Where did they acquire the chains?

where did they acquire the chains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WnbOcNmbpj4
youtube.com/watch?v=GDAHrJlo0aE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how did they got underwater and out to tie them? earlier in the episode they were waiting for the water to freeze in order to get to the hateful eight on the island

My explanation is that D&D can't write / don't care enough, it just looked cool so they did it.

Otherwise, my autistic explanation is that there were once castles or some shit beyond the wall, before the white walkers were created and that they got the chains from there or some shit.

From the giants, and from Hardhome.

From all the ones that Dany broke.

This, except where did the wildlings get it? DnD said themselves that the wildlings are mostly scavengers and that even their weapons are stolen. Meh maybe stolen chains too from the wall. Kind of wonky.

cosco

The more important question is how on Earth did they get the chains anchored into the dragon, and how on Earth did they drag these heavy as fuck chains over ice that was shown to be very thin / weak just a few minutes before this scene?

The zombies teleported underwater.

There was a fucking shipwrecked boat in the background that you could only see for like 1 second, the chains would have come from there.

Nightking

?

Dude you have a show with dragons and zombies and magic but you have a problem with THIS?!

The Night King is a licensed scuba diver you fucking plebeian, haven't you been paying attention to the plot?

thats it pack in guys fukin majic explains away all odd things, the nightking has a force field around him that makes everyone acts like retards and can conjure chains

You mean foreground?

They are ice chains obviously

The wights that fell into the water attached the chains.

They're still down there, they can still move, but since they're mostly bones covered in furs and metal they can't swim. No flesh, you see, water just passes through the bones but if you lower the chains down they cans till grab and pull them into position.

>too dumb to know when water has frozen
>smart enough to attach giant chains to a dragon underwater

>4 chains can drag the equivalent of a plane out of a frozen lake

The Night King commands them to do it

NK have the high ground

The big anchors they swing along the wall

So he commanded them to be too dumb to know when it was frozen? Or is he the one too stupid to know when its frozen?

During the siege they try to pull out the outer gate with chains attached to the mammoths, do you think they took the chains with them?

They were the same chain s used for mammoths and to pull down Castle Black's gates so yes.

Crashing the dragon was part of the NKs plan

They can't even get past the wall but the army has run up to it multiple times just to grab chains for no reason??

Who would win in a fight, ice dragon or fire dragon?

>nights watch around for 1000 years
>using the same chain and shit for 1000 years
>not losing a few over a 300 mile wall over 1000 years

Also wildlings have been getting past the wall every day for 100s of years. It's a constant problem

chains can drag the equivalent of a plane out of a frozen lake

tiny little lawnmower tractors drag planes across a runway

>>checkmate

What possible reason would they have for collecting giant ass chains?

I guess they made some chains?
really don't see the issue here

>wildlings have been getting past the wall every day for 100s of years.
Lmao wikifags

Your mom's arsehole.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=WnbOcNmbpj4

Uhhh why are you questioning a chain in a show with dragons and magic? It's fantasy bro just turn you're brain off.

While we're on the subject, where do the white walkers get their clothing from? They went from wearing ragged loincloths in seasons 2 and 3 to being elegantly dressed by season 4. Is there a tailor north of the wall?

Why didnt they just execute a prisoner north of the wall & wait for him to become a wight?

Why didnt the nights king throw a spear at them while they were stuck on the little island for a long time?

Why did the nights king throw his spear at the dragon that was (1) flying at a high pace (2) far away, instead of the dragon that was on the ground, much closer, occupied with letting people climb onto it?

Why did benjen just show up out of nowhere? Was he just watching the whole time?

Why didnt they use a burning sword to stay warm? They kept talking about freezing to death

How did the white walkers get a giant chain? Did they craft it with NOT fire?

Are ravens & dragons fucking supersonic? how are they able to fly through the entire damn continent TWICE within the time it takes for ice to freeze?

Lads it's literally at turn your brain off point. The series is beyond saving so just stay for the spectacle and suffer on or do your best to forget about it and move on with your life

You're wasting your time with asking for explanations now

Hardhome maybe?

This is the greatest tragedy of the 21st century. It ain't right.

there he goes posting on the four chains again

left over from building the wall

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

GRRM is to blame at the end of the day. There's nothing we can do now. This is our fate.

Dragon fishing duh

It is. I don't think D&D planned to have to work off the bullet points of the story. Martin should have finished Winds of Winter years ago and had the final book nearly completed. Instead he spent his time touring around and writing back story and now D&D have to write something I don't think they ever planned to write.

This is like some bad warcraft lore

>muh they planned on the dragons coming and having to fish them out theory

Alright sounds legit

Its honestly worse as everyone had higher expectations due to the earlier seasons.

Maybe they have as-of-yet unseen heavier weapons that need towing?

