Why are they STILL ignoring Bran to the detriment of the plot? Why not...

Why are they STILL ignoring Bran to the detriment of the plot? Why not, instead of having Gendry FUCKING RUN BACK TO EASTWATCH LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT, just have the omniscient wizard boy who has been tracking the Night King see that they're about to be ambushed and have him send the fucking raven? You know, LIKE THEY DID IN THE LAST FUCKING EPISODE! In fact, you could even devote a couple of minutes of screen time each episode (that would otherwise be used on musical poop montages or eunuch fucking) to having Bran play cat and mouse with the Night King, trying to figure out what the hell his plan is and why he is behaving so illogically, culminating with him realizing too late that it was all a trap to get Daenerys to show up with her soon to be undead dragon.

Why not, instead of having Littlefinger hatch a scheme to sow dissent within Winterfell by getting Arya (a literal human lie detector) to inexplicably turn on Sansa because she thinks she might be lying about the fucking letter that no one in the world has ever given a fuck about, have him get them to turn on the creepy autistic tree faggot that everyone already feels creepy about? Shouldn't he be a bit more bothered by the fact that he essentially just found out that all his nefarious hijinks have essentially been caught on tape? STOP IGNORING BRAN YOU HACKS!

Other urls found in this thread:

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this dude hideous lmao

Because GoT is now primarily commie propaganda. To their credit, D&D seemed to have checked the fuck out and look like they want to be done w/ it asap.

What...ah...What is going on in that picture?

The rape......

Dude turn your brain off

Fuck if I know

That's what I thought was going to happen too lmao.

It made more sense. I don't know what the Gendry thing was all about. Kinda random.

It would've been better if they broke the ice again with his hammer after fighting some off. and Bran got Daenerys to go.

The show is a soap opera with a sfx budget. Bran will use his powers to affect some gnarly plot twist in Season 7, and then the show will immediately move on to something else. He doesn't serve much role in the show because the show's audience is mostly there for the soap relationship drama and the odd cgi battle. The overarching plot has gone into low quality fanfic territory anyway so I don't know why you care

>have the omniscient wizard boy who has been tracking the Night King see that they're about to be ambushed and have him send the fucking raven?

that would make more sense as to how dany gets there in a timely fashion, getting a raven before all that shit happens to go down

THE RAPE..........

this show is no longer written by logic but by convenience

Tl;Dr

Short answer is that they've supremely fucked themselves by committing to such a short amount of episodes to wrap up an enormous story

He's just going to warg into a dragon for a dragon battle.

Night King was shown to be blocking the three eyed raven's powers in the previous episode.

Arya is playing littlefinger hard.

Bran IS the NK.

You guys realize this...right?

So fucking boring and I know a handful of people who will eat it the fuck up

Can he warg into a walking dead dragon?? Well, flying?

they ignore bran because he suck's

No he's not. That is not only retarded, but they already said that isn't happening. duh Fuck your youtube faggot ass. ill go report it for spam

Exactly.

Why is there only like 9 episodes left to the series again? Why tf is there only 7 episodes this season?

There's 6 episodes left for season 8 and 1 left for season 7.

So that's 7 episodes left.

The last season doesn't come out until 2019. So it's almost like its never gonna be on again

So we get 6 more episodes in two years?

What the fuck

No. Night King was shown to be blond right before lewd stone was inserted into him. Lannisters are blond. Night King was Lannister ancestor. Lannisters secretly working with Night King. Night King gave Lannisters undead Mountain Cegane to protect them. Night King will make Cersei the Night Queen.

Source?

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8

Says late 2018/early 2019

Fuck. You didn't read the leaked script did you?

Is that why her hair isn't growing??

reposting showrunner brainstorming notes hacked leak:

final scenes of SERIES finale:

westeros is an icy wasteland wights walking around
night king marching on other lands zombie dragons spewing ice lasers freezing everything dothraki freezing wights eating dothraki cities screaming running dying as night king stares on
camera flies zooms into king's landing and into iron throne room now frozen white jon dany tyrion sansa brienne everybody undead wights standing before throne jaime joffrey tommen undead wights standing beside throne night queen cersei sitting on throne all undead starks targaryen lannisters everybody bend the knee
camera zooms closer to throne zooms to night queen cersei's face as they bend the knee and cersei smiles her constipated smile

Spoiler tag that shit faggot!

see

damnit

see sorry, too late now, will do so next time

Fucker. I'll find you. And I WILL kill you.

So she REALLY likes that family cock.

>what is warging

Maybe Bran was watching, but the party beyond the wall wouldn't know that and maybe a raven was sent to Dany before one was even sent from the Wall and that's how she got there so fast. :^)

That's what pisses me off the most. I usually cut D&D some slack, yeah there was a huge dip in quality but that's GRRM's fat fucking fault for not writing the goddamn books on time, and producing a show on the scale of Game of Thrones is astronomically more difficult than people realize even without having to worry about writing the story yourself on a deadline, but the fact that their cutting it off early on top of it is complete bullshit. Yeah, I'm sure the cast and crew want to move on after all these years, but I'm sorry, that's fucking show business. There are thousands of actors that would kill to be on that show, and if you're tired of running the show then find someone else to take your place. Don't fucking run it it to the ground because you're tired of making one of the most watched television shows in the history of the medium.

