No-deal Brexit could cost €65bn a year

A no-deal Brexit would cost UK and EU firms £58 billion (€65bn) a year, but the cost could be just £31 billion if the UK stayed in a customs union.

Those were the findings in a flash analysis published by Oliver Wyman, a British consultancy, and Clifford Chance, a law firm, on Monday (11 March).

They said the extra costs would arise from tariff and non-tariff, or regulatory, barriers to trade linked to the imposition of World Trade Organisation rules instead of the EU single market rules in place today.

British firms would face £27 billion of costs and EU27 ones a £31 billion bill in the no-deal scenario, while the split would be £17 billion and £14 billion in the customs union one.

The costs would hit five UK sectors the hardest - chemicals and plastics, metals and mining, aerospace, financial services, and life sciences.

On the EU side, they would affect mostly the aerospace, automative, chemicals and plastics, metals and mining, and life science sectors.

They would be felt mostly keenly in London in the UK and in four German regions with a concentration of automative and manufacturing companies - Bavaria, Baden-Wuerttemberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, and Lower Saxony. They would also be felt keenly in the Irish agricultural sector.

The report warned that even if the UK stayed in a customs union, firms trading in goods would benefit more than those in services, especially financial services, as the customs union does not cover these areas.

It added that small British firms, which have little or no experience of trading outside the EU would suffer the most.

"Small firms that today have no non-EU trade will need to establish and run processes that are entirely new to them," it said.

About 60 percent of British firms with fewer than 10 employees traded exclusively within the EU, it noted, and about 37 percent of those with 10 to 49 employees were in the same boat, it said.

Attached: skynews-brexit-eu_4232786.jpg (536x302, 51K)

you can't put a prize tag on independence

65 billion EUR Is pennies for a country producing several trillion in GDP per year

>independence
Not from Pakistan apparently

Britain is fucked right now anyways

Oh well

>British firms would face £27 billion of costs and EU27 ones a £31 billion bill in the no-deal scenario
#worth

>this cucks the englishman

The UK doesn't deserve any special treatment after choosing to leave.

>Those were the findings in a flash analysis published by Oliver Wyman, a British consultancy, and Clifford Chance, a law firm, on Monday (11 March).

lmao. More scaremongering from (((them)))

this

Wow the Jews really don't want us to leave lmao

Good, the less you give use the sooner we'll collapse

Why don't we create a free trade agreement like we have with Canada or Japan?

Because you want to see us suffer

Do they deserve it though?

Make an example out of them.

THIS

That's what sensible countries do between eachother yeah. But the cronies in the EU want you to sign up to silly laws. Not sure there's any other bilateral free trade agreements in the world which require the likes of free movement of people.

If getting rid of all the pakis, nogs etc meant making England the equivalent of a foreign province I'd agree instantly

I'm glad they are the first big one to exit the EU. I really want to see how it affects them for scietific purposes.

You're still getting your pakis though. I guess you'll get fewer poles and other EU immigrants

The impact will be less severe if you leave too and then Spain, France, Poland, Hungary etc.

The EU only cares about money. They've got a more worrying crisis on their hands now anyway with the recent Italian election and its creating a parallel currency.

Attached: DWyQ8QTU0AEhteo.jpg (1199x939, 78K)

I meant that if someone offered to remove the ethnics in exchange for being a province I'd agree, brexit will do fuck all

we're not leaving anytime soon, we have adopted the euro too unfortunately which makes things way more complicated.

Those countries will never leave lol

do you get you facts on Sup Forums? We do not have a new pm and we're not leaving anytime soon. Also our trade balance is positive, we'd be scrwed if we left the eu.

The left-wing is in retreat all over Europe.

You either leave or say farewell to your economy.

? Not even the most anti-EU party wants to leave the EU. They backed down on leaving the Euro as well

>implying
Corbyn is our next prime minister

>we're not leaving anytime soon

Never said you were.

Lmoa. Our trade balance is in positive, we export things unlike (you)

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

I don't think enough people hate their country enough to vote Corbyn into power.

Suit yourself.

It's literally going to happen, May is completely useless and the other parties are all irrelevant

said the man who's never experienced independence

it's not a trade agreement
it's a single market

Well yeah you've got to sign up to that if you want a free trade agreement..

Salvini stated that the euro is a German currency.