Yes yes... well done Tolkien... well done Tolkien

yes yes... well done Tolkien... well done Tolkien...

HOWEVER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pretends they're not elves when they clearly are
>pretends they're not zombies when they clearly are
>pretends to be an original writer

lmao

how did he get such an ugly face? inbreeding? mutation? recessive neanderthal gene? mom cheated with farm animals?

Tolkien didn't exactly said what Middle Earth's tax policy was did he?

POINT: GRRM

t. Tolkien

Hack is just jelly his work will always be inferior and unoriginal.

Can't even finish his main series.

*THUNDEROUS SHITTING*

*writes ten more midgets fucking scenes*
heh nothing personnel

THE AMERICAN TOLKIEN

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

I'm pretty certain he is aware of how trash ASOIAF is and only fucks with people during his interviews. I mean he's a TV writer

was tolkien handsome or at least not butt ugly? just curious.

>Hey George, maybe we could have more pages talking about Dany's tax policy on Mereen?
>SUNSET FOUND HER SQUATTING IN THE GRASS

Bravo GRRM

When were there elves? I don’t remember any

>children of the forest
>not elves

AND MY TAX!

He's gonna die and let hbo do the ending guys a hack.

They’re clearly spriggans

>be autistic fat fuck
>write your jerkoff medieval fantasy complete with incest/rape/femdom/sjws/yass queens
>somehow gets published
>insert yourself as sam
>cuck ultra chad brother and father and inherit the house
>literally raise my wife's son

wew

>season 1 is a massive success
>every interview hes unironically
talking about hbo big bags of cash
>still hasnt put pen to paypuh

Thanks goy

FAT
PINK
MAST

show > books

he pretends they're not elves but they're clearly copies of those elves who remained in the forests and never saw the light of the two trees.

what did he mean by this?

He'll die as the writer of the second most famous modern day work of fantasy ever created. Not too bad of a legacy I suppose.

George RR Tolkein couldn't write a female character to save his life

POINT: MARTIN

>most infamous

ftfy

>complains about lack of aragorns tax policy
>still dont know night kings tax policy
FUCKING HACK

>>>/tumblr/

infamous in the eyes of a handful of nerds on Sup Forums. Famous / beloved by millions of normies. Again, not a bad deal. Tolkien also got sneered at by the pretentious elitists of his time and even today.

don't be a retard - that's the jews makin up shit as they shekle the non-binary otherkin

>not by the hand of man will he fall
>i am not a man

Yeah he looked like a true British gentlemen.

GRRM didn't exactly create a new language from scratch to satisfy autists did he?

POINT: TOLKIEN

>i'll just pretend i was able to count anons
>i'll just pretend people are not starting to notice his hackery and copying

top kek

Just fucking google him, he's classically handsome, even in his old age he looked great

>yfw you realize Game of Thrones is now bigger than LOTR in its peak days

I still love LOTR, however, Tolkien created the whole "good vs evil" trope and it has gotten old. GRRM is at least trying to break that wheel.

>inb4 HURR DURR NOT ORIGINAL

GRRM has already written the most original fantasy series in decades with only his first five asoiaf books. Get over it Tolkien fan boys.

>Tolkien created the whole "good vs evil" trope

>not copying Tolkien
>Dwarf as main character and comedy relief.
The absolute state of unoriginal hackery

i googled pics and he looks like a kindly grandfather

>most original fantasy series in decades
>writes about the War of the Roses with dragons and zombies

Woah...

This fat slob fucking lardass piece of shit is so fucking smug. He's my role model

wew

Who has written songs based on Game of Thrones?

>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

>GRRM has already written the most original fantasy series in decades
:^)

Step aside, I'll handle fantasy kino.

Did Tolkien put DRRRRRRUMPF as the bad guy?

POINT: GYRHM

>read this
>look at the guy who wrote it
makes me uncomfortable desu

I think you'll find that Sauron made the one ring so he could have two scoops

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Tolkien did. If you disagree then at least prove me wrong.

>Pro Tip: You Can't

Literally every novel takes inspiration from other sources. The Shire was based on rural England for example. Dune borrowed themes from Zen Buddhism and geography is places like Oregon.

You must not read much.

Cucks on youtube endlessly rehashing the Rains of Castamere.

>most original

kek. it was not just tolkien he copied

>faceless ones assassins who change faces copied from face dancers assassins who change faces
>westerosi houses copied from major houses, stark atreides, lannister corrino
>dothraki fierce warrior horde overcoming lannister army copied from fremen fierce warrior horde overcoming corrino army

prove me wrong

What is wrong with this? She's suffering cholera the poor girl.

Tolkein definitely did not create that trope, but he absolutely perpetuated it. GRRM's plotline is staunchly anti-fantasy-trope, I agree. The moral characters get fucked over and the conniving ones win out. Sometimes moral characters do immoral things and vice versa. I'm no expert in fantasy writing but in my experience that doesn't happen often in these types of novels.

