What kind of homes do billionaires from your country live in? This is one example from here

What kind of homes do billionaires from your country live in? This is one example from here.

Attached: Christian_Benneches_vei_6.jpg (1024x675, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Rinehart
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_500_reichsten_Deutschen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They live in closed communities like this.

Attached: nordelta.jpg (930x525, 171K)

So most of those are billionaires living together?

They are rich people, I'm not sure how many are billionaires and how many are merely millionaires.

Attached: 18812363_1197969133646510_7889814820642357248_n.jpg (1080x719, 217K)

Large compounds

Attached: getimage.jpg (757x378, 151K)

It looks nice.

Due to Jantelagen, rich/famous people are usually confined to regular neighborhoods where you can go visit them any time. I lived not that far from the prime minister as a kid.

We have plenty of big mansions but they are usually for rent so people can host business meetings or get-togethers of similar nature. Some are just entirely open to the public if you want to go inside and chill out.

Attached: 680.jpg (680x377, 37K)

why do you need a pool if you live at the sea?

Attached: 1520364029017.jpg (478x639, 30K)

Here janteloven is the reason why even our richest billionaires don't build super mansions like you see typically in USA. But they do live in nice villas anyway, like pic related - another example.

>We have plenty of big mansions but they are usually for rent so people can host business meetings or get-togethers of similar nature. Some are just entirely open to the public if you want to go inside and chill out
Most big villas in Norway are typically owned by some billionaire, or multi-millionaire and they're not typically for renting or public display.

Are all your mansions public? There must be some rich people who choose to live in large homes?

Attached: røkkeiendom.jpg (729x410, 89K)

There are literally no rromani-an billionaires

That's because everyone who's successful and are on the path to become one, are pickpocketed all the freakin' time, am I right?

Australia's richest person lives here. Nothing too flash on the outside, but it's probably very nice on the inside.

Attached: 1f4540510763ade50b513412f8e10bad.jpg (1023x576, 161K)

haha yes

What is he doing with that antenna? Is it dangerous? Does it shoot laser rays on intruders?

Pretty sure the public ones are just old palaces and mansions that through some happening or other fell into the arms of the state.

It's a TV antenna. Don't houses in Norway have TV antennas on the roof?

And our richest person is actually this fat woman.

Attached: 066c17301ec8d33e4b2e94255f957f9a.jpg (316x421, 14K)

Sweden must have quite a few old herregårder and private castles. You had many noble families. Those kinds of estates are very nice.

>but it's probably very nice on the inside.

It's Gina Rinehart. She's literally the very fucking definition of cashed up bogan. It's probably tacky gypsy tier awfulness on the inside. Not to mention her shit and piss stains everywhere.

Attached: ginathehutt.jpg (700x467, 65K)

We have cables under the ground, but we used to have those round satellite thingys like pic related, but they're outdated now. The kind of antennas the that fat lady has was was typically used before that again, like around the time I was born I guess.

Attached: images.jpg (200x200, 3K)

What did she earn her fortune on? Or did she inherit it?

Why don't you wiki?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Rinehart
Inherited

guess who lives here

Attached: villa-san-martino-in-arcore-monza-milan-home-of-tycoon-and-politician-K6F8GF.jpg (1300x955, 331K)

Because I had the option to ask.
Thanks, my good friend. Now show us some German billionaire homes.

I think I go past like 4 palaces on my way to work.
Three of them royal(well one of them is the royal residence the rest were just built by kings.)

Granted I live in the place where all the Stockholm nobles and royals build their pleasure palaces.

Outside of Oslo's better east side, the general degeneracy seem to be mega cabins.
So they build somewhat bigger normal houses in urban areas, with slightly better interior. And then they spend a lot more money on a bigger cabin, possibly a 15-20 people one if they are 2nd or third generation rich. So the family has somewhere to go camping during vacations that doesn't become trips to the great burning south.

This is the guy who won the original round of Idol, who managed to earn quite a bit afterwards from singing.

Attached: Kurt_Nilsens_Gitarhytta.jpg (736x557, 110K)

We have a few herregårder that is public but some of them are also private, like this one.

