Trade war time

euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/trump-sharpens-trade-row-threatening-to-tax-german-cars/

>US President Donald Trump has singled out Europe in a billowing trade row, threatening to tax German cars if the European Union doesn’t lower barriers to US products.

And always remember
You brought this upon yourselves

Attached: 1200px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Donald_Trump.jpg (1200x1520, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spiegel.de/international/germany/german-intelligence-also-snooped-on-white-house-a-1153592.html
wsj.com/articles/eu-imposes-fresh-anti-dumping-tariffs-on-chinese-steel-1469802897
newsweek.com/robert-phalen-epa-air-too-clean-700143
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Noice

How will the EU act?

More tariffs on US products if they do actually enact it.

germans will sell their cars through mexico and canada

The easiest victim would be American tech companies.

Attached: 1515521358096.gif (512x512, 106K)

Imagine if this let europe develops its own silicon valley and we stop being spied on by our "allies".

Attached: 1464467103275.jpg (641x773, 57K)

I hope Trump starts taxing Brazil too.

smokescreen for taxes on japanese cars and maybe korean ones

he will end up dropping this shit cause the eu knows better and he already knows it while japan and sk will be the real targets of him

i dont think hes racist but he definitely hasnt seen east asians as the same people

>European countries don't spy on each other
>European countries don't spy on the US
>everybody doesn't spy on each other
imagine being this retarded and naive
spiegel.de/international/germany/german-intelligence-also-snooped-on-white-house-a-1153592.html

Why don't you make better products that actually pass our restrictions on carcinogens and other harmful ingredients, you fat retards?

good, we should cut off trading with yellows and do all we can to reduce their population and damage their economies

How do American posters feel about it?
Do you think Trump is justified?

EU has a higher tariff on American cars than we do on European cars

sure chink

Dumb Frog. You fuckers spy on each other more than we do. Any idiots don't spy.

Do it Junker you faggot, ban Google, BAN GOOGLE.

He's probably not going to go through with tariffing the EU. He always does this, introduces an extreme policy and then gradually tones it down so people think he's going easy on them and it becomes more digestable for the public. It's a common business tactic which he actually outlines in his book.

The idea is probably to start off by introducing tariffs on the whole world, and then dial them down until they only affect countries like China. If he had just come out and said he wanted to tariff China alone, then this wouldn't have worked.

Not saying it's some intellectual stroke of genius that he does this or anything, but I'm sort of amazed that people haven't caught onto it yet, because he does it with pretty much everything.

true, but keep in mind that google, facebook and amazon make lots of cash in Europe, while EU has no digital sector to speak of

I am talking about the hardware and the software you sell that has backdoors known to your intelligence only, as your corporations work hand-in-hand with your government to spy on everything.
This is in no way comparable to politicians too dumb to not have crypted communications 24/7.

>How do American posters feel about it?
Indifferent. I'm waiting to see how things play out.
Only thing that urks me, as of now, is that we're shitting on our allies.

Damn, that makes a lot of sense. It is weird that more people haven't caught on.

I hope you are right. I am finishing my masters right now and i cant need a recession when i will be looking for a job

So far he seems to be concentrating tariffs on Europe and China.

He does this really often. Only people who notices are the ones who follow policy, which is less that a quarter of the population
>pulls the fire alarm
>claims it's a huge fire
>everyone panics
>people scramble for the exit
>there wasn't a fire, just a lot of smoke
>he sneaks through the back door
>repeat for 3 more years.

You're falling for the 5d chess meme. The chink have been overproducing steel for a while and it's a valid reason to impose tariffs.
EU tried to do that twice. The first time UK blocked it the other time it went through.
Trump isn't pulling off an incredible maneuver, he's running in place to look busy.

>only affect countries like China
Americans have been warning yuros on trade imbalances since Bush though.

>politicians applying political strategy to policy decisions is a meme

Attached: 1516029113380.png (412x373, 342K)

>Imagine if this let europe develops its own silicon valley and we stop being spied on by our "allies".
I hate to break this to you, but the USA and France have been working together to spy on other people already

Still would be nice to have some native tech industry.

it is, he could just do this:
wsj.com/articles/eu-imposes-fresh-anti-dumping-tariffs-on-chinese-steel-1469802897

Aren't there still a lot of german factories in the US than vice-versa?
We have a trade surplus towards US, but we also have invested more there than americans have here. It's not that simple to just look at trade deficit

the Baltic region plus Finland could be that in the future. Eastern Europe in general could also be a future tech hub, since the electronic infrastructure there is so new, and so many young people there are going into IT or CS fields. Polish vidya, Finnish cell phones, and Skype could be just the tip of the iceberg.

