So...

So, why didn't Harry notice on the Marauder's Map there was a man named Peter Pettigrew sharing the same bed as Ron in the dormitory all those nights? Also, why does it always seem like Ron and Harry are the only ones sharing the dormitory, like where do all of the other Gryffindor students spend the night?

Other urls found in this thread:

movie-film-review.com/devfilm.asp?rtype=3&id=15868
archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why didnt voldemort just abra kadabra dumbledore?

>Stale pasta
Give me (you)s now

>like where do all of the other Gryffindor students spend the night?
They were driven out by Harry's grunting and Ron's moaning.

"No!"

Harry was just being a good, non-judgemental friend, if his friend Ron wanted to share a bed with another man it was none of his business, and he wouldn't comment on it unless Ron came to him first.

>why does it always seem like Ron and Harry are the only ones sharing the dormitory, like where do all of the other Gryffindor students spend the night?
There were only 3 other boys in their dormitory.

Queue the pasta

>"Harry, hurry!"
My sides.

Why are you even trying to find logic in a childrens series bassd off of one the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Holy shit can we put this stupid shit meme to rest

FRED AND GEORGE USE THE MAP TO SNEAK AROUND THE CASTLE
THEY ONLY CHECK THE PARTS OF THE CASTLE THEY ARE ROAMING AROUND
WHEN THEY ARE DONE FUCKING AROUND THEY GO BACK TO THEIR ROOMS
THERES NO REASON TO CHECK THE MAP OF YOUR DORM

THEY ARE USING THE MAP TO CHECK EVERYWHERE ECXCEPT THEIR DORM

Why didn't Fred and George notice the map showed Tom Riddle instead of (or with) Quirinus Quirrell during Harry's first year?

The map probably only showed Quirrel. Riddle wasn't even human he was a parasite no

>ayn rand is top tier
>tolkien is shit tier

The rat went missing for a few weeks after Harry got the map. Everybody thought it was dead, while it was just hidding from Hermione's cat. I don't exactly remember when this happened, but it is possible that he went missing at the same time Harry got the map.

That still doesn't explain why F&G never noticed anything though

Easily the most overpowered item in the series

Will they put the gay orgy scene between Dumbledore, Tom Riddle and Grindelwald in the new spinoff?

See

Might be because Voldemort still wasn't in his human form. I don't think the map shows animal names, for instance

>a device that can turn back time is given to a student so she can get to classes

the numbers are all fucked up in the books. I'm pretty sure Rowling said the school had about a thousand students at any given time

Reminder Krum was doped full of liquid luck before every quidditch game

This.
Except for the time machine.
And the superwand.
And the invisibility blanket.
And Hermione's nipples.
And the Philosopher's Rock.
And the luck juice.
But yeah, sure.

Hi newfag, please fuck off back to wherever you came from.

You should go with him
For the boards sake, star wars 7

samefag

Every item was overpowered but poorly used narrative-wise

you mean 'based on', not 'based off'

>take handful of floo powder
>"Hermione Granger's vagina"

'Harry hurry!' she mouthed

From his context it is clear that she is in scared and panicking. It's saying that she's pale not that she's European.

Ever seen a shitskin turning white because of fear? Faggot.

>the first time you get a magical google maps parchment you're NOT going to immediately check if you can see your friends

okay dude

I have when they seen me holding a noose.

some people's melanin takes a while to appear.

>THERES NO REASON TO CHECK THE MAP OF YOUR DORM
It wasn't even their dorm. The students are separated based on year, so Ron is in a different room than Fred, George, and all their actual friends.

Ron isn't their friend, he's their little brother who they think is annoying and constantly fuck with.Several times as kids, they pulled pranks on him that almost resulted in serious injury. They're teenagers who sneak around and have their own social lives, they're not going to be interested in checking up in their little brother while he's sleeping.

They'd stumble upon Peter's name eventually during those few years and you can't deny it.

Is this the most resilient pasta around? It's old as fuck and still entertaining.

Why didn't they just shoot Voldemort?

Maybe. Why would they think anything of it, though? No one knew who Peter Pettigrew was, the adults didn't really tell the kinds much about the war.