Attached: Jarlsberg_hovedgård_Tønsberg_Norway_2017_08-30_01.jpg (1280x960, 510K)

I'm trying to find it.
This is not easy. Most of them live actually pretty humble. And also don't publish the place they live.

behold the american palace

Attached: buffetmcmansion.jpg (600x400, 85K)

>did she earn it
>she earn
>she

the very richest live in places like this,
but "regular" rich either live in upper class areas of inner london during the week and have a undescript rural house on the edge of london sitting on a ton of land

Attached: image-0-1024x1024.jpg (1024x677, 136K)

The guy who own Jysk

Attached: IMG_0035.jpg (1000x782, 460K)

Lmao Kurt Nilsen's guitar cottage is not a good example of how rich people (and he is not) build their cottages, but I remember this one to be quite an amusing build.

Attached: røkkehytta.png (1311x737, 700K)

Its not a good example because he is still first generation.
If wealth stays in his family, his grandchildren will most likely do what your image is, to that cottage in the far away mountain.

Isn't buffet known to have a very humble home in which he has lived all his years?

The rich in USA own some of the most insane houses ever built in my opinion.

apparently the most expensive house here. 68 million kr

Attached: IMG_0036.jpg (580x387, 93K)

Neat. Thinking about I'm not sure I've seen one that has like a barred gate. Though I don't think we have too many that are still standing or are privately owned(and not used for business).

Even at Drottningholm(the royal residence)everyone is allowed to like walk the grounds and have a picnic in the palace gardens. Though I don't think you can just barge in the front door unless you like join some guide group.

How since I fail to find even one Haus where they actually live and not make some Museum or other public stuff out of it look for yourself.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_500_reichsten_Deutschen

These are the richest Germans. No idea where they live.

I think he's looking for stuff like Kensington Palace Gardens

not bad for a dude worth 90 billion dollars. he's a bro

This particular one is still owned by that same noble family if I'm not mistaken, albeit we can't call them "nobles" anymore because of the communism that is infested in our nordic societies, lmao.

looks like the sims house I built.

Nice one. This is the type of home that is typical here as well for the richest people. They buy up all those comfy gems like these.

Yes, it's kinda like the Norwegian billionaires. They live more humble than you would assume. This one is not so humble, but still a lot more humble than American billionaires I assume.

Attached: Jensbyhuset_3455451a.jpg (1080x422, 131K)

I don't even think we have such houses here in Germany.

I only know Merkel living in this ordinary house even I could afford to buy.
Her favourite hobby is growing potatoes.

Attached: haus-von-bundeskanzlerin-angela-merkel--1286541147767-.jpg (480x240, 43K)

Merkel is a politician tho, probably not overwhelmingly rich, and she also has to be liked by all members of the society.

Here is another big one from Norway, it's technically a small castle but it is a private home.

Attached: Fritzøehus.jpg (2332x1584, 1.38M)

We have some pseudonobles (that also make reality tv) that live in a comparable castle.
But those are just underclass people with money. (like what happens to niggers when they get some cash)

I think in general decadence has a kinda underclass conotation in Germany what makes important people try to look humble to remain their seriousness.

traditionally like this

Attached: EEAC696E-C24D-4972-B440-6106D3769942.jpg (1200x894, 348K)

this
big ass mac mansions are considered a noveau riche cliche in Germany

The billionaires try to live relatively humble here too because of "janteloven", basically they try not to be disliked too much (but their homes are still very expensive and nice compared to normal people obviously). Some are decendants of actual nobles tho, like those who own this or this and so they still live as if they were of another class of people. Which is understandable, I wouldn't want to give away such properties either if I could afford to keep them in my family. The richest also tend to have more than one home too. Like, our richest person has probably 10 houses in different parts of the country (and probably in other countries). Maybe more, I don't know.

But we have billionaires who earned their fortune themselves like the guy who live in this house in pic related (same as OP-picture).