True, but consider that European brands employ tens of thousands of Americans building European cars in the US, whereas US brands have no production capacities in Europe at all.

I also thought about baltics, since they have already good infrastructure and well educated work force. However, the possibility of an Russian invasion might prevent people from investing money there

the China tarriffs made sense since they've been not fighting back in a trade war with them for two decades, but this is pants on head retarded, what is this man even doing

Trump's new tax cuts make it cheaper for German company to move here than stay in Germany. That's really why they're mad.

Yes, there are already major tariffs in the car manufacturing market.

Seems like none of the politicians know what the fuck they are talking about. Liberals do not understand how much tariffs there already are, and neither do the Trump fags who think it is some radical new idea to start putting in tariffs.

If it wasn't for all those tariffs, Americans would probably be driving around in some Hilux type pickup instead of the F-150. Not to say that the F-150 is a bad truck but they would have had some serious competition if not for all the tariffs in that particular market segment.

start buying our big inefficient cars you faggots

Attached: 1490831800669.jpg (403x392, 19K)

You missed the point. We can never have a native tech industry without protectionism. Either the EU startup gets bought out or it gets crushed.

There's still companies like Philips, Nokia and Ericsson But they're just a shadow what they used to be.

They're not even that big and inefficient anymore, European crossovers are just as bloated, they're still badly made though.

>Either the EU startup gets bought out or it gets crushed
That means that the business idea wasn't that good to begin with or they just wanted the cash.

But we have small roads, expensive petrol and anti-pollution norms.

>wat is hostile takeover

>companies that are doing poorly get bought out

Attached: 1413590002882.jpg (529x399, 26K)

Attached: 1497276800302.gif (350x350, 881K)

>we, the international community, strongly condemn the destabilizing actions of donald trump and urge the US congress to reconsider
counter^8-tariffs later...
>we, the international community, strongly condemn the harmful trade wars being pursued by the 3 major economies leading to scarcity in africa
counter^23-tariffs later...
>we, the international community, strongly condemn the launch of nuclear missiles by france onto defunct US aircraft carriers transporting african refugees into Europe

American emissions requirements are actually even stricter than ours I think. They just drive far more and drive more fuel thirsty vehicles so they produce more emissions than us in the end.

>American emissions requirements are actually even stricter than ours I think
I highly, HIGHLY doubt that.

Nah, totally legit.
newsweek.com/robert-phalen-epa-air-too-clean-700143

I'm generally against any tariffs, even "reciprocal tariffs" to make things "fair". I like free trade, whereas, Trump wants "fair" trade. I just want to buy the best products at the lowest prices, and so long as they aren't made by slave children, I don't care where they come from.

This whole tariff thing is annoying to me policy-wise. But it's also sort of fun to watch all the hypocrites with high tariffs (and regulations that are often more trade-protectionist in nature than protective of health and safety) pull their hair out while denounce the US for implementing tariffs like they have.

Attached: 1520866878712.png (1000x1000, 1.34M)

Oh?
I posted 'or' as in respectively not that shit companies get bought as a rule.

t. Midget chink

>Let's block off our biggest market!!!
Fuck it.
Trump will be the common enemy that unites Europe.

It's great
I want nothing more than to see Europe fail and all Europeans eat shit.

But he is currently tariffing 194 of the 197 nations in the world with these new steel and aluminum tariffs...

>"I want nothing more than to see Europe fail and all Europeans eat shit"
>shoots itself in the foot

Wow, you sure showed those Europoors how it's done lmao

This
:'(

Attached: 1489546294416.jpg (400x300, 14K)

I think the world's a better place if Europe is totally dominate. Europe needs to become a super-state, and follow the federalized model from early 1800s America. It needs to increase birth-rates and build a giant wall to keep out the future hundreds of millions of Africans who will of course cross the border within your lifetime

But why?

In the mind of Trump and his supporters you're not winning if the opposite side isn't losing. Mutually beneficial doesn't exist in his world.

Look at his flag.
nuff said

Will he put tariff to israel?

based

We do have a lot of IT students, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of them end up leaving. We lost a quarter of our population since the Iron Curtain fell.

