Best episode in the whole series by far. No one can dispute this

Best episode in the whole series by far. No one can dispute this.

t. contrarian.

painter forgot to add some random extras who just pop up to get mauled by bear or something

That art piece is the only good thing that came out from that episode.

No, it sucked. How did ravens travel so fast? Why were the flame swords reduced to lightsabers?

This picture encapsulates the pure RPG fan fiction hat GoT has turned into. The shear amount of people on YouTube that call Thoros a "cleric" aka a white mage shows this.

yeah. lol I get thinking who died. Who did I forget?

Nope. This was one of the worst epsiodes ever. The only good thing about it was when that fucking wyvern died.

This is literally the contrarian opinion for anybody who started watching before S5

I guess he sort of is a Red Cleric.

Nope. 2x09 for this scene alone.

I'll admit daenerys looked the best i've ever seen her. White clothes suit her, as does acting without demanding stuff. Tears in her eyes, a quieter script for her this episode definitely suits her acting abilities.

S2 is my favorite by far. S1 is good too but the tyrion scenes are godly to me.

I'm not complaining, this picture is awesome and the idea of them together as a party is pure fanboy wet dream

This pic is awesome and makes me think how climactic, full of chemistry and badass the sequence could be, if it wasn't for D&D.

Episode sucked as usual.

QUIET WOMAN

best plot in the whole series by far. No one can dispute this.

Unironically the worst episode of any show I've ever seen
NOW START THE DAMN BOBBYPOSTING BEFORE I PISS MYSELF

She is not that good and not that hot, the season 1 actors were the best.

I love that younger daughter with the knives, when she showed her boobs to Bronn my heart exploded in my chest

Battle of Bastards is mine. So long as you skip the Yara scene.

Some eps in s5 were alot worse. Dorne comes to mind.

So the Asian snek survived and became a sidekick of Iron Fist

Hardhome is mine

Is that the fake forced yara/daenerys lesbian chemistry scene? That was fucking bad. Tyrion/theon reunion was horrible too.

Why did the invisible enemies not just drive really fast over the ice, since only the spear-man could see them.

Yes. It's so retarded and everyone acts out of character. Why would Daenerys even accept an Ironborn queen? She has no reason to when dragons can easily render entire fleets useless (like she demonstrated in just that episode).

I wonder how the smallest sand snake looks like now haha

it needed neil marshall as director

Weird, I thought it was the worst.

I liked it but it had some problems

>how did they get word to khaleesi so fast that she got there literally overnight?
>why did hound stupidly bounce the rock on the ice and let everyone know the water was frozen
>how did those guys light their sword on fire?
>all those nobodies in the group that exist only to be killed
>stupid death for uncle benjen

Nah, after the hype from the dragons wore off, I realized how shitty the writing was

Blackwater was such a good episode too. I heard he kept adding things during the shoot like rocks falling on the heads of fighters on the beach. He came in at the last minute too, like a week before they were slated to shoot the episode after their last director dropped out due to family issues

The white walkers also have the power to send super cold out from their bodies. They could have frozen the lake at any time.

I am a an apologist and have been very forgiving to the show, but that episode finally lost me, it was awful. Most of the time I enjoy an episode and then the discussion afterwards people point out issues and plot holes that you can overlook.
This time the problems we're much too glaring for the sake of plot advancement. It's sad

>>how did those guys light their sword on fire?

It's a basic enchant, it only needs 100 skill points in enchanting

The show is basically a cinematic version of World of Warcraft by now. All they need is huge shoulder pads and zeppelins

Why do characters talk like they go on Sup Forums and reddit and mention memes?
>I thought you'd be bigger
I get it because Gendry is supposed to be jacked in the books but the actor isn't
>I thought you'd be taller
I get it because Jon Snow isn't supposed to be a manlet but Kit is
>I thought you'd still be rowing
I get it because the actor tweeted it and it was a popular meme
Let's not get involved in the forgotten story lines and characters.

Hold the Door was the best, followed by Baelor

Well that one could be explainable if a certain theory about the night king is correct

Why does Jon have too many joints in his arm?

Fucking mutant ass nigga

Clearly the artist has a monumental hard-on for Jorah

Cunt didn't even have a sword, what is this fanfic shit. And where's Thoros' flaming sword?

It's fan fiction now. Turn brain off.

Yes! Hold the door, so good, one of two times where I welled up

Did anyone else realise the night king sent that wight bear on purpose, to go directly for thoros, the only guy who could possibly resurrect others? The NK could sense he was a servant of rhollor so he exterminated him before they reached them.

t. nostalgiafag

What's sad is this could have been the most based episode ever, considering the cast of good characters sharing the same screen at the same time. Instead it turned into low-level fanfic-tier wankfest that made no logical sense.

Just rewatch the episode spent entirely at the Wall if that's what you want

It was victim of the rushed plot. We could have had easily 2 episodes worth of this cast, camping, sharing stories etc instead it was rushed.

Pleb detected

Blame should go to the director too, I felt barely any tension throughout bar one scene.
He did make Baelor but also Thor 2 and Terminator Genesis. He's probably only ever as good as the script and this was a very bad one.
Sapochnik would have nailed this episode

But WHY is it only 7 episodes? Ellia and olennas deaths are retarded and rushed, they could have padded it out more with atleast another scene from them both, have a seige of high garden for an episode, have jon and co stop by winterfell for an episode before going directly to the wall, have more screen time of the magnificent 7 beyond the wall, it's just so retarded.