Attached: røkke.jpg (980x551, 128K)

I am very convinced that also our richfags have several houses all around the world.
They also don't send their chlidren to ordinary schools obviously.
That's why I say the "pretend" to be humble not that they really are. Hut I would actually do the very same in their position so I don't judge.

This is our Prime Minister's personal house. But he's a millionaire rather than billionaire. But billionaires would live in similar type housing in similar areas.

Attached: 2_137urs.jpg (748x422, 129K)

I think the reason why people with old money live in somewhat smaller old homes, is because they didn't build super mc-mansions like today back when their family wealth was earned. Back then, those homes were mc-mansions of its time.

>They also don't send their chlidren to ordinary schools obviously.
not really true

>They also don't send their chlidren to ordinary schools obviously.
That's true here as well. Not only that, they tend to have connections to each other. Their children grow up knowing each other and forms connections, so that when they inherit and continue in the business they're kind of acquaintances or friends, which gives them even more of an upper hand on the top.

Here our PMs tend to be quite ordinary people, rather than millionaires.

true
but american style estates are still considered to be tasteless here

Attached: B4911690-0A38-4906-9B44-8464BDFE2D35.jpg (2000x1333, 565K)

the only kids that are sent to private schools in Germany are the ones that would otherwise be too dumb to make it into university desu

Same here. Our current one is just an exception. He was an investment banker before politics. But most of our other PMs had fairly normal backgrounds. A number were even high school dropouts.

Pic related is the home of our PM from 1996 to 2007.

Attached: 49d13823921485eaeda7560fa1b2baf5.jpg (650x488, 104K)

So billionaire kids (not talking about normal rich people here, I'm talking the top of the top) just go to normal public schools along with everyone else?

Nah, there are also real elite schools.

Yeah, it will depend a lot on what kind of a home you build here. I mean, this house I posted here (same as OP) is one that people actually tend to think is quite nice, but it's still very huge. Mind that those other houses on the left and to the right are part of his property too. A factor to consider is that his home does not come off as pompous like many american mcmansions do (particularly those beverly hills mansions and those kinds). Everyone understand that a billionaire will want to live in a big house, so when he build one that doesn't look over the top pompous then people will approve of it a lot more. I don't think we have any examples of those beverly hills type of homes here in Norway, because people would just laugh of it probably.

Attached: røkkebolig.jpg (1024x576, 113K)

bishops avenue, hampstead (billionaires row)
kensington palace gardens
Virginia Water, surrey
Sandbanks

yeah that’s true but there are not that many

I think the German upper class is slowly becoming more and more isolated. But we are not on the same level as the US, England or France. Not yet

What about Old church street? This is a Norwegian billionaire's home in London.

Attached: John_Fredriksen_Old_church_street.jpg (590x383, 100K)

Her family mass murdered aboriginals and stole their land to graze cows (legit not even making that part up) and then they found the worlds largest iron ore deposit on it.
She then got knocked up by a taxi driver and had a bunch of kids, but then when her dad died and she inhereted all the wealth, she left the taxi driver, wrote the kids out of the will because they were of "Inferior genetic stock" and married some hot shot lawyer or some shit and had kids with him and plans to leave them the money because they're of "superior genetic stock" (seriously, those were the words she used).

She's notoriously evil and despised in Australia, but because Australians are retards, they keep voting for the party that she basically owns so she never gets taxed. (she has an effective fax rate of like 3% or some shit).

Lmfao, that is really funny in a sort of absurd way.
I wished her house were more like a gothic castle, it would be even better that way.

Mr proime ministah

Attached: 439671.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>Here janteloven is the reason why even our richest billionaires don't build super mansions like you see typically in USA

He doesn't know what Nesoya in Oslo fjord is

Attached: Nesøya.jpg (1792x969, 758K)

Of course I do, but those villas can't begin to compare with the super mansions in USA. Nesoy villas and also the bygdoy villas are quite humble villas for billionaires to live in, at least when you see how they live in USA or China or England, France etc.

They buy old castles

Cool. Show me.

I'm pretty sure that this Nesoya mansion wouldn't count as a poor mans house in USA

Attached: nesøya mansion.jpg (833x441, 294K)

Obviously not. But that nesoya villa is closer to an upper-middle class american mcmansion than a billionaire super mcmansion, like pic related.

