Paint the Balkans

Paint the countries which you consider to be part of the Balkan region and post the results.

Attached: Blank_Balkan_map.png (1025x960, 39K)

Attached: 1520882117395.png (1025x960, 48K)

Attached: 1520882117395.png (1025x960, 52K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1025x960, 48K)

Attached: 1520882117395.png (1025x960, 48K)

Attached: balkans.png (1025x960, 56K)

serious question, why the fuck is Vojvodina (northern part of Serbia) included?!?

blue line

Attached: balkans.png (596x383, 61K)

replied to the wrong person methinks

because anyone with a grasp of Serbian history knows that the Serbs settled Vojvodina as refugees from the Balkans in several waves, starting in the 16th century and concluding in the 1990s.

hungary is lined because in certain regards it has a cultural and lingustic influence in and from the balkans but no a political scale it hasnt really been part of the balkanic sphere lately

Attached: balkan.png (1025x960, 58K)

no, just wrote "included" instead of "excluded" oops. tell me though, why do you think it's not part of the balkans? I'm not sure why you think that

so a geographic area changes by who lives there? what kind of logic is that?

habsburg influence, vojvodina hasn't been an ottoman possession for what, 3 centuries now? and you can tell that Vojvodinans have a different mentality than other Serbs

balkan is more then a geographic area, it's an economic, cultural and a racial one aswell, don't you think?
do you consider turks from istanbul balkanites?

i realize my definition is unusually strict, but i unironically believe the only true balkan nations left are albania, kosovo, montenegro, serbia, bosnia, macedonia, & bulgaria

I took the Balkans to mean a cultural area, and there is no group of Serbs anywhere that would not be Greco-Turkish in culture.

I don't know why westerners always omit Romanians from the Balkan sphere. I think they're pretty much fully Balkanic and that the main part of their cultural heritage comes from Istanbul and not from Eastern Europe.

I find it unusual you have such knowledge, considering you're in the US. do you have experience with Serbians from Vojvodina and Serbians from southern Serbia? what difference do you see between them? I'm just curious what you think

I guess you're right

>excluding greece

Attached: balkanss.png (1025x960, 38K)

Balkans is everything ruled by Ottomans.
Maybe we can omit Slovenia since they never were ruled by Turks, and most of Hungary.
Rest is Balkans, that includes Romania.

nigga im diaspora wasnt it obvious? you think the average westerner has this much autistic knowledge about the balkan peninsula, no chance m8

I was more thinking you're just a proxy, but took my chances anyway

The Balkans is about having kolo as your national dance.
About everyday words like Ĩorba and rakija.
About wearing a gold chain around your neck and posturing a certain way.
About using swearwords freely but being very sensitive to certain specific ones.
About family ties, and hospitality.

I can say us Slovenes are observers if not active participants in this because in the cities we are so completely immersed in Serbian culture that we know all of your slang and your behaviours, even if these aren't accepted in Slovenian society.

huh, I wasn't aware of this

>About wearing a gold chain around your neck and posturing a certain way.
Except this one it's spot-on and I like it that way.