapted halfway though?

could you even tell?

My god I want more SaC.

Did you even understand the original Robocop? Watch it again and pay close attention.

I DON'T CARE

people always discuss scarjo in these threads but I think she is a good fit. it's just that the movie is dogshit.

i agree what terrible writing the dialogue was horribly written. scarjo is an amazing actress and fit for the job but she couldnt save this.

i personally also hated the CGI. everything felt so fake

The art direction was a bit crap, the architecture of the city was wrong. Far too gaudy.

It's a big fail. Even the cinematography that looked appealing in the trailer turns out just a hot CGI mess and very very dark scenes at the end, that will put you to sleep.

It's good!

Got a Lotta sjw media hate that kinda killed it in the American box office but did great overseas.

Not watching it is letting the sjw win...

Opinion disregarded, because of stupid poster.
They rewrote the script several times and the whole movie has 4 different scriptwriters.
Nobody really knows, but the director was going on record saying that the movie would be "better" if it weren't so talk-active and philosophical.
Basically defending dumbing it down.
Nope she isn't. Boring and wooden as always.

All in all the movie fails in basically all categories.

Absolutely garbage, but I'll pretend to like it to piss off the SJW menace

it was great and ScarJo is hot as hell

the (((script)))

Good thing it had /ourguy/ Finger in the Bum playing Batou

Which Robocop? new or old?
They both have their merit, but are wildly different.

In all my years of seeing people criticizes movies, I have never seen someone criticizes the original Robocop.
A few comment the violence is too much and not for kids, but they never actually say it is outright bad. I've heard people trash talk every movie I can think of right now, but never the original Robocop. It wasn't till reading this I realized Robocop may be the best "good" movie ever, just in that there is an absent of hate for it, which is weird given you can always find some one hating on something.

Funny, i did not recognize him, he is too crazy in GoT and too boring in GiTs.

>888
make a wish

Ghost in the Shell was never good to begin with. The story sucks. Only thing it ever had going for it were characters and visuals which the live action faithfully translates. They should've made up a new story, but were a little too faithful.

I want more Major period.

It was ok but the ending really fucked it up.

true pleb detected. leave this board

>Ghost in the Shell was never good to begin with. The story sucks.

Are you 12 or just retarded?

The live action does not translate ANYTHING faithful, except that it steals every iconic scene from the original 1995 movie.
Then it puts these (badly copied) scenes into a mind-numbing stupid corpse of a plot which has nothing whatsoever to do with the original themes, ideas and stories.
Actually the central theme of the movie is diametrical opposite to the central theme of the original.

Its a shitty generic, paint by the numbers blockbuster without an ounce of intelligence or originality.

>script is a mish mash of GitS universe stories mixed into one, so poorly that the plot is incoherent.
>they tried to recreate the original movies iconic scenes again, in an incoherent way that made virtually no sense to the plot
>they failed to capture the cyberpunk and desolate atmosphere the original film had created
>scarjew cannot act for shit
>scarjew was a poor choice of actor for the film

terrible if you are a fan of the series, just bad if you are not.

It was OK. Took lots of stuff from the first movie, and some things from SAC 2nd gig.
Not great, but better than Arise.

It felt like it was setting itself up for a sequel (that we'll never get).

>So what's the final verdict on this one?

Very bad like Wonder Woman

Loved it and i loved S.A.C, great movie

It was bad but it didn't really stand a chance to begin with. If you're going to make an Anime into a live action movie you have to:

1) Dodge the origin story shit
2) Make the movie feel like an extended ep of the anime.
3) Ignore the fans and don't cater to them

What did you dislike?

>So what's the final verdict on this one?
I dunno, Ebert hasn't told me yet

rogerebert.com/reviews/ghost-in-the-shell-2017

Not the public review, I am waiting for his email to tell me what to think.

>Never has there been a film so obsessed with the human soul that proves soulless itself.

only good for screenshots, the action sequences were uninteresting. The plot is like the robocop reboot,"WHAT DID THEY DO TO ME WAAhh.."
4/10 something to watch while you use your phone or something.

you're a trash human, fuck you

Great visuals wasted on a bland and forgettable story

It was exactly one grade better than capeshit, take that as you will.

This.

We couldn't tell Ghost in the Shell. Oh no, That's too different. Tell that story would alienate audiences. It isn't so cut and dry and the message doesn't neatly fit within contemporary morality. We have to adapt Ghost in the Shell to something people recognize and relatable, I know. Let's just make Robocop, drop the whole AI transcending their humanity and individuality thing and just make it about how they took your memories and made you into a killing machine and then have you rediscover your humanity at the end.

Major It's you!

I found the movie utterly insulting.

he accidentally sent it to me instead

>the original Robocop was fucking trash
Now, Sup Forums hates many things, but everyone will agree the original is fucking kino.

She was well-cast, but the movie was fucking terrible beyond all redemption.