Warg the dog

>two-hour episodes instead of two normal-length episodes

Why?

Anyone else get repulsed when Bran is on the screen? God he is so ugly. I can't focus on anything else besides how horrible he looks.

Doesn't Bran die in the finale?

I read someone saying how it's weird that he growws up looking like every Beatle combined lol

they will all die. except cersei who becomes the night queen.

What's the point of the three eyed raven?

no he's not he's cute

Because Gendry is the fastest you fucking idiot

comiccon

yes.
bran a cute. A CUTE.

but i'm team rickon.

i wanna hug isaac's body so tight

Bran helps you shit. It's true. Every time he is on screen I figure I have time to go shit and miss nothing of interest.

desu better than anything D A B I D could ever fucking write

... it was beautiful

in the books he isnt

Bran went full dr manhattan

He doesnt care

Turn off your brain my dude

This

Well said user

couldn't have said it better myself.

I think he gets ignored mainly because he is not a popular character among normies, too hard to understand.

That's exactly why it is. What's really amazing is that D&D cannot comprehend the fact that the reason nobody likes Bran's storyline is because they never give him anything to do, they seem to just assume nobody likes the character so they replace him with Arya, and that makes no fucking sense 99% of the time. It's like filling your car with bees and then blaming the manufacturer when no one wants to carpool with you.

Probably because the actor isn't very good and they didn't want another Sand Snakes where they have to cut half an arc just because the actors are too shit to do it.

This is going to be the starkest difference between the show and the books (if they ever fucking come out)

Bran is absolutely integral to the plot. Literally every other character, except MAYBE Jon, is expendable and he's being entirely ignored by the writers.
I guess magical anti-zombie espionage and beating littlefinger at his own game is less interesting than YAAAASSS QUEEN SLAYYYYY

Even as ridiculous as it sounds I do think bran is or will be the night king.I think he will try to warg i to him and get stuck or some bullshit like that.Even their armor looks very similar

Yeah, as much as I do not want to accept it, it feels very much in line with the course the show has taken.

YOU JUST KNOW.....

The problem with the Sand Snakes wasn't the acting, it was literally every aspect of the Dorne plot from the piss poor nonsensical writing to the terrible staging of the choreography. For what it's worth, I don't think Stanislavsky himself could have done something interesting with the material they were given. Hell, Obara is an academy award winning actress.

> n fact, you could even devote a couple of minutes of screen time each episode (that would otherwise be used on musical poop montages or eunuch fucking) to having Bran play cat and mouse with the Night King

This. If you do not have time, in an already truncated season, to explore how the people of King's Landing are reacting to a usurping Queen that they already hated destroying the holiest place in the country and murdering the beloved figurehead of the the country's largest religion along with the entire royal family and Warden of one of the most strategically important and well armed regions in the Seven Kingdoms, you sure as shit do not have time for a completely pointless cameo from a popular musician that advances the plot in no discernible way. If you cannot adequately the passage of time during one of the most important beats in the whole fucking narrative, you do not have time for musical shits.

That also perfectly demonstrates the difference between George and D&D's visions. ASOIAF is the story of a war, not the story of any particular character. GRRM has gone entire books without mentioning some of the most popular characters because to him the overall narrative is more important than Jon or Dany or Tyrion.

Game of Thrones, on the other hand, is the story of whoever drunk hipsters cheer loudest for at the Burlington Bar. People like Arya more than Bran, so they'll cut him out of an entire season to show Arya mopping the floor at the House of Black and White even though it does almost nothing to move the narrative forward. Why? Because Arya is a fan favorite and fuck you. The entire Braavos plot could have been condensed to two or three episodes.

>musical poop montages

Wait what, when has this happened?

That's bullshit. So many people will die between now and then. One of them probably being George.

Where was it stated that that was the Night King though?

They had to use Gendry to run back so that when they assembled the cast with all the background extras (whites etc) Gendry's return wouldn't get leaked by someone who barely got paid to act on set.

If it was written well there would be nothing for Gendry to do and they wouldn't be able to make a joke about him still rowing while winking at the camera.

Best comment on Sup Forums

They can still send him away to find help as a latch ditch effort. The ridiculous part isn't that he tried, it's that he somehow succeeded.

But now that you bring it up, there's really fuck all reason to reintroduce Gendry in the first place. What does he honestly bring to the table? Davos is obviously trying to protect him by telling him to keep his identity a secret, but then why would he ask him to come on this dangerous mission when he was perfectly safe where he was? They have two fucking armies, why were they in such dire need of an extra pair of hands? There's no wildlings who could do it? No Dothraki or Unsullied? No Northmen or brothers of the Night's Watch?

