JOKER Origin Story In The Works. WB Leto Will Not Reprise

>Deadline reports that Warner Bros. is planning a Batman spin-off that will focus on the early criminal career of The Dark Knight's arch nemesis, The Joker . However, word is this will not be directly connected to the current crop of DCEU movies and Suicide Squad's Jared Leto will not return to play the Clown Prince of Crime.

>Apparently, writer/director Todd Phillips' project is to be "the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters." In other words, it will exist alongside the DC Films Universe, in which Leto is still on board as the present-day Joker and will appear in both Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens.

>The spin-off has none other than Martin Scorsese on board as a producer, and Deadline reckons the legendary director's early work like Taxi Driver and Raging Bull will be a big influence. The intention is to make a "gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City."

So we will soon have multiple versions of Joker and other DC characters on screen not connected to the DCEU...

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

Also, Justin Kroll, the man who has the deepest connections in Warner Bros and breaks all of the biggest DC scoops and news, said this:

Justin KrollVerified account @krolljvar 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @krolljvar
"These spin-offs would have no connection to current DC storyline and the actors playing those characters"

What the fuck is DC/WB doing? Multiple Batmen? Supermen next? Wonderwomen?

this DC cinematic universe is a complete shitshow. moviegoers will get tired real quick.

>The Hangover director
lmao

Sp a currently running cinematic universe, and then a bunch of random solo films not connected to the main universe?

Jesus they've really lost it over there eh?

How soon before WB hires Kevin Fiege for 80 million to course correct the DC film plans?

bump

That's what I said too lol

I'd rather have what we got than let Fiege fuck up another property.

what exactly has he done wrong?

to be fair, they branded this as "DC extended universe" not "DC cinematic universe"

make the same shit for over decade.

Have you seen Spider-Man Homecoming?
If the answer is yes and you still think Feige hasnt done anything wrong you should go back my friend.

I doubt normies make the distinction

You don't have friends here

DC Cinematic Multiverse Confirmed!

Only man for the role (poc related)

Upvoted, my friend.

Maybe they're looking to retire the DCEU if Justice League doesn't work out with just Wonder Woman and whatever other solo movies are successful going off to do their own thing.

Would you charge for them?

>and Suicide Squad's Jared Leto will not return to play the Clown Prince of Crime.

cast him

For you

>The Conjuring did a good origin story for Annabelle
>maybe we can do that too

No that makes no sense. They are just trying to flood the screen with as much DC properties they can shit out

>Martin Scorsese

Literally what the fuck

>what is Elseworlds?
ok cuck

Retire it when all the films, bad buzz or not make money? Is this the mind of an average retard? Do ppl really bite this meme? When they've made, what 3 billion so far? Jesus get real

If JL is panned, it will at least make 700 to 800 mil. That's enough of an excuse to churn out 2 more

>Martin Scorsese on board as a producer
Ask me how I know this is all bullshit.

Look, we all knnow BvS was shit, and so was SS, but we can't ignore how a lot of negative press about DC/WB starts coming out just before one of their movies is released.
Remember the whole "Wonder Woman" is a mess thing?

The Suburgler

>>what is Elseworlds?

Unnecessary is what it is

Gotham has an Elseworlds joker. As well as there being an alternate superman on the CW along with a bunch of other characters. We don't need even more of that garbage flooding the films too. Keep it a main story, a main universe, and keep it tight.

There is no we. Millions do infact like what you dont

If this leads to dc dropping the whole universe thing and instead make distinct movies with different people making them i'd be pretty happy

>we all know BvS was shit
Speak for yourself, pleb.

Say hello to your new Joker

Hey retard, JL is coming in a few months, Aquaman is wrapping up filming soon, Shazam is rearing to start filming in 4 or so months, WW 2 is being fast tracked, Matt Reeves is polishing the batman script and SS2 is being fast tracked for filming next yr. Get your head out of your ass

Normies don't give two shits

>tfw sort of liked batman, spiderman, xmen cartoons as a kid, but never was much into comics.
>see "The Killing Joke" on dvd at walmart

Is it any good? I heard this is the one where he rapes someone. Is the cartoon ultra sterilized or something though?

It's only somewhat implied, both in the comic as in the movie, it's never shown. And while the comic has some redeeming qualities (the art, some of the dialogues) the movie is just shit.

More millions agree with me though. Source: box office.

Normies will see anything with Joker regardless of who. No actor is above Batman or Joker just like nobody is above James Bond.

The only reason to watch it is to listen to Conroy and Hamill read the lines desu.

I have a framed original 1988 Killing Joke promo and even I think the story is overrated as THE Joker story. It's not even really an origin as the Joker is an unreliable narrator.

If people think The Killing Joke is an origin story or that Joker has any origin story, they're fucking morons.

That's one thing even Nolan got right.

I like Elseworlds... but I agree.

They haven't even established the multiverse except on that Flash show and that shit is already a fucking mess.

LETO CONFIRMED ROBIN JOKER

They haven't even established the fucking Justice League. They started out with a shitty grim Superman and couldn't even get him right before killing him.

The only way I hoped they would do a multiverse is if they shock everyone by having the League lose and Darkseid destroy this world only to find another alternate reality where the heroes are done properly and they defeat Darkseid. They could reveal the Snyderverse is a dark dimension of failed heroes.

Tell that to the Universal Monsters extended film universe and Sony's Ghost Corps series of films.