Only seeing Tormund getting pulled into that frozen hole made me feel tension, you could imagine how tired his muscles would be from fighting, exhausted and shit and slowly getting suffocated and pulled in. he had a similar scene in the battle of the bastards as well. Great actor. I see him dying soon though.

its in the top 10 but not top 5
offical top 5 list incoming

1. Hardhome
2. The Watchers on the Wall
3. The Rains of Castamere
4. Battle of the Bastards
5. Baelor
Honorable mentions
6. The Mountain and the Viper
7. Beyond the Wall

Can't die, only wildling worth a shit left

Why didnt they take any women? Seems sexist.

I know but he surely can't live past this war right? Actually maybe, if Jon dies sacrificing himself or something, tormund will probably have a scene talking about Jon, the king, who helped unite the wildlings and saved them etc.

Tormund is popular because tumblr latched on to the Tormund Brienne ship.
Dabid and Dave wouldnt dare go against the normies

The pacing and editing in hardhome was SO good it moved along great, packed with quick dialog and intense action

This and Battle of the Bastards are still easily the best ones.

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM
>hurrrrrr ironic
NO

FUCK OFF

Why didn't Dany just keep burning the White Walkers?

They needed a wight, what if that walker had made their wight. They'd have had to get a new wight

Why do competent illustrators waste their time on trash scenes like that?

It's fun

Why would they need a wight with the white walkers and their king dead?

King is immune to fire because he has dragonglass in his heart

>mfw all that big deal is about Jon possibly being dead rather than her child dragon being dead
It was weird how she didn't lose her shit when he went down.

>Jorah using double daggers

>hating GoT
I know it's tiresome having normalfags obsessed with it but it's the only thing worth watching on TV.

Because it's an irrational animal.

many artists were drawing and painting GoT-themed stuff for the latest episode, I guess they were paid by HBO

Jon was just a crush to her.

The dragon was the closest thing to a child to her.

No, it turned to liquid shit during the last two seasons. This one became unwatchable with all the stupid shit going on.

Come on she's shown kindness as well to people

Why didn't the artist give Thoros a flaming sword? That's really bothering me DESU

I don't really understand why people jump on this shows dick, I understand the writing hasn't been the same since earlier seasons but despite that it's still a great tv show which is movie quality in places and enjoyable unless you're pedantic as fuck and are one of those people that complains about every tiny little thing that doesn't make 100% sense, suspend your disbelief in certain things like you should any movie/tv show and it's great.

I mean when you think about the logic of the story, it has a lot of flaws, all that teleporting across Westeros especially. But terms of pure spectacle it's still great. Name one show running right now that's better than GoT.

It's not gonna go down in history with The Sopranos or Mad Men, but in terms of big budget sagas it has no equal.

Why didn't they just smash the fucking ice?

>Name one show running right now that's better than GoT.
Legion. "Spectacle" is right, just not in the way you meant.

I am not the only one that noticed how hollow and shitty the show has gotten. I seriously hate all of the main characters now they're all in focus. Their secondary characters are remnants of what the show used to be, and I'm hoping the show rapidly changes gears next season with the killing off of mostly all the leads That's the only way it would work, but either way it is a good thing this fucker is wrapping up. The last season is either going to total shit or "alright they tried"

No, most intelligent people realized that it was a weak episode. Important things happen and the beginning is good but somehow it felt like shit. It just didn't succeed.

It was SUPPOSED to be the big battle of the season but it felt weak.

I liked earlier episodes this season better. Like Jaime and Bronn vs the dragon was decent and I felt excited.

They have so many characters and plotlines that there's no way they could've done it justice.

I'm hoping it's not the big battle of the season but i'll probably be disappointing. I enjoyed spoils of war more battle scene wise desu.

>but it's the only thing worth watching on TV.

Not even close to being true. It's only achievement at this point is having the best special effects on tv but that's it. Even the spectacle has become tiresome due to them pulling the same exact shit in every single battle since Hardhome. The fight seems lost, the main character looks around, accompanied with muted audio and slow motion before something comes along and saves the day.

Where as Twin Peaks The Return by comparison has rubbish special effects yet is still essential viewing that weeded out the plebs in just 4 episodes.

It's painfully obvious that the scene was written to have Jon escape on the other dragon, but then they realized that it would be Jon's first ride and they want to save that for next season, probably after he learns that he's a targaryen.

That's why they just through uncle deus ex machina in there instead and why it felt so wrong.

What other title would you use to describe his profession?

Not the same guy but Imo the battles weren't the best thing about game of thrones and never have been. Yeah they're cool but the depth and dialogue of the first few seasons is what kept me intrigued, the show has definitely lost that over the gears as the show took over the books but it's still a good watch.

>aka a white mage

Clerics are real niggas in actual RPGs

>Dany made a short joke earlier
>Jon is too short to reach her hand

Planting and pay off

I still don't understand why there "wasn't enough time" for benjen to just get on the horse? Did he mean it would slow him down and jon needed to get back asap? Or did he mean there isn't enough time to explain that he can't go passed the wall anyway.

the latter

this is what I am saying though.
The show only has big flashy battles now because the politics and interesting character development was long since abandoned.

Its become the cliched fantasy nonsense that never would have got a second season had it been this bland from the beginning

The watchers on the wall would like a word with you

The last two, plus two people riding on the horse might tire it out before it could reach the wall prior to Jon being dead of hypothermia.

Benjen doesn't have any body heat to share with Jon either, and might actually make Jon die faster.

Battle of the Basterds was shit.

>FALL BACK
>unnamed rando literally falls backwards and gets eaten by zombies

What did he mean by this?

Now that GoT is confirmed as the most popular television show in history what does it mean for the future?

I know Wheel of Time is in production but will there be more fantasy?

>Arya episode last season

The Witcher will be the next GoT.