Attached: beech-ridge-rd-sewickley-pa010.jpg (1082x652, 319K)

And that is a testament to how humble the rich are here due to janteloven.

that is just tacky

That actually does look a lot like a house you could get as a fairly successful doctor/lawyer/engineer here. Like for $2 million or something.

*the first house, I mean. Obviously the second one is a palace.

Attached: Chartwell estate.jpg (1600x842, 683K)

That's my point. In fact, I'm sure that house is priced about 2 million usd here too actually.

Or perhaps a bit more because its location will draw the price up a bit.

That house was sold for under 2 million dollars

Yes I heard. But its build value was quite a bit more. Sad story for him really.

If I were a mutli billionaire I would buy a castle from some poor central/ southern European country and transport the whole thing to America to live in.

Attached: 1511660988378.png (458x402, 65K)

it's not impossible you know, you simply take apart the whole thing and build it back up again once the materials have been moved to the new location

This is something that rich Americans have actually done before. William Hearst literally stole an ancient monastery from Spain and had it rebuilt in the US.

you don't steal anything like that you purchase it from the authorities

They've done this plenty of times before. My friend live in a house that was moved from eastern Norway to western Norway btw, so it's done here too small-scale.

that's what Hearst was sort of doing, it was in vogue between the 1890's-1920's to take old European monasteries or estates and ship them over here, surprisingly there's only a handful of instances of it really.

I'd personally just get really into historic preservation and Williamsburg-tier reconstructions and try building accurate planned towns and villages or restoring sections of older towns to their Georgian era look

Attached: Hearst-800x500.jpg (800x500, 86K)

Places like these I guess.

Attached: djursholm2.jpg (800x534, 133K)

Agecroft Hall in Richmond, Virginia is a Tudor estate that was shipped over here, it's also right next to "Virginia House" which was made mostly from an house that formerly was a monastery before the reformation. There's a couple of small chapels moved over from Europe and then a few more bits of Spanish and French abbeys and monasteries either in the Cloisters in NY or in Florida and that's about it

Attached: Agecroft Hall13.jpg (1600x852, 323K)

WHO GIVES A FUCK

ARE YOU A BILLIONAIRE? I THOUGHT NOT

STOP MAKING USELESS COMPARISON THREADS AND WORK ON GETTING RICH

THE GLOBAL ELITE ARE ALL THE SAME

>We have plenty of big mansions but they are usually for rent so people can host business meetings or get-togethers of similar nature
What are you talking about?

Don't you raise your voice to me, little man!

Attached: 1568307.jpg (990x583, 124K)

>t. pleb
pool water is for swimming, sea is for enjoying the beach. who wants to swim in the salty water?
also
>argentine beaches

yes it does look humble

It looks practical, stylish but not excessive, and not gaudy. Some of our rich people have a similar philosophy and live in relatively modest houses. But most try to impress each other with their luxurious mansions with runways, private jets and yachts and other shit

Elvis's Graceland in Memphis. It looks middle class according to modern standards. It does feel smallish inside and I remember spoiled ladies' making comments about how small the kitchen was. And he was stinking rich back then even according to today's standards. America has gone a long way since then. Nowadays people want everything bigger and bigger.

Attached: graceland-front-3[1].jpg (450x321, 49K)

My friend's parents live in a house like that. It may look modest but it was worth at least a million DM back in the 1990's. It is probably worth that much in the US dollars now. But that was a pretty expensive town in Bavaria.

I think it's kinda weird that he doesn't at least upgraded to something a little more luxurious at some point after all these years. It's estimated to be worth about 600k usd. I mean, I'm not a fan of those insane houses like this , but at least I would want to buy something bigger than what he's got, and preferably with a nice garden, perhaps instead of focusing on an oversized mansion I would focus on a big garden with a small woods in it, or a beach if it's by the sea. To have some privacy and peace and quiet perhaps. To have a superb view of something like a fjord or whatever is the best view in his area.