Do you consider Jack Black a good actor?

Do you consider Jack Black a good actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2CMDCD3WQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's a real gamer at least

Has he done anything live action since Gulliver's Travels?

He was decent enough in School of Rock and even as the panda he could be sincere as well as funny. I liked Tenacious D but that movie was shit.

Goosebumps movie. Heard it was alright but could've been better.

He's one of those actors that can only make one character and this character is them being themselves.

I only ever see him as jack black, never as the role he is supposed to embody. same with di caprio, christian bale and channing tatum, but that's pretty subjective. the only AAA actors were I always see the character and not the actor are matthew mcconaughey, kevin spacey and tom hanks

He was great in Bernie.

I don't consider him an actor.

That was a ncie movie, so soothing.

Is that from Project Gotham Racing? That game was alright.

Yeah apparently that achievement is pure bullshit to unlock, thus his reaction

Nacho Libre is GOAT

No, but he's funny.

jack black basically just plays himself in all his movies

>channing tatum
I have seen him act good once, that was in the movie fight.
pretty good movie too

He's gonna be in the new Jumanji.

He's playing a hot, blonde cheerleader. Really.

this

Yeah, I love him. It might be nostalgia and the fact that he's a great singer. Anybody remember that movie where he and his friend make a spray that teleports dog shit? Then people riot and scream "WHERE DOES ALL THE POO GO?"

>No mention of Tenacious D
>No mention of the Holiday
>No mention of his The Office cameo (only funny thing about that episode)
>But especially no mention of Tropic Thunder

I enjoy him. Brutal Legend was fun too

Envy. Wasn't a good movie, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

He's supposedly a good person. He hosts a prom for cancer kids every year and pays for most of it out of his own pocket.

i remember him in a roller blading movie in the early 90s with seth someting(small redhead guy)...really really gay movie.

>channing tatum
I thought so aswell until I saw his performance in Foxcatcher.

Everybody praised Steve Carell's performance just because of the heavy prostethics and completely overlooked the quality of Channing Tatum's character, so much non verbal communication with his portrayal, the entire opening sequence is him portraying his character's motivation and position in life without saying a single word, all through body language alone.
Never cared for him before so this was a big surprise for me.

>no mention of Enemy of the State
shit taste ITT senpaitachi

youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2CMDCD3WQ

who?

I unironically enjoyed Shallow Hal

I don't even consider him a comedian.

>no mention of bekind rewind
True comfy kino

>waking up in Ohio
Is this a horror?

>Jack Black
>Black Jack

this movie is kino though and Nostalgia Critic of all people was calling the main guy a loser for not fighting that chicks brother

Sure sounds like it.
t. someone whose lived in Ohio his whole life

No, "fight" was shit, and lionheart still did it better.

Not generally, but he's very good in Bernie and King Kong.

Not in King Kong. That was definitely one of his best performances, in my opinion.

I think he has the potential to be however either him or his agent keeps taking the easy way out. There's some brief glimpses at his potential like with Bernie that I'd really love to see brought out someday.

Yeah, absolutely.

I genuinely like most of the movies he's in.

King Kong, Be Kind Rewind, The School of Rock, Shallow Hal, and all the other shit he was in.

I genuinely like you.

Hes really funny and has great delivery but i wouldn't say that makes him a good actor. Jonah hill is also really funny and has good delivery but hes certainly not a great actor.

NACHOOOOOO

no, but I still mostly like him

Been stilled was in it too if I remember correctly

No, but I don't dislike him.

This was so blunt that it made me laugh for some reason.

All these responses and no mention of HBO's THE BRINK.

It only went one season, but Jack Black and Tim Robbins are the leads, along with another guy who I don't know.

Funny as fuck. Jack played a dude who had to survive being in a warzone surrounded by terrorists and shit.

If you like Jack Black, give The Brink a spin.

He was the 2nd weakest part of the Brink, only trumping the dumb pilots, Tim Robbins carried that fucking show.

>Be Jack BLACK
>Be White
Fuck off

LOL

ECHS

DEE

No mention of Waterworld