Night King general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6h0E7f8IvGE
youtu.be/kxAdt9c6QeQ
youtu.be/_y1w4Fvz3S4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the books he's more interesting

/ourguy/

>Can throw a spear hundreds of feet with enough force to instantly kill a dragon

>Without a running start

How can humans even compete? That has to be Hulk-tier strength, right?

you mean the historical/legendary one?

Why are they using a kmart brand Night King?

pinpoint accuracy on a moving target too

What would you guys have come up with instead of Olympic IBM throwing as a method for an ice zombie army with ethereal ice necromancers to take down a dragon?

PEDs. He'll be banned by next season.

I thought the spear was just magical. The weird whizzing noise and the homing ability clued me into that.

So glad Carol rode in on that Dragon and burned up all of the Walkers. How do you think Negan and the Dump Lady will respond when they bring the one they caught to the Savior Compound?

In the books, he's very different.

For non-book readers: The Night's King (possessive) in the books was the 13th lord commander of the night's watch. He fell in love with a woman with "ghostly white skin and ice blue eyes"; heavily implied to be an other/white walker. He then started performing dark rituals and horrible acts using the magic of the white walkers- ultimately, it took a unified effort of the King of Winter in Winterfell and the King beyond the Wall to stop him.

The books are now setting Euron down a similar path- furnishing him with a horn to steal the wall, collaborating with the faceless men regarding killing dragons/has a horn that can tame dragons, and a full suit of Valyrian steel armor- not to mention he does a fuckload of psychedelics and mutilates/sacrifices priests of every religion to the sea to try to summon Kraken.

The interesting factor of the show night king, in comparison, is that it's very much setting him up to be Bran.

What makes him less cool is that he's a watered down Arthas Menethil

why did he even have to throw it then?

Euron Greyjoy is the closest thing ASOAIF has to a Saruman type figure.
He's probably a more potent magic-user than even Melisandre.

What is the Night King's tax policy?

Because throwing the spear is how you activate it's abilities?

send him your infant son

fk sorry i'm a bit slow

I really hate that the show butchered Euron's character so hard. He's like a shitty version of Victarion. He doesn't even look cool

Is it necessary to read every book to get these tidbits of show characters like how they should be & the lore? Does he just sprinkle it through POV chapters or something?

Literally Stalin.

>all those useless details
No wonder the books are never going to get finished.

Trips of truth

Most of the lore is in the world of ice and fire book/old nan's stories and shit like that. The "useless details" about Euron are straight out of chapters from AFFC and one of the released WInds of Winter chapters senpai

Agreed.
What the fuck was the point of even calling him Euron when he's just a miscast Victarion?
If I wanted to include a crazy, axe-wielding, psychopathic Greyjoy in this show, I would have did everything to get Ray Stevenson (i.e. Titus Pullo from Rome) to play good ol' Vic.

White walkers - /ourboyz/

youtu.be/6h0E7f8IvGE

They were setting up Jorah to essentially get the Victarion and Jon Con arcs- Con's greyscale and them Vic's smoke arm, but then their version of Euron happened and it just got fucked

jay is the biggest phony i've ever seen

Never knew I wanted Pullovictarion so bad.

So can someone explain to me how The Night King is Bran?

youtu.be/kxAdt9c6QeQ

I thought the whole thing Yara & Theon traveling to Essos to meet Daenerys was the show's version of Victarion's story arc?

Is that from that scene?

nice

More on this:

There's a lot of evidence in the show that Bran is the Night King. For starters, the two are able to interact with each other/each other's magic on a level that standard wargs cannot. Then there's the whole scene where Bran witnesses the Night King's creation and winces in pain as if it happened to him. And since we already know Bran can seriously fuck up people in the past (Hodor)...

After the white walkers get past the wall, Bran will start working tirelessly to be the "three eyed raven" and to undo their existence. "History is set in ink," however, and he only ends up further cementing history. Aerys goes mad because of Bran trying to convince him to burn the dead; etc.

Finally, Bran goes back into the ancient past to try to stop the creation of the walkers and ends up warging into his same ancestors that became the night king.

For starters, the psychological damage from being bombarded with thousands of years worth of knowledge instantly would be insane. It's probably a large part of why the white walkers went haywire. Secondly, the "bran" inside the night king would be angry and want revenge, because bloodraven, the children, and anyone else affiliated with old god magic would've known that this fate awaited him and no one warned him.

Once Bran's mind catches up to this event, his body will be forever lost- a lich king "we are one" moment.

The other evidence to this comes from norse mythology around Ragnarok, where Tyr loses a hand by sealing away Fenrir in an attempt to stop the end of the world. Jaime "seals" Bran by pushing him off the tower, and ends up losing the same hand.

Of course, this would suggest that Jaime is Azor Ahai, but that's a whole other theory

Which team wins?

See

This is a level of writing I no longer believe GRRM is possible of weaving

littlefingers team because he's manipulating all the others

Ep.7 leak fucking when

this

Book Euron is a really dangerous villain, he is really smart and manipulative and also has a ton of magic power. Euron as the final boss in the series would be weird but in the book it would make total sense.

more about book Euron:
>he impregnated his brother's wife(Victarion) what lead the iron born to exile him
>he has a crew of guys without tongues and sails in a ship called silence
>he traveled through the entire ASOIF map and collected a bunch of magical stuff
>wants to summon a kraken
>has a magical red eye that he hides under a patch

If Bran is NK why is he still doing all this horrible shit? Why try to kill his own brother and everyone who tries to end the White Walkers?

he looks like fucking bran now, its not even funny

I'm hoping for team final boss. I'll accept team hot pies if for some reason the Night King loses.

littlefinger dies next episode

I think they are saying the NK is inside of Bran not the other way around.

