After the battle of Sekigahara, the Tokugawa shogunate dominated Japan...

After the battle of Sekigahara, the Tokugawa shogunate dominated Japan. Those who fought Tokugawa Ieyasu became known as "Tozama", the outsiders.

Disgraced, the tozama daimyo and their discendants were forever excluded from positions of power.

Instead, they looked abroard, prospering through commerce with China and the west.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Threatened by the newly wealthy tozama, Tokugawa Iemitsu, grandson of Ieyasu, closed the ports of Japan, banning all foreign trade.

continue

For two hundred years, Japan remained isolated. With no enemies, the power of the shogunate weighted.

I know for a fact this is from an anime.

But in 1853, a fleet of American warships forced opened the ports of Japan. The shogun was humiliated. Revolutionary ideas and machines from the west began to flood the country.

blah blah blah, get to the part where Godzilla shows up

is this a skit from a wu-tang album?

*unsheathes katana*

this was a pretty good video game desu

Woah, no way! Their balance of trade was 100% perfect and they were humiliated? Cover your ears, elect Trump, punish the nonbeliever, and trash the trade deals. Trump will be the best, even if the rest of the world has to die!

>Ib b4 hez uh billionaires an shit

and it actually worked. 200 years of stability

they were holding onto the memes

Shogun 2 is a God tier game. Almost made me a weaboo.

hmph...

who hath called upon me?

then murica nuked the shit out of you
THE END

Wake me up when you get to the Rape of Nanking and Unit 731. Them's the best parts.