Outside of the medieval fantasy setting, I can hardly see any similarities between LOTR and ASOIAF, aside from superficial stuff like (the similarities between Tyrion and Gimli end there; let's not exaggerate)

>The Nazgûl were they, the Ringwraiths, the Úlairi, the Enemy's most terrible servants; darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death.

POOP: MARTIN

>Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Tolkien did. If you disagree then at least prove me wrong.
I believe religion best him to it

>lannister corrino
>dothraki fierce warrior horde overcoming lannister army copied from fremen fierce warrior horde overcoming corrino army

none of that makes sense
I will give you the Starks being Atreides, they even are described as having the same features

The more he wrote the more he shat, the more he shat the more shit he wrote

Thinking the "good vs. evil trope" was invented in by Tolkien is so staggeringly ignorant I have to assume you are trolling. However on the off chance that you are not, the good hero defeating an evil villain has been a mainstay of the fantasy genre since its inception and can be found as far back as Beowulf for Christ's sake.

I already responded to you once.

Dune borrowed from Zen Buddhism, Sufism, the “Moving Sands” of Oregon. The political systems are based on the Feudalism of the middle ages. I could go on.

You have no argument.

Jesus Christ, Tolkien was fuckin woke senpai

>A new Power is rising. Against it the old allies and policies will not avail us at all. This then is one choice before you. us before. We may join with that Power ... There is hope that way. Its victory is at hand; and there will be rich reward for those that aided it. As the Power grows, its proved friends will also grow; and the Wise, such as you and I, may with patience come at last to direct its courses, to control it. We can bide our time, we can keep our thoughts in our hearts, deploring maybe evils done by the way, but approving the high and ultimate purpose: Knowledge, Rule, Order; all the things that we have so far striven in vain to accomplish, hindered rather than helped by our weak or idle friends. There need not be, there would not be, any real change in our designs, only in our means.

such a big difference in writing:

Tolkien: darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death
Martin: The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew

>no based Smeagol in game of thrones

Reek

>talks about religion and politics

faceless ones assassins who change faces = face dancers assassins who change faces

you have no argument to that one, don't you?

Fucking Christ, I am talking about modern literature but at least we can agree that Tolkien also borrowed and stole themes.

Either way, Tolkien comes off the pedestal and I win.

Troll confirmed.

>Criticises Tolkien for making his bad guys simplistic and only evil for the sake of it
>Creates the White Walkers instead
Bravo GRUM

*dies before finishing the series*

OooOOOoOoOoOoO You got me, one theme out of a hundred.

Name one book within the last one hundred years that did not borrow a theme from another. I'll wait.

Also, the core conflict of the Dune series was an economic one while the military part was a clever criticism of the MAD nuclear detrrence and what'd happen if just one actor didn't play ball.

I give you the Atreides though, because the Starks are a carbon copy.

>smokescreening with talk about zen buddhism when zen buddhism wasn't even mentioned
>ignores the details being copied
>claims no argument

>gratuitous sex vigorously described by a disgusting fat man

Point: GRRUM

Beowulf itself is quite deep desu

Children of the forest and the Others.

xD they're the same because they're both crazy

>admits copying ignores others mentioned

quivering (You)

>no argument

Thank you for making it easy.

What is the Night King's tax policy?

>Tolkien created the whole "good vs evil" trope
Never post on this site ever again.

The core conflict of the Dune series was an ecological one you dumb bitch

Also how the fuck are the Starks a carbon copy of House Atredies?

I think that the both of you are just blowing HOT AIR

>the similarities between Tyrion and Gimli end there
>those aren't the most prolific attributes of those two characters
GRRM stand really have to reach hard to jerk their idol off..

Cool, still waiting for someone to name a book in the last one hundred years that did not borrow themes from another.

so basically, martin copied the face dancers, the fremen, etc from one other and also copied from tolkien and he's looking for another author to copy from.

The Others and Children of the Forest are different varieties of "Fae" creatures, from which the modern notion of elves are derived.
Specifically, Celtic versions, down the the Seelie/Unseelie Court divisions.

1 baby boy a month

Nobody in this thread has my permission to post here

GET OUT

>"Zen Buddhism wasn't even mentioned"

There is no word to adequately describe your level of stupidity. You obviously don't even know what "inspired by" or "borrowed from" means.

You're being ignored from here on out or until you make an intelligent argument.

>break that wheel
Dany pls. Lose weight and show tits

jaime described dothraki as an army he has never seen before and could not be overcome just as the fremen were viewed by the corrino after they saw the fremen in battle.

forgot stark greenseer who sees past present future is a copy of atreides kwisatz haderach who sees past present future

Still waiting for someone to name a book within the last one hundred years that did not borrow from another.

I'm assuming that nobody is up to the task.

>GRRM has already written the most original fantasy series in decades
>:^D%

>femdom
w-where is the femdom?

Still waiting for someone to name a book within the last one hundred years that did not borrow from another.

>in decades
>key word: decades

Prove me wrong.

lannister richest house, head of westerosi empire, orchestrated death of head of starks
corrino largest stakeholder in choam richest major house, head of galactic empire, orchestrated death of head of atreides