When was the last year that pic related was actually good?

When was the last year that pic related was actually good?

Before Sneed's was an establishment.

It was never good.

Modern Simpsons is garbage, but """""classic""""""" Simpsons was literally a 90's version of Reddit and Memey

ECKS FUCKING DEE!

November 7, 1999

Kill yourself

when they decided skinner wasnt really skinner..

thats what changed everything.

so September 28, 1997
with the principal and the pauper. you can literally start the decline from there. Ken Keeler wrote it. it was the last one he wrote by himself, and quite frankly shouldve been the last one he ever wrote.

he derailed an audience perception of a popular secondary character, which essentially fucked the show so badly that literally everything after it wasnt the same.

the movie is the pinnacle

At least 20th century. It was never good desu. Only redditors like this show.

t. Chuck Redditors

Kill yourself

I don't get it.

Season 12 has the "Mr.X" Homer gets a website episode so it can't be the worst season. Treehouse of Horror is the only good thing in season 11 because of Xena. Season 13 doesn't have any classic episodes that I can remember.

Earlier on I can see where they started messing up.

>Maude flanders dies
>Marge getting breast implants.
>Lisa focused episodes that aren't fun to watch. Mostly because I was young and couldn't understand the politics / religion at all, and it wasnt funny, and I had no interest.

The movie isn't the pinnacle. The plotline felt like a disappointment.

I felt the show was at least watchable up until the HD switch.

I liked the movie. Stopped watching the show long before it.

yep same here
they should have just called it quits after the movie
I haven't watched the show in a long time, but whenever I see a random clip from the latest seasons on youtube its always just so pitiful

Whenever they changed to HD

Literally this

>I still think the five last seasons before turning into HD are the best, just because I did not watch the older seasons yet, just a couple of episodes

After the rebranding it all went downhill. A wholesome brothel replaced by some fucking shit feed farmstore. What were the writers thinking?

>I still think the five last seasons before turning into HD are the best, just because I did not watch the older seasons yet
Wait, what part of my post said this?

was still good up to ~'00-'01

took an sudden drop in quality thereafter when they started doing a tonne of 'themed' episodes based around history/bible stories/ancient mythology etc

it picked up a bit a few years later when they went back to 'normal' episodes, but the rot had taken full hold and there was no going back

Mike Scully was hot garbage BUT at least we didn't get any Bart girlfriend or Marge/Homer marriage crisis episodes when he was the showrunner.