Historical epics reccomendation thread

I've got a couple hours to d/l something before I get on a flight. What are some good historical epics? Pic related and braveheart are my favorites but I've seen them a billion times. There's a legends of the fall thread but I remember it being boring. Considering watching Cold Mountain. Any recs?

troy?

Kingdom of Heaven? I haven't seen it but I like the premise.

lel

Good rec, I forgot about that one. The theatre cut is trash but the directors cut is kino.

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut is great

Maybe some Barry Lyndon

Sharpe

I've heard good things.

Is this worth watching? I've heard it's rough around the edges. Considering the fact that 3 of my favorite films are Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator I should probably watch it just to finish his filmography.

If you don't mind the religious story, Ben-Hur (1959). The trireme battle and the chariot race are still two of the greatest action scenes of all time.

Apocalypto
Chinese odyssey part 1

Mongol
Master and Commander
The 13th Warrior
Tombstone
Apocalypto
Troy

>Braveheart
>gladiator
>your favourites at anything
Congratulations, you are a boring person with shit taste. Change that by seeing anything you can. Barry lyndon, Rom the series, spartacus the fiom and the series, marie antoinette, the valmont films, prode and prejudice, the mission, silence, 300, apocalypto and passion of the christ, which are truly gibson kino, unlike braveheart,duelists, almost all other epics of the 50s, lawrence of arabia, master and commander, even the first fucking star wars is a better epic

1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992) >(7/10)
Troy (2004) DC >(7/10)
King Arthur (2004) >(6/10)
Braveheart (1995) >(8/10)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962) >(9.5/10)
The Last of the Mohicans (1992) >(8/10)
Ben-Hur (1959) >(8.5/10)
Spartacus (1960) >(8/10)
Waterloo (1970) >(7/10)
The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) >(7/10)

Not epics, but still relevant if you like adventurous period pieces.
Black Robe (1991) (7/10)
Doctor Zhivago (1965) >(9/10)
Rob Roy (1995) >(7.5/10)
Titus (1999) >(6/10)

You don't get to accuse someone of having shit taste and then recommend 300 in the same sentence.

In hindsight, Doctor Zhivago might belong in the epics section.

At first you think its going to be a shit period piece but Mads Mikkelsen is spectacular and it has naked Alicia Vikander

It's a little slow, but well worth the watch.

Im not looking for high brow entertainment and I love Barry Lyndon but 300 is trash.

>Doctor Zhivago
Its good but my flight isn't 19 hours. I've never seen Lawrence of arabia... Maybe I need to fix that.

>Its good but my flight isn't 19 hours.
you're missing out on a great film, same director who made Lawrence of Arabia.

You should watch both. You wont regret it. Get a high quality rip of both.

I was saying I've seen Doctor Zhivago. It's been ~12 years though, I should probably give it a rewatch.

I think I'm rolling with Lawrence of Arabia for the flight... it's probably criminal that I haven't seen it. Thanks senpai

>naked Alicia Vikander

If it's good enough for Michael Fassbender it's good enough for me

Cleopatra with all of its 4 hours is great

Which one?

Same breath, you mean. 300 wasn't in the same sentence.

With eli taylor