Why doesn't he finish the damn thing?

why doesn't he finish the damn thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-on-his-creative-process-2014-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's so fat he can't even write anymore

He already did. He told the HBO producers the whole thing.

Now its just a matter of him actually filling in hundreds of pages with descriptions of food and tapestries.

I wonder if she is actually funny.

He forgot how

>that look on her eyes

You JUST know GRRM has one the biggest pink masts in the industry.

because he hasn't found an author that he can plagiarize from

>faceless ones plagiarized from face dancers
>houses of westeros plagiarized from major houses, stark is atreides, lannister is corrino
>greenseer plagiarized from all-seeing kwisatz haderach complete with seeing past and present and future
>maesters plagiarized from ixians
>dothraki called freakyscary warriors by jaime plagiarized from fremen
and so much more

hasn't found *another author to plagiarize from

There is nothing new under the sun

If he does finish them I just want them to have a different plot to the to series.

yes, there is. got is just not one of them.

He's waiting for the tv series to finally be over he can change the ending based on how much people hate the sjw trash the D&D kikes churn out.

There's no reason to finish them at this point. He's getting a fat paycheck from the TV series and has become more famous than he could imagine as a result.

When the limelight fades and the money starts to vanish, then he might finally wrap it up. If he's not dead first.

Deciding on his choice of salad dressing takes up too much of his time.

>implying he really eats salad not hamburgers soaked in ketchup, mayo and pork rinds

just look at him

This, GRRM your're truly evil.

How do you soak something in pork rinds? Is this some secret rich fat person shit?

>implying salads are healthy

One of the salads at Chili's has long held the honor of highest fat/calorie content of American chain restaurant dishes.

>plagiarize from
history

You couldn't write a fucking nursery rhyme you twat, how can you expect to write even 2 lines in ASOIAF
Give the bloke some credit

use blender

stop falling for false marketing, you obese cow

>implying history had face dancers

quivering imbecile (You)

this. He's just waiting for fan reactions to the shows ending. If they hate it he can just say "I wasn't going in that direction". If they love it he can just expand on it. In a way, he's just going to retrospectively do to the show what the show did to the books...Maybe revenge? Maybe this is genius.

It's genius if you accept that popular opinion means something

we get it you like dune but your comparisons are fucking far fetched

>faceless ones assassins who change faces
>face dancers assassins who change faces
>far-fetched

bawwww harder

He already said that Starks=York and Lannisters=Lancasters from War of the Roses dipshit

Lucky for you there is no plot in the series anymore

he's re-writing the book to include an evil character based on donald trump because he and his gross wife are still mad about the election

>implying it doesn't.
That's the most retarded thing I've read this month and if you're serious you need to off yourself. Unless you're really, really good then you aren't going to make money or be remembered without catering to popular opinion.

Because he doesn't need to.

You see a lot of authors suddenly essentially stop writing after they have big success. They no longer have to worry about making ends meet or putting food on the table and they have thousands of fans sucking their duck. Without having to do it as their job they lose the true driving force behind their writing. They made a promise to readers when they started a series that they would finish it if successful but they don't really care about that. They got what they wanted, money and fame, and don't really want to do their jib now that it isn't absolutely required.

By that logic everything is plagiarized. Also, you are probably in a minority of people who know what the fuck all that shit is anyway, barring the noble houses.

Isn't he involved with the dozens of post-airing spin offs they are planning to make?

There really isn't.

But what about muh universal basic income! People work 9 to 5 ruining their health because they want to work 9 to 5 ruining their health, bigot!

You are so cool.

Dune ripped off Zen Buddhism, Sufism, The Moving Sands of Oregon and many more things. So what's your point?

He writes a chapter, reads it back, realizes it sucks and starts over. He's been doing this since 2006. Managed to cobble a bunch of them together into ADWD which was pretty awful. I'm just going to assume "Bran did it" is the answer to everything else.

Remember the books have many more major subplots that he needs to finish. So it would take him until mid 2020s to finish his books. At least. Of course if he survives that long.

Did you just assume my position

>money
>vanish

that's not how it works. TV syndication + book sales and I guess some merchandise too mean he's going to be earning well past his death.

He lives a very modest, frugal lifestyle and has no heirs, so it doesn't seem as though he's too concerned about the money either. but there is no way the money will dry out.

the press circus and the fame will only last to the extent he chooses to make public appearances.

>He lives a very modest, frugal lifestyle and has no heirs
Proof.
He is certainly jet setting around the world.

People don't realize he is 68 years old. Could drop dead tomorrow. I don't get why he doesn't finish his books. Does he really want the ending to his stories to be only in episode format?

GRRM was a man who suffered in life. He grew up poor, he got cucked a few times. He put his suffering into his work as an outlet. He wrote a novel where people suffer and to his surprise people liked it. Kill or maim a character and people asked for more. These actions were supposed to be revenge against the world that wronged him. The readers were supposed to fall in love with the characters than have them snatched away. But then it hit him. If he gives them a happy ending, people will be happy. If he gives them a grim ending, people will be happy. What if he never finishes though? What if he edges you but dies and you're stuck blue balled, watching a shitty adaptation that you can lie to yourself and say "it's enough" when you know it's not enough? Imagine the emotional pain that causes. Him not finishing the novels is the satisfaction he's wanted to feel for years.

68 isn't that old.

>Implying he has any intention of doing so

I'm 100% convinced that when he started writing the series even then he didn't plan on finishing it. Then suddenly like a decade later everyone thinks his series is the tightest shit and he has this pressure to finish he never expected. GRRM's probably praying for death.

It is when you've got a toe in every risk group

68 is old as fuck

I would be very hard to write a novel series of his scope using a rigid outline as a younger person with a dedicated work ethic. It's downright impossible to do it as an older person who's lazy and who's writing style is "I pick a beginning and I just let the story grow organically and if I know the ending I lose all interest in writing it". The man is telling a daydream in his head, then writing it down as he goes.

pretty much this, I have already given up hope on kingkiller finale, how are publishers allowing these lazy fucks to not do their fucking work, christ... I don't think I'll enjoy kingkiller any more after reading all the criticism of the series by people here anyway.

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-on-his-creative-process-2014-4
"I had an idea for a science-fiction novel called Avalon. I started work on it and it was going pretty good, when suddenly it just came to me, this scene, from what would ultimately be the first chapter of A Game of Thrones."
Avalon was going to be a capstone book in his 1000 worlds universe, and it was never finished. He got bored and moved on to another story. I guarantee he never planned on finishing ASOIF; he planned on writing it until he got bored and realistically that happened around the time he realized his five year gap wouldn't work and he'd need to write content to fill in the five years.

He's never finished a series in his life. Ever. He always gets bored of what he was working on and switches to something else

I care more about locke lamora and kingkiller...

Fuck, At least Sanderson actually writes still.

the normies jizz after every episode they love it

I like how you riled up all the GoTards with the truth

It makes me kinda wish that he had halfassed some predictable but appropiate ending instead of introducing a shitload of new plot points and storylines that will probably never go anywhere important.