>be me (the Night King)
>see all the people in the entire world who both know who I am, and have the power to potentially stop me sitting on a stationary dragon like 50 yards away from me, and that dragon is also the biggest and best to resurrect into an ice dragon
>should I shoot it, or should I shoot the smaller one that's flying around hundreds of feet away instead?
>think I'll go with the flying one
>nailed it
>okay, I have like 5 more lances; I could probably throw one right away but I'm gonna wait while they all sit there and wait for Jon/look at the dead dragon for like eight minutes
>oops I missed them all lol, oh well

Team Child sacrifice because I love the Hound & would do crazy wicked things to him.

Fuck the Queen..

F

Because Bran and the man that became the night king no longer exist as a separate entity. Their consciousness is fused into a singular entity with an immense hatred for old god magic, and mental programming to destroy mankind and a fuckload of mental damage.

also of note that anytime the white walkers kill things they recreate the spiral that was present when the NK was created. Perhaps he's trying to do some massive ritual/offering to reverse everything.

Since CIA is kill is the only thing to look forward to the Night King winning?

>only man to go to valyria and come back alive
>regularly molests his brother because he can

I'm also hoping Dany goes full Aerys the Mad King and just starts burning down everything.

underrated as fuck m80

Is there anything redeeming about Euron? I'm not talking about all the cool shit he's done like traveling to Valyria aka ASoIaF Chernobyl. I mean his personality. He's such an evil cunt I can't see anyone ever coming away from an encointer of any sort with him feeling good.

I mean, the dude is known to be exceptionally fucking generous to his allies. Gives people ridiculously expensive gifts and doesn't seem personally fixated on material wealth at all. But, in Victarion's words; "Euron's gifts are poisoned"

In an era pre-internet I would believe that

But c'mon men, I can copy that shit in two seconds. And I live in fucking Africa.

In this day and age "brilliant levels of writing" can be achieved by just looking at your fan's theories

So you think they'll just kill him off lamely like (most of us assume) book Vic will die?

Theon kills him in a legolas fashion in the show would be my bet

Victarion deserves a lame death. I almost gave myself a labotomy reading his chapters.

>I'm also hoping Dany goes full Aerys the Mad King and just starts burning down everything.
Isn't she doing that already with Tyrion being the only one that both notices and acts to avoid it?

all of the ironborn chapters suck other than Reek though

No. Its obvious that Jon Snow will win the final battle vs the White Walkers and the Night King and, because it will be revealed that he's a Targaryean, he will get the Iron Throne over Dany.

>just ripping off existing mythology

nope, he absolutely is capable of this

not so much, he is still chaotic evil tier in the books.

Varys noticed as well but he's too busy doing laundry or something to help guide her. Dany will never take Tyrion's word completely because of his 2 failures concerning Highgarden and Dorne and his family connections to Cersei make her suspicious. She needs someone else to come in and tell her to calm the fuck down, which is probably the role that Jon will fill soon.

Anyone have a side profile pic of Bran to compare directly to the Night King's side profile?

stop with this fan fiction bullshit

it doesn't make sense at all

It's not the only thing Jon will fill, if you catch my drift.

The Damphair ones were pretty good.

I got that feeling
Is like they are making Tyrion be wrong on purpose and I hate it

Best I got

>There's a lot of evidence
>Not one thing he says actually happened outside his headcanon

It literally makes perfect sense. The white walkers clearly went incredibly haywire and way beyond their designated purpose; do you have another explanation for it?

>spirals happen multiple times
>bran winces in pain and mimics the position NK sat in post ritual
>bran already had vision linking him to aerys
>Bloodraven and Jojen make numerous warnings regarding not staying in visions too long that Bran ignores regularly
>GRRM regularly borrows heavily from norse mythology
>Bran and NK literally use almost identical magic to control things; and NK can effectively turn off Bran's magic (see: raven flock scene)

trust noone

Why would Bran's "revenge" take the form of an omnicidal force of nature and not just something specific that would make the former TER suffer?

Was getting caught part of his plan?

Instead of acting like you invented all of this yourself why don't you lose the fucking YouTube video explaining you sperg

youtu.be/_y1w4Fvz3S4

I'm not convinced as I think the theory where Jon is the knight king is more legit but it's interesting nevertheless

Link*

The theories about him working with Bloodraven are actually really interesting and plausible.

He could be an anti-hero or at least important to beating the NK.

it's just a cautionary tale, as simple as it gets

that theory doesn't make any sense because it's implied this shit has happened multiple times before, with multiple three eyed ravens and maybe multiple night kings

wtf you on nigga bran can't get "killed" in the past or future while warging into complete randos and have his present self disappear wtf stop inventing the rules of this world on the fly with your fanfic

The nose looks damn similar

AGGGGGGH IM SORRY SHIREEN

>What makes him less cool is that he's a watered down Arthas Menethil

Yeah well that guy is just a derivative of Elric of Melnibone

what is NK's endgame?

the spears are like artillery fuses. they have to travel a minimum distance before they activate. that's why he has to wait for drogon to fly off before he can take a crack at him

asshai 2020

BRAVO D&D

No. That's retarded. Go back to plebbit please.

I think Arya Bran and Euron are team wildcard

Is anyone else rooting for Cersei? I know Night King and Littlefinger will die in stupid ways, but I just don't want Dany and Jon to win.

People actually think that TNK didn't choose his target as a show of force, and think he didn't whiff Drogon on purpose?

Night King knew what was going to happen, he let them escape on purpose, he's getting inside theirs heads and terrorising them

What's his catchphrase?

>'getting into their heads' is apparently better than just killing all of them immediately

Please, go back...

Why are blizzard drones always such retards.

Do you really think blizzard was the first to develop that trope, or that it had any influence on GRRM at all?

kys

Whoa. What does it mean