Moving the clock forward for no fucking reason at all

>moving the clock forward for no fucking reason at all
I wonder which industry is behind this shit. Literally NOBODY is in favor of DST. If you get a large amount of people to ask the gov't to stop this bullshit, they WILL flat out reject you with no justification.

Attached: 1510497111086.png (469x452, 277K)

the EU will stop using it

This is why I moved to Saskatchewan

In Australia they do it for "more sunlight" for "farmers". All it ever does is make the summer even more fucking unbearable with even more fucking sun throughout the day.
Fuck farmers.

Why don't the farmers just start an hour earlier than normal without changing the clock?

It's for farmers

It's a leftover from when farmers were 90% of the population

back when we had GST in WA it made the summers so much better
playing cricket was much more bearable since the day's play would wind up by the time the temperature hit its peak.

that makes no fucking sense

It has to do with the rotation of the sun in the U.S. Not sure if its the same for Europe

>It has to do with the rotation of the sun in the U.S. Not sure if its the same for Europe
NO that's not how reality works

>tfw it's only 2AM so it's early and comfy
>clock moves forward to make it my state sanctioned bedtime before I'm ready

Fuck this shit famalam

Attached: upset.jpg (266x190, 8K)

an agrarian society's daily routines for work and personal conduct are more likely governed by the length of daylight hours[9][10] and by solar time, which change seasonally because of the Earth's axial tilt. North and south of the tropics daylight lasts longer in summer and shorter in winter, with the effect becoming greater the further one moves away from the tropics.

i grew up in an agrarian society you retard

*chimes in*
I actually like DST.
Fuck you guys.

Daylight "savings" time has nothing to do wih farmers. It's a big, fat subsidy to retailers. Hence, consumers can enjoy big "savings" during summertime sales.

Seriously.

same
only wagies have to get up in the morning when the sun wouldn't be up without it

Doesn't really matter here. During summer sun rises at like 4-5AM and sets barely an hour before midnight. During winter it's still dark at like 9AM, and then sun starts setting before work hours are over. DST doesn't help at all, ut's just some dumb EU regulation leftover.

how come they call it dst? if it applies to most of the year, it's the few months of winter that should have the name

you're pretty far north, only real city that north here is edmonton
there's an argument here that people are better drivers at the end of the day than when they wake up, so it's more important during winter that the sun is up during the commute

I always thought it was stupid, thankfully we don't use it anymore.

>it's important that the sun is up during the commute
It never is, frjend, it never is... October to January are really fucking miserable. It's bearable if there's snow, since it makes it at least a bit lighter, but past few years we haven't been getting a lot of snow.

Attached: IMG_20180311_104902.jpg (4032x3016, 1.16M)

yeah dude i fucking hate daylight savings

This, sun doesn't settle here in summer, so what's the point?

I don't expect a gypsy to get it

Especially if you can't understand that having more time to work in the fields during the summer is a good thing

>Thought I might have actually got a decent amount of sleep tonight
>Nope they just changed the clocks on me
Fuck DST

Attached: 1518502131279.jpg (630x616, 75K)

>we call it wintertime and summertime
>people here don't know what it's for
>people are rallying to drop wintertime and have summertime year round
>12 will never be when the sun is the highest ever again

Fuck off DST is great