So, started watching the other day, on episode 3... While I am enjoying it, i gotta ask...

So, started watching the other day, on episode 3... While I am enjoying it, i gotta ask, is the first season a sort of standalone season? Meaning could I watch season 1, and come away satisfied with the conclusion or is there clear cliff hangers and non-resolution involved, requiring a season 2?

Also, do you guys think that this show would be as popular if it was set in present day? Meaning no 80's nostaligia, themes, and throwbacks?

>is the first season a sort of standalone season?
Yes
>Meaning could I watch season 1, and come away satisfied with the conclusion or
Yes
>is there clear cliff hangers and non-resolution involved, requiring a season 2?
Only one

Sweeeeeet! Thanks. So is Season 2 going to be a "Search for more money" status? Like made up shit just to make money?

No major cliffhangers, but in the final episode there are some unresolved questions that set up season 2.

>Also, do you guys think that this show would be as popular if it was set in present day?
Probably not. It would fuck up some of the plot anyway.

>So is Season 2 going to be a "Search for more money" status?
No
>Like made up shit just to make money?
No

The cliffhanger is about the kid they rescued, he has some sort of "bleeding effect" like in the Assassin's Creed games

It's not standalone at all. It is clearly set up for a second season.

Wouldn't Hopper leaving Eggos in that box in the woods and when he got into the black car at the end count as cliffhangers also?

Had they not include that one scene with the kid it would've been a standalone show.

It seems like they were hoping for a second season and you see bits all through out the first one that could be expanded on in later seasons but I have to agree with this dude. If it wasn't for the scene with the kid I would have felt that everything have been wrapped up nicely.

there's 2 threads but if it was a movie/standalone and ended that way I would consider it acceptable. Its fine OP

Some I'm watching the episodes...and I don't have a huge desire to bang Nancy....

Am I turning gay Sup Forums?

No Nancy is shit. Barb is the real babe. If you don't have a boner for her then you may be gay dude.

It's those bi-focals man. Gets me everytime

I don't know if you're trolling, but this is true. Barb was the best.

Wrong pic.

No troll I legit love Barb. I am so upset that they have no plans to continue her story and that everyone in the show seemed to forget about her.

There are going to be 4 more seasons.
It's Netflix's Harry Potter

I hate that saying (In a world of X be a Y) but any Barb support is fine by me

I think they could've ended her story better. Nancy seemed to kinda care but when Eleven told her Barb was dead, did she even shed a tear?

Barb4Life

I mean the whole season was about rescuing some kid but then Barbara ends up in the same place and it is almost never mentioned. I would have liked if they put as much effort into saving her as they did him even if they end up finding out she is dead. Let them find her body in that weird cocoon place or something.

They tried, but I think Nancy was more focused on monster hunting with Jonathan and dealing with Steve. Also, she didn't have the same resource as the boys, Eleven. And I don't know if you remember, the police assumed Barb ran away because they found her car at the train station.

You have at least two people disappear in a short amount of time from the same small no where town. Even before it was known the boys disappearance was supernatural that is not something you chalk up to coincidence. If anything it would point to a serial killer and once the boys body was 'found' maybe even point to Barb being the killer.

No Nancy is like an actual teenage girl, bony as fuck.

I bet she'll be real hot in a few years when she fills out a bit.

The cops in that small tewnt didn't give a shit. Only Hopper was the one smart enough, or actually cared, to put the shit together. That's why the government was there to cover it all up. Will's fake body, moving Barb's car and saying Benny committed suicide.

Town*
How the fuck did "tewnt" happen?

It continues on