>last ditch*

I read that Sansa's actress said she would be unlikable this season but the only one who became unlikable was Arya and her BS picking a fight with Sansa. Am I alone in this or what? I was excited for Arya to come home but since then she became an arrogant cunt. Sansa isn't power hungry and has shown to be loyal to Jon and knows he is the only one who people will follow.

Seems like a poorly written excuse to remind the fans that they hadn't actually forgotten about Gendry after all this time.

>GRRM is too lazy and bored of the books to ever finish them
>D&D are burnt out and too bored of the series to care about constructing a coherent/meaningful ending

Has there ever been a series more severely shat on by its creators than ASoIaF/GoT?

My rewrite of that episode (I would cut the retarded mission out in the first place)
>Jon goes out with the crew
>Bran sees this
>Bran knows shit is going to go down
>Same shit happens, Bran witnesses the polar bear mauling
>Jon still sends Gendry
>Gendry passes out from exhaustion on the way back while Jon and crew run with the wight on Sandors back
>Bran also micro manages and sends Ghost to bring back Gendrys body
>He sends a raven to Daenerys and Tyrion
>The raven squaaks at the window of the dragonstone tower
>It hobbles in and literally explodes on the war table Stannis used, guts, blood and feathers all centralised on their exact position
>Tyrion deciphers it immediately because Daenerys is dumb
>Jon and crew get cornered by the white walkers
>The rest still happens

yea Sup Forums lied to me saying sansa was full bitch.
arya is straight up her own ass. she also styles her hair like that iron born sister of reek. arya for me was enjoyable every season except this one.
maybe winterfell is cursed and makes starks retarded when there

I suspect that Arya is just playing little finger here. She knew that sansa was a sheltered and naive girl when they left winterfell but if it does turn out that Arya is just being a bitch then i hope she dun goofs somehow.

Bait

Sooo.... you guys hate this show now or whatsup?

you ready to be a sheep or wut?

Sending Gendry is pretty dumb. If they're going to send anyone it should be Tormund, who has the best chance of surviving past the Wall and making his way back. They just say Gendry is the fastest, how the fuck do they know that? Did they race each other?

But really, there's no reason they all shouldn't have just ran back to the Wall.

>No Northmen or brothers of the Night's Watch?
yeah why didn't they just use dolorous edd instead

and why is gendry such a top tier fighter all of a sudden

and why does he even want to go along with them. i don't even get his motivation

I dont mind it if im a sheep--- i enjoy the show. were all hearing discussing it.
bawitdaba

>but they already said that isn't happening
They also said Cumberbatch isn't Khan. :)

You're 100% right about that. Problem is, they didn't just forget about Gendry, his plot was resolved. They sent him off to King's Landing, and whether or not he made it there was of no consequence. Were we supposed to pop in with him from time to time to see what neat weapons he was working on? For what purpose?

how is it bait

Because shit writing
DnD recently said in a bts video that they know where each episode needs to end up they just try to figure out how to get the characters to that point.
Basically everything is written backwards which is why it ends up so illogical, out of character and contrived

>Has there ever been a series more severely shat on by its creators than ASoIaF/GoT?
The Dark Tower?

Is having no ending better or worse than having a comically shit ending?

>Last book
>GRRM writes himself into the book
>Not like a self-insert - it's him
>Explains to all of the remaining characters that they're just characters in his book
>Goes around and fucks all the sloots

The whole thing is fucking garbage. We start out watching Arya stalking Littlefinger because, presumably, she thinks he's up to no good. She then sees him hide the letter in Sansa's bedroom and assumes that they must be trying to cover the whole thing up together, but that makes NO FUCKING SENSE. If there is an incriminating letter that you do not want people to see, you don't fucking hide that shit under your mattress. Fucking burn it. There is no reason Sansa could have possibly needed that keep the letter instead of just having it destroyed. And at NO POINT does Arya, alleged master of lies, think that maybe the guy who she didn't trust from the beginning might be doing something untrustworthy.

If we seriously get 2 hours long each episode next season then I am fine for there only being 6. But is there proof they actually will be that each will be that long?

>If we seriously get 2 hours long each episode next season then I am fine for there only being 6

How about waiting until 2019 for the season to air.

>until 2019 for the season to air.
It won't air next year? But I need my fix!

Bran could also have then warged into Tyrion or someone near Danyrys to tell her to go north of the wall, that makes more sense than a raven flying at a 2000mph to get to Danyrys

>How about waiting until 2019 for the season to air.
If each episode is 2 hours long then I am fine with this BUT is there actual proof each ep will be 2 hours?

yea yea ye we get it. this season and the last 3 seasons have suffered shit writing.

>yea yea ye we get it
Not really. There are still normies who defend this. I loved the early seasons of this show and have grown to love the characters but it really is sad to see the show fall so low and some great characters suffer from bad writing