Can we discuss the logistics behind this scene?

can we discuss the logistics behind this scene?

what's there to discuss?

He got chains from ship wreckage long age and he sacrificed some Wights to dive down and chain it up.

Seems pretty self explanatory to men

Where did they get those fucking massive chains, for one.

Weve seen the nights king raise 1000s of new wights just by raising his arms.
Why did he need to actually touch the dragon to turn it? Why not just do his magic and have the undead dragon swim out of the water?

Dragons aren't humans user. It could be that he had to touch it because it's magic too, or as we saw with crasters babies touching is different from rezzing

Hardhome was a fishing village

who made these chains? they must've cost a fortune. did the NK just find them or made them himself?

Well the WW make armour and weapons so why not chains?

More likely though they stole them from Hardhome/The NW/Wildlings

i dont know? why the fuck do we need a backstory on where the NK got those chains? there were probably chains beyond the wall and he basically owns that land now. the nitpicks for this show have gotten a little ridiculous. the show is really fucking flawed but i dont need the backstory behind every blade of grass

How did he get the chains connected to the dragon. If his army can dive down into the water to connect the chain to the dragons why did he wait until the ice was frozen? Why didn't they just swim across.

this

how did they tie the chains around the dragon? a zombie skeleton is hardly the most agile body for the job

the ice was magic so it didnt crack under the immense weight of the dragon and the force of the chains, which placed a lot of pressure per square inch on the weakening edge of the ice.

It's magic. I ain't explain shit.

zombie scuba divers

They're the chains of fate. NK can make metaphors into reality

the scene where tormund almost dies shows that they swim

LANCEL GO FIND THE CHAIN STRETCHER

Wights with the default ability maybe not, but possibly White Walkers are able to assume direct control.

because he was baiting the living into bringing dragons north

that or the wights can't swim, only walk on the bottom

they can't swim, its bones and skin they have no buoyancy. they threw a couple of them in there and pulled them up with the chains.(or left them who cares about a couple of dead bodies)

boats like this don't need oceal liner sized chains lmao

What was the point of waiting for several days to attack? The episode was garbage.

So they could have the ending shot.

*ocean

D&D wrote themselves into a corner where only the dragons could save them

Why didn't he use his giants that we seen from the first episode to pull the chains?

This. Also we know WW can freeze shit so it really makes no sense.

Because that effect would have cost more than just using extras in costumes.

there was an entire village, who knows why they needed it

cuz they didn't need them

EPISODE 7 LEAKED

GET IN HERE

Why go and get his giants if the current hoard will do the job?

He probably didn't bring any on account of the thin ice

The bigger question is why the dragons didn't just go directly for the Night King to begin with. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

The party of Jon, Clegane etc discuss the fact that killing the Night King will most likely cause the rest of the army to shut down. A scene later, and they get access to three fucking dragons. Why didn't any one of them tell Dany "Hey, scorch that guy over there, it will literally resolve this entire conflict"?

The wights in front are carrying almost the whole weight of the dragon in downforce from the chain angle. Either those wights are strong as fuck or the people making this show don't have a basic grasp of mechanics.

Also this

Why didnt he use undead fish or a whale to make the dragon float to the surface?

Like this

This is just autism

Flying straight at the Night King is probably a bad idea as that makes the dragon a prime target for one of those spears. Also, White Walkers are shown to kill fire wherever they go. They can just step through flames no problem. What if that applies to dragon fire too?

yea he didn't just rez the dragon he gave it its own ice consciousness. like it's its own unit unlike wights which are all dependent on a walker.

>walk army of dead over ice that has been frozen for THOUSANDS of years
>breaks
>wait 1 day
>ice is now stronger than ever
>walk army over again

The dragons nor Dany didn't even know who the NK was.

He's not that much of a shiny target other than being slightly more bald and on a horse

pretty much. arguably it was all a ploy by the night king to get a dragon, but also if that was the case all three of those dragons should be dead or atleast some people would have to die to distract the other white walkers from spearing the dragons

you have to allow for inconsistencies to make stories work. its entertainment. literally just turn your brain off partially and enjoy it

So I might be asking a stupid question here, but why did the white walkers never just walk around the fucking wall, either by walking past it underwater or by freezing the water to allow them to cross on the surface? I understand the wall has a magical bullshit element to it, but the wight they captured last episode proves that taking a ww past the wall won't kill it.

NK is Bran and can see into the past/future, he had the chains built hundreds of years ago in preparation for this moment. Why do you think he killed Viserion and not Drogon? The latter might look superficially like a stronger move, but NK knows his chosen course of action already has a 100% success rate.

LANCEL
MORE WINE

Gee, it's almost as if the White Walkers have control over ice or something crazy/

They are the chains left over from the slave cities. Varys arranged for them to be brought over. He's been the bad guy all along.

If there's any kind of logic to NK doing some fucking trick shot killing one of the smaller dragons and not Drogon it's that Drogon was simply to massive to be taken down by one spear. Which means he could probably have eaten NK.

