So Mufasa and Scar weren't actually brothers

>We all know the story of The Lion King – Mufasa was brutally murdered by his brother Scar is a fit of jealousy, leading to Mufasa’s song Simba running away before facing his fears and returning to save his homeland.

>Well, turns out this has been wrong the entire time as now the producers of the Disney classic Rob Minkoff and Don Hahn have revealed that in fact, Scar and Mufasa were never blood brothers.

>‘[While making the movie] we talked about the fact that it was very likely [the two] would not have both the same parents,’ Hahn has now admitted.

>'The way lions operate in the wil, when the male lion gets old another rogue lion comes and kills the head of the pride. What that does is it causes the female lions to go into heat [to reproduce], and then the new younger lion kills the king and then he kills all the babies. Now he’s the new lion that’s running the pride.’

>Hahn went on to tell Hello Giggles that the decision was well thought out, as the producers used ‘animal truths to underpin the story’.

>‘Occasionally there are prides that do have two male lions, in an interesting dynamic because they’re not equals [since they don’t have the same parents],’ he added.

>‘One lion will always kind of be off in the shadows. We were trying to use those animal truths to underpin the story so we sort of figured Scar and Mufasa couldn’t really be from the same gene pool. In fact, that’s what [Scar] says. There’s a line, he goes, “I’m from the shallow end of the gene pool” when he’s talking to Mufasa, when Mufasa gets mad at him for not coming up to the coronation of Simba.’

metro.co.uk/2017/08/20/the-lion-kings-mufasa-and-scar-are-not-brothers-making-your-childhood-memories-wrong-this-entire-time-6865663/

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NU-DISNEY

Other urls found in this thread:

lionking.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Brothers
youtube.com/watch?v=IN3FUmPN1mY
youtube.com/watch?v=TIwIRD9HFDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bullshit, scar even calls simba his nephew

Sup Forums - Kids movies & shitty music

>bullshit, scar even calls simba his nephew

The fucking backstory they wrote even says they have the same parents.

lionking.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Brothers

Not only this, but Mufasa actually came to the tribe as a refugee lion from a displaced tribe. Scar was part of a fascist supremacy movement to kick him out

CHANGING THE CORE OF THE STORY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is it animal nature to speak English and gather around members of every species to watch a babboon hold up a new lion cub?

was it a documentary?

Kill yourself disney

I fucking love science XD

He was his brother because it's based on Hamlet. Who fucking cares if that's not what they do in the wild

How stupid are Disney producers?

>How stupid are Disney producers?

Producers are idiots who don't know jack shit. They just finance things and think that entitles them to their 2 cents. Of course in 99.9% of cases the producers 2 cents is to kill creativity and to do something dumb instead.

>He was his brother because it's based on Hamlet

But also based on real Lions. Even as a kid I knew this. It's clever.

Mufasa is actually Mustafa

WHAT?!

This goes against what they did in the sequel, where they constantly reminded the viewer Kovu is not blood-related to Scar, because then the movie would be a romance between 1st cousins.

>the hyenas represented America

mind blown

I only really care about their kids teebaych. Those two insecure little faggots are cute as shit. I just wanna tie 'em up and pound the shit outta them.

Why does this dynamic in nature of 2 lions ruling a pride require them to not be blood related? From a survival stand point it makes less sense if they aren't related. Somebody give me an archive link because I don't understand.

It's also a known fact that in the wild if a young lion runs away from its pride, it will hang out with a meerkat and warthog and eat bugs.

well maybe that's the reason, for the "live-action" sequel

>he doesn't know
prepare to get your mind le blown

They've since pointed out that Nala isn't Mufasa daughter, either.
Meaning Mufasa allows roaming bachelors in to fuck his Pride.
So much for the "animal truths" they were talking about.

So Mufasa is a cuck

Why was he named Scar? Like, did they scar him as a baby? Did he take it on as a nickname after getting his scar? If that's true what's his real name?

He was born with the scar so his parents called him scar.

Is it animal truth that has a young adult lion form a friendship with a wildebeest and a meerkat?

the intellectual's fetish tbqh

Absolutely. Everyone knows that.

???

the baby lion presented at the end of TLK 1 that doesn't appear in the sequel

It was a nickname. If you go on some wiki it will tell you whatever his actual name was.

Along with Scar, yes.
They were more alike than it appeared.

? That's the lioness MC in part 2

What I though tall Disney movies were based on true stories?

he was named Taka according to some random disney book, which means trash. fucking shitty parents

>wildebeest
the animals that do the stampede in the gorge, when does he befriend one?

it's not the same lion

Why do writers feel the need to fuck up their own continuity by going back and retconning shit for no good reason? Why can't they just leave their work as it is? It destroys my ability to develop any sort of investment in their work if the story/lore isn't consistent.

They meant it like the way black people use it, which is more meaningful.

>Is it animal nature to speak English and gather around members of every species to watch a babboon hold up a new lion cub?

Is it animal nature for their to even exist a monarchy where one species of animal rules over and every other species serves them willingly, even the ones who are their natural prey, and would thus logically have zero reason to have any sort of loyalty to them whatsoever?

>born with a scar
Literally impossible

In the sequel they changed Kovu's origin so he wouldn't be banging his cousin as if that would be wrong.

except there are prides where the two brothers rule.

it's ok in modern media, back in the 90's people were more prudish and hateful

>'The way lions operate in the wil,

>tfw had a textbook in a film class that said Scar was a gay stereotype and criticized the movie for not using black voice actors

what did scar mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=IN3FUmPN1mY

No, fuck you Disney producers, Mufasa and Scar were brothers. That very much was established when The Lion King was released and remained so for over 20 years in its numerous re-releases. You can't just turn around and say "actually lol they were never related don't ask how el oh el" for the sake of it. If they weren't related then why does Scar call Simba his nephew, and Simba call Scar his uncle? And why does Mufasa call Scar his brother?

Found the pic, sorry if the image gets tilted.

>colleges
>propaganda shitholes
pick two

The fuck is wrong with Disney?

youtube.com/watch?v=TIwIRD9HFDE

>‘The way lions operate in the wil
In the "wil"? What are these retards talking about? Prides often have several male lions. RELATED male lions; brothers. That's pretty much the only time you see males sharing females. To share females with males who are unrelated to you is just retarded.

Yeah rela lions in the wild don't work like that. But this is a fucking cartoon lion. They're not real so why should they have to adhere to real rules.

Just a recolor after they decided to make it a girl

Yeah but Snoop Dogg calls everybody his nephew.

>as he plots against Simba
but the plan was already in motion at that point