Who Goes There?

Which one do I watch first?

Only the one made by Carpenter

Why? If the first movie inspired Carpenter in the first place, then it must be worth a watch

then fucking watch all three shitwit

haha "shitwit." Nice burn.

have you gone school shopping with mom yet?

This one. It has some elements from the novel left out in the other films.

Uh DURR but in what ORDER you fucking retard, can you read?

You watch the prequel before the original obviously

Oh snap.
He made you look like an idiot, dude.

TFAW then Carpenter's The Thing then The Thing

The Thing From Another World is a completely different kind of movie. It's worth watching if you like 50s B movies.

The Thing prequel is alright but there is no tension in the whodunnit and the cgi looks really bad. It also gets really dumb in the last half hour.

Carpenter's The Thing is the best.

NO. First the 50's one, then Carpenter's. Skip the prequel unless you're a waifuist faggot

>original vs remake vs remake prequel
What did they mean by this?

I'm not the one asking Sup Forums how to think

It's called a prequel for a reason, faggot.

This seems like the general consensus. I'll watch in release order. Might skip the prequel but ill watch it eventually out of pure curiosity.

Watch The Thing first.

Just watch the 1982 film and forget anything else in the franchise exists.

The original not Carpenters one you stupid nigger

I'm not asking how to think, I'm asking what's the best way to view a series of films. I can come to my own conclusions once I've seen the opinions of others, you fucking RETARD.

Seriously you are fucking stupid.

You type and act like some kid straight out of reddit.

"NO I DON'T WANT TO USE GOOGLE OR MAKE DECISIONS FOR MYSELF. SHOW ME PROOFS."

Eat a dick and fly back to your gay nest.

Seems stupid and trite. I'm not a fanboy autist man-child that can't handle the reality that one film in a series is worse than another, I'm not going to "pretend" a film doesn't exist just to stroke my own ego as if I'm some snobby connoisseur of films

Watch the film by Carpenter then read the book.

Chill, nigger. The prequel is just awful and that user is saving you the trouble.

>You type and act like some kid straight out of reddit

Because I disagree with you? I don't even use Reddit. I tried, wasn't really into it.

I already DID google search, but you can't have a disussion with a fucking search engine, can you?

Honestly you are such a fucking retard

>Wow, you're going to a forum specifically about tv and film to talk about a series of movies? What a fucking newfag amirite guys

Kill yourself

There's more than just a prequel, there's an original too. Nigger.

None. Your autistic need for social reinforcement for even a simple devision like watching a movie indicates your too autistic for movies. Go spill matches on the floor and count them Sheldon.

>original

You nigger, that's just another adaptation of the book and not a part of Universal's franchise.

The first one was released in 1951. The next came out in 1982, and the recent installment dropped in 2011.

The point: a Thing film is released every thirty years. Watch 2041/2042 for a sequel where both Mac and Childs' bodies are brought aboard an aircraft carrier, and with a little artistry, it is never clear exactly whose body was infected, but at least one was - as the Thing makes its way into populated areas and an especially nasty form of Zombie Apocalypse Premise breaks out. The remainder of the film is given over to a series of vignettes where friends and families either watch in horror at their loved ones transform, or else are cold-blooded enough to kill it with fire, in time. Having made good toeholds in certain city centers, it drops the charade...

Huh? I don't have a need. I just want to experience each film to the fullest. For instance, there might be a scene in The Thing that is a reference to TFAW, that might go over my head.

Or, maybe Carpenter's film has a similiar scene done much better than in TFAW, that might ruin the scene in TFAW for me.

I just don't know the context around the franchise.

The only autistic behavior happening here is you and yours' need to insist that any discussion of view-order is somehow invalid.

You're basically implying there is no difference and the discussion is mute. This is wrong.

You can watch Aliens before Alien and be just fine. But, if you watch T2 before T1, you lose a little something. If you watch Godfather part III before the other two, you might not want to watch the first two.

Kill yourself. For real.

.... Yeah, and Peter Jackson's King Kong has nothing do with RKO's original.

Are you really this fucking stupid?