How did Borden's wife know he had a twin right before she killed herself...

How did Borden's wife know he had a twin right before she killed herself? In the argument leading up to her hanging she is screaming "I know things I know who you really are" how the hell did she find out?

Also any cool theories or talk in general is welcomed. Fucking loved this movie.

SIDE NOTE anyone else realize when the little kid says "where's his brother" after the bird cage vanish, Borden looks even more disappointed due to his own trick using a twin.

I doubt she'd kill herself knowing that one Borden actually did love her. She just realized she couldn't compete with Scarjo.

She kept saying "I know who you are" I mean there is nothing else that could mean besides knowing he has a double life and a twin, right?

Unless she hates twins, I see no reason why figuring out his other identity would be a suicide type problem.

Two words

Daddy issues

All women either are whores or have daddy issues (or both)

Well now were into unverifiable speculation.

It could mean a ton of things, especially inside as complicated a relationship as theirs was. It could mean, "I know your real self, not just the showman you play for your audience. I know how you can be a loving husband one day, and a cold, unfeeling bastard the next. I know you're having an affair. I know that there is something deeply wrong with you. I know I can never be happy living this life."

Were the clones real?

>how the hell did she find out?
Uh, because they're literally two different people. The better question is how did they maintain the lie for so long.

HOW'RE YEW ALOIVE WOBERT I SAW YEW ON A SLAB FORE GODSAKE

Yes, absolutely.

Yes.

Okay very true

How are we as an audience supposed to feel fooled at all when the movie foreshadows so hard it sacrifices pacing and any element of surprise
>movie about magicians
>character is in hallway
>another character goes through door connected to hallway
>same character is also inside the door
>we now know either character is actually magic or has a twin
>this occurs in the first act 20 minutes in
Not to mention the trick with the birds or the Asian man that ruin every other aspect of the film and that are so out of place you are forced to believe it as foreshadowing.

Also scarjo's """"acting""" if you can even call it that.

Like all nolan trash, its well made, well edited with good cinematography and is ultimately a piece of total irredeemable trash

shit tv tricked you into watching general?

In the book, yes. In the movie, I doubt it. It runs counter to everything Nolan establishes thematically over the course of the film.

You are so smart user. Why don't you use your great gift to cure cancer?

Okay but then whose body was floating in the tank at the end when the surviving Borden twin shoots Angier? It wasn't Root the double.

Borden could have used a secret double like Angier did with Root the out of work actor. The twist was that he actually had an identical twin.

So was it actually a 50/50 chance that angiers would wind up in the tank, or was it something he told himself to convince himself to get on the stage knowing he was killing himself for the applause?

>It wasn't Root.

I think it *is* Root. I think the point is that we never actually see how Angier performs his trick, because the secret impresses no one.

My cocaine explains that in the opening dialogue.

"The audience aren't paying attention because they want to be fooled"

That's the entire premise of the film.

But Borden witnessed someone that looked just like Angier drowning and Cutter said he saw Angier's body in the morgue. Even if you buy into the 'no clone' theory, Root's body would have been horribly decomposed by the time the ending takes place.

It's not really a clone(if you accept Angier's tale as truthful); it's literally another Angier. Neither one is less Angier than the other.

>it was all a dream

fuck I hate faggots like you

You're right about the decomp, but I still say he killed Root in his final trick, and that that's who Borden saw drowning. I think Cutter was complicit in Angier's scheme, knowingly or otherwise. It really depends on how deep the nesting of unreliable narrators goes.

It could be that what we see in the final shot is proof that Tesla's machine creates static, 3D "snapshots" of Angier like it did in the novel when functioning properly, and that's what's in the other tanks. With one murderous exception.