But the gang did, as they had recently discussed the potential importance of killing him, and they were all sitting right next to her.

Dany looks at the fucking guy for 30 seconds straight while he dramatically readies a spear. He stands no more than 50 meters off. She literally just has to make her dragon turn its head and breathe, and the entire conflict would be over. And even if she isn't aware of this, the people sitting next to her are.

Could everybody in Westeros including White Walkers just like die already?

The undead has to be "invited" bu the living and we dont know if that applies to WW

Also we dont know what they actually want, they might not be bloodthirsty conquerors

maybe it would take too long for the nk to freeze the water thick enough for his army to walk across it. maybe the wall extends a magic barrier past its length preventing walkers from passing for some reason. maybe its just oversight

Because kino

Yeah, maybe they just wanted a new pet.

are these rules actually established for the wall or are we just assuming it works that way because it worked that way with bloodraven's barrier?

You joke but the NK might just be Ash Ketchum and he wants to "catch 'em all"

Just assuming but in the books its hinted at more. Like with the NK of legend having to have invited his WW wife past the wall

is Viserion a 'White Walker Dragon' or a 'Wight Dragon'?

haha XDDDD

It takes that nigga five minutes to get a spear, and throw it.

I'm leaning more towards WW Dragon

idiot

oh ok that's a pretty good evidence for it working like that

Fine don't appreciate my joke

asshole

yea definitely a white walker dragon since the night king had to turn him like he did the babies

i liked it friendo

>There was a dock to the left of Viserion as he was being pulled out that had chains on it.
>They're all on top of frozen water with who knows how many ships sunken underneath over who knows how many years
>about a hundred wights fell under the water

I get that the show is upping it's pace to make up for a short season and trimming a lot of fat, but the amount of complaints from people who need things spelled out for them, or entire scenes dedicated to fickle shit like chains shows how stupid a lot of you are.

thanks bud

why would they even add this scene in the first place? just let the dragon crash on land.
the chain thing didnt even look particularly cool or something.

Undead giants could probably move the chains easier

a wiggon

wight team six

>you have to allow for inconsistencies to make stories work
is this bait?

IT dosent matter danerys is killed in season by varys with heartsbane

Night king used weirdwood net to see the coming of dragons and waited for dragons to come and sniped one of them, are you all retarded? How didnt you realize it?

its so dany couldn't order drogon or the other dragon to quickly torch the dead dragon body, assuming dragon corpses can burn
also to easily confirm that the dragon is totally dead instead of mortally wounded and slowly dying

And the polar bear that attacked the group, a white walker bear?

I know you're baiting, but I know people who unironically say this. They number of times I've had to explain that fantastical elements doesn't mean it doesn't have to be internally consistent is fucking staggering

Nope, that's a good ol' fashioned wight

Didn't want to copy WoW too much

Dragons can't kill the Night King. He is impervious to fire. How many scenes of him walking through fire do you need before you realize that a dragon cannot kill him.

>fire has no effect
>biting him would have no effect
>obsidian would have no effect (he has obsidian in his heart for fuck's sake)

There was absolutely nothing they could do whether they realize it or not.

i've seen this posted before is this a real spoil? has the whole plot been leaked already?

apparently its so bad it just might be true

wtf do you mean he's impervious to fire? He's made out of ice ffs

not true

she dies in child birth like starwars

Turning so far has only worked with living targets, neither the NK nor the baby were dead when they were made White Walkers. Viserion is dead though, he had his combustion organ pierced together with a main artery looks like from the sudden fountain of blood. So he /should/ become a wight dragon. However, I'm guessing the show will make him a WW Dragon regardless.

I think its less that he himself is impervious to fire and more that he emits such intense cold that nearby fire is choked out, making him effectively immune to it
if it actually got past his cold barrier I'm sure it would wreck him

It would make sense if they had pulleys

8000 years old ships with 8000 years old anchor chains in a part of the world that has been a snowy wasteland since time immemorial?

>logic
>fantasy

you are such a smart person

pretty reasonable explanation. and if he didn't make it himself he knew where to salvage it : it's established it's an old world that had great kingdoms.

The story hasn't gone much into how to kill him, but we do know fire (at least regular fire as opposed to inextinguishable wildfire), doesn't hurt him. He always walks through fire. Wights are weak to fire and obsidian though.

4chain=Sup Forums. he's messaging directly to us.
The chains are pulling viseryion out of the water. V. in ancient times, Vs and Us were similar looking in script. So the 4 chains are pulling up a U, and messaging Sup Forums.

4U?
Four You?
For You.

The Night King is telling us that he's saving this show, with no survivors.

Oooh I like that. They really missed their chance of having the NK walk on water with it instantly freezing under his feet

not true varys finishes her off because of the pain

while OP got me speculating for nothing , how about this: the chains were made to chain down some giants. maybe the giants themselves made them.