Not him, but some think because you are constantly taking our money and not giving anything to us

And if you think about it, they're kind of right. It was our choice to rebuild you. Why don't we just start trading with Asia instead and say fuck Europe

negative 20 percent tariff to all israeli goods

>constantly taking our money and not giving anything to us
How?

theres not enough adventure capitalists for that
you wont get any funding from the conservative, careful european investors. meanwhile in silicon valley projects are more likely to get the funding they need

Tariffs almost never make economic sense. It is the one of the few principles all economists agree on.

Dunno, Im just telling him what i've heard some people say. Usually they will say it's about NATO, or UN, or military

>I think the world's a better place if Europe is totally dominate
Why do you think that?

They make sense when there is dumping. You can't pull industry put of your ass periodically when the prices get hiked.

Culture, ideals, philosophy

The world economy is not supposed to be equal.

Protectionist nations will always lose out in the long-term. This basic fact is so supported by decades of evidence from failures in Latin America, India, the Middle East, Russia, and southern Europe that I find it absolutely inane that it still gets so much popular support.

How the fuck does paying more for steel help the USA? You people get that is the sole result of tariffs on steel imports, right? You know, the commodity that goes into all of our high-tech manufactured goods like planes and cars?

The fact that Bush in 2002-2003 got so thoroughly BTFO by economic facts and retaliation made me believe even Trump’s advisors would not repeat it.

Europe was totally dominant. Doesn't look very good now.

American and european culture and values are pretty similar

It looks incredibly good now, compared to the bloody mess it was for most of history

E*ropigs BTFO.

B-but muh Asian protectionism!

What you keep forgetting is that all a manufacturer has to do is qualify the vehicle as "a truck" and it's exempt from all sorts of emmission regulations in USA

Can you come up with sone data about poverty and wealth disparity under Bush and now? Maybe there is where the answer is. Both the administation and the people seem a lot more determined compared to Bush and Obama terms

Is it only german cars?

That's great news.
Ameridumbs need to learn the way of flamboyant and fun-and-unreliable italian compact!
FIAT already owns a large portion of american car brands

Attached: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (200x200, 53K)

Dumping almost never happens though...

The USA already produces all the metals it needs for defense.

This is just blatant protection for Republican businesses.

I'm talking about the times of european empires. The core countries are falling like ancient Rome.

>destroying the western alliance over vw jettas
seriously trump, fuck you

Attached: fugdis.gif (400x286, 1.57M)

What?

Obama imposed tariffs on $80 billion in imports in 2009-2010.

Trump, only $18 billion so far. He is literally all talk.

>Is it only german cars?
Of course not. It's just been an example. He can't put tariff on german cars like we cant out tariffs on products made in alabama. I think he knows that but his retard supporters don't

kek. Only one losing is Trump and americans. Bush tried to pull similar shit and got trashed hard by EU

It's strange. Everybody warns about shorterm losses but noone says anything about the certain propping up American steel inustry. It's not that steel mills were non existant in America and you have no experience with it.

Surely in the case of almost all targets of Trumps new tarrifs, but China has overproduced steel for a long while now, or so I've been lead to believe by every newspaper that writes on the topic.

You know, I forgot who first mentioned this, but it's a lot harder for a Second World nation to succeed than a Third World nation.

The thing is that this was planned this way. The world's winners and losers were pre-determined after WW2. The losers are not necessarily the Third World. The losers are the Second World.

The Second World has the burden of already being a pawn on the chess-board of the First World companies. So you see the Second World even works for them. Apple sets up a factory in Cambodia, and employees them a few dollars a week. BMW hires 10,000 Colombians to farm rubber for cents a day.

The Third World? No one gives a shit. At least you're left to your own devices. Maybe you might get some free economy aid too, as long as you do what the First World says.

The age of Empires was good for the world.

Give him some time then. Back then didn't see many Americans supporting such policies. Maybe the climate wasn't as negative, just a simmering crisis.

Allegedly Merkel had to explain 11 times to him that member of the EU can't sign trade deals alone.
www.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4
Maybe he still doesn't get it.

Back then there wasn't no social media etc. I'm pretty sure as many people gives a shit as these days. It's just the social media gives a voice to the loud majority.
Like for example only the most retarded people I know use twitter and are active politicially. It goes without saying they're most on far left or far right. Which both are just marginal people

>China has overproduced steel for a long while now
Yeah, but tariffs will have little impact on China, which supplies less than 5% of US imports of steel and ALREADY faces tariffs from previous administrations. Only US allies will be penalised.

>believing media rhetoric
Im 100% sure she did not say it 11 times. She may have ordered it differently and several different occasions.