Of course they didn't. They can't write for shit. Why do you think this season is like 7 eps? They opted to go for spectacle over substance because they can't write anything of substance. This season is a bunch of dick jokes and explosions.

would be plenty of anchors and abandoned/crashed ships on the east coast north of the wall

they'd have to pirates of the caribbean walk underwater to get the chains but that's not super hard to believe

otherwise, factor in Mance having access to chains and shit when attacking the wall - the mammoths and giants trying to open the gate used chains to try to pull them off

youtube.com/watch?v=GDAHrJlo0aE

Pinhead showed up and hooked them up.

>Why didnt they just execute a prisoner north of the wall & wait for him to become a wight?
Have to be touched by a walker

>Why didnt the nights king throw a spear at them while they were stuck on the little island for a long time?
Too risky, the fall is what killed Viserion.

>Why did the nights king throw his spear at the dragon that was (1) flying at a high pace (2) far away, instead of the dragon that was on the ground, much closer, occupied with letting people climb onto it?
So he FALLS and dies on impact.

>Why did benjen just show up out of nowhere? Was he just watching the whole time?
He always does.

>Why didnt they use a burning sword to stay warm? They kept talking about freezing to death
Probably time limited.

>How did the white walkers get a giant chain? Did they craft it with NOT fire?
Maybe they found it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Are ravens & dragons fucking supersonic? how are they able to fly through the entire damn continent TWICE within the time it takes for ice to freeze?
Time constrains, so they had to speed up the plot / have things run asynchronous.

chains are literally just forged steel. they're not hard to make.

The GRRM backlash after one very bad episode finally pushes everyone over the edge is funny.

>deus ex machina: the episode

>Have to be touched by a walker
Is this really the case? I feel like we've seen bodies just get up before without being touched (Hardhome ending).

AOE touching

>Too risky, the fall is what killed Viserion.

Wrong, hurling spears at Jon and Co while they were hanging out on the island for days on end would've been fine. The real reason is the walkers clearly wanted them alive as bait so the dragons would come

There is literally no other explanation for the stand off. "Waiting for the lake to re-freeze so the wights could go attack" is a stupid idea because there are 100 other ways they could've killed the men on the island

The chains are dumb because they are just a necessary detail for a part of the story that was just written in so that the dragon could get a maximally dramatic death.

He just raised his hands though. The only reason he touched the dragon was to get the dramatic ending of the eye opening.

t. preston

how to forge without fire

hardhome

Was that the entire whitewalker army? If it was then surely the dragons have killed 90% of the undead

except it didnt matter if jon was dead or alive to be bait, if they were coming, they were comng. he could have just killed them and threw his anti air icicles at the dragons when they showed up regardless

The attack on the lannisters seemed much more devastating than the ice lake

but the spectacle isn't even good

LITERALLY the only reason to watch this show is to make fun of it

Its pretty obvious now that the white walkers can raise the dead at will.

I doubt thats the whole army, and once they have Zombie Dragon blow a hole through the Wall theyll be able to raise all the dead from the War.

>got fundamentalists

i've watched 7 seasons of this shit, i'm not gonna stop watching now because of some chains

The Night King taught me to dive.

the only answer there that makes sense is about the chain

do they have skeleton divers to fix the chains on the dragon or what ?

The lore explanation for the touching would probably be to A) Raise it from the dead as it is far bigger than any human corpse B) Create a stronger connection with the dragon, likely will be his new mount

Just turn your brain off

idk chains are just things completely difficult to find right? so rare and scarce

OK, where did they get the other 2 chains?

>the fall killed Viserion

Really? The dozens of gallons of blood spurting out of him as he fell out of the sky due to being hit with the spear wasn't what did it?

Sad that the only thing that makes sense here was Benjen showing up.

The dragon was dead before it hit the ground.

>Ctrl+F
>"brain off"
>3 results already

You never cease to amaze me Sup Forums

You can watch a lake freeze and tell exactly when its frozen enough to stampede over?

Why didn't the spear guy just hit all the dragons, and why didn't they just throw spears at the guys???

Why is that fat woman in every video?!!

>why didn't they just throw spears at the guys???
He wanted to fuck with them i presume

You are literal cancer.

>4CHAINS
>Sup Forums
>the mountain that ryhmes
it's ike pottery

I never paid much attention to this series after the first book, but I always assumed these guys had their own civilization. Where do their swords, spears and armor come from if they don't have their own mines and forges? Why is it so hard to believe they forged chains?

It would have been cooler if "undead chains" were actual undead chains, where the wights grabbed another wight's feet and made a chain like that

look at this little fagget being creative and shit.
shut the fuck up you dont get paid to write, keep your fanfiction to yourself you little bitch

I think it was a power move. To show his force and how powerful he is. Maybe to incite Dany? Maybe just to fuck around?

there's an overturned boat nearby with broken chains on it

probably from that

>literal
I didn't know tumors could make posts on Sup Forums.

I audibly snickered from that.