Guns aren't legal in their shitty third world

Wizards have no idea how anything in the muggle world works, and they're too arrogant to take muggle technology seriously. Because they can use magic, the have no idea how technology works, or even how muggles are able to function. And the things they are aware of, everyone treats as silly because they have spells that accomplish the same thing.

she doesn't have red hair

Not him, but wouldn't they find it weird that he's mostlt always ocupying the same space as Ron? By the way, being harry potter, one would think that he would use the map in his dorm before he went outside, just to be sure that no one was outside their dormroom. Besides, he was a kid, i call bullshit that he wouldn't use the map to see were his friends were.

Dumbledore is omniscient, he knew they would need it. Or let's just accept that harry potter is filled to the brim with plotholes.

A bit of meme history for you.
The film part is taken from an Armond White review.
movie-film-review.com/devfilm.asp?rtype=3&id=15868

The book part is taken from an article by a Yale professor named Harold Bloom.
archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/

Time turner can't change anything. Are you underage or just a shitskin with a low IQ?

Dude why are there magical things in this magic world

Are you retarded? FRED AND GEORGE HAD IT FOR YEARS.
PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION.

THEY DONT CHECK RON ON THE MAP HOLY FUCK FOLLOW THE CONVO

Yea literally a gay nigger with shit taste in film the films are great and every single one somehow feels different.
HUR

>Around Buckbeak's cock
Lewd

So, why did they decide to turn Hermione into a black girl in that play? Surely there must've been other people who auditioned for that role?

>why did they decide to turn Hermione into a black girl
They didn't. Theater has a very established history/tradition of colorblind casting. Most people going to a play realize that the color of the actor usually doesn't mean anything.

damn SJWs... real patricians cast every role as straight white men

Ironically, had Hermione been a true, unambiguous "woman of color" from day one in the book, some SJW would have started bitching about her also being a "muggle", what the hell is that supposed to mean, she's some kind of mix of pure white magic goodness and non-magical colored people commoners?

Why do people get so fixated on this and not care that the plot of the play is literal fan fiction tier, "Voldemort and Bellatrix lestrange had a secret affair and had a child together and now she wants revenge on harry for killing her father!"
And no I'm not joking.

Rowling is bad at math and accidentally made Hogwarts a super small school.
Harry's year
>Harry
>Ron
>hermione
>Neville
>Seamus
>dean
>Parvati
>lavender

He never looked in the dorms did he?

What about Colin and that fag Justin?

This. She actually kept pretty meticulous track of everyone in the school. And why would it be a bad thing if the class was small? The wizarding community is small anyway, and everyone in Hogwarts was born during a war genocidal war, with Harry's age being born near the end. People probably weren't having a lot of kids.

Fanfiction stories suggest the following possibilities:
- Voldemort is using powerful identity-concealing spells to stop Dumbledore from finding him, and the spells affect the Map as well. Quirrell's dot on the map has no name on top of it, or only Quirrell's name without Voldemort's.
- The Map shows both names on top of each other, jumbled together and illegible. The twins think it's a random glitch in the map, and don't bother to investigate it.

>"No!"
evertim

>all those stars of David

>"No!"
>everytim

Everytime

Look for the ones labeled G for Gmain characters
Colin is a year under him, Justin isn't a Gryffindor. I'm talking exclusively about the people sharing the Class of 1997 wing of the dorm.
If it's a typical size, then extrapolating o the rest of the school should give you 56 students per house, 224 at any given time.
>people weren't having a lot of kids after the war
>what is the baby boom
How about nobody not even the Jewish kids knowing recent European history

Who said anything about after the war? They were all born during the war, with Harry being born near the end of it. Remember that even after Voldemort died (when Harry, Neville, and all his his classmates were babies), it continued for a while as Death Eaters were being tracked down and occasionally committing attacks on people like the Longbottoms. There was probably a baby boom after the war, but we're seeing a school full of kids born during the war itself.

And what even be the problem if it was a small school? Again, the wizarding community is pretty small, and Hogwarts is never implied to be a large school. There's only one teacher per subject, everyone in the same year takes classes together, and the whole school can fit in the same room to eat. Is this just something you think is a problem because you assumed Hogwarts would have more students?

>Time turner can't change anything

They can now. Seriously fuck this stupid play.

>fuck this stupid play.
This. as far as I'm concerned, it's not canon. Rowling didn't write it (the playwrites did, "based" on a story by her), it reads like fanfiction, and it's a different medium than the books or movie. Back in the days before the Star Wars EU was authorized by Disney, everyone accepted that works like this weren't in the same canon as the official material.