I need advice: I am living in New York and was offered a job in a larger city in Texas...

I need advice: I am living in New York and was offered a job in a larger city in Texas. What is Sup Forums's opinion on the state? I know I am sick of New York, but don't know what to expect in Texas.

It's better than New York.

If you're finding it hard to choose between Texas and New York, then I would venture to say that your retardation is the more serious problem.

When you see the cost of real estate, you'll prolly faint!

Cost of living is vastly lower, you'll jump a level in your socioeconomic class

Texan here -- come to the promise land. Just avoid Austin, they are cunts and will hate you for moving there.

Fuck off! We're full!

Plus no state income tax

The Dallas suburbs have the hottest women in the nation

This.

Stay the fuck out.

Get an air conditionner and a CCW.

And learn to enjoy real freedom.

Texas is very diverse in its own way. So which city are you moving to?

Fuck off we are full.

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Got the offer in Houston. I live in Manhattan now.

Texas is a cuck state that voted for rato. That's all you need to know

You're trading cold and niggers for heat and mexicans
[spoiler]Sadly thats still an upgrade[/spoiler]
So do it

Get a mini split ac.

To give more context: I make $60k a year in Manhattan and still have to share a small apartment with another guy. The job in Houston pays $80k, and all my research shows that cost of living is way cheaper.

stay the fuck out of my state faggot

Oh, and also... Texas doesn't give a shit about NY anything. NYers come to Texas and love to name drop NY like people give a shit. We don't, infact we thing NY is a shit hole. Just say you're from NE Penn.

>$60k a year
>have to share a small apartment
JUST

It's expensive here bro :(

Also I can't own a real gun :(((

HA! There are few worse cities in Texas than Houston.

Why are you even asking, take it already. You can buy a house in Houston.

But again, fuck off we are full.

in all seriousness take the job since you're gonna live in trash ass Houston anyway. Ugliest city in the state, no zoning laws ROFL. This guy is right too

Damn, I can't even imagine. I would have to buy a car too!

I'm from Houston and you can live well off $80k. You could easily rent inside the loop but prices shoot up or if you don't mind driving much (Mass transit is shit here) you could buy a house outside of the city.

80k in Texas is considerably more than 60k in NYC.

You can get a mortgage and raise three kids with that kind of money.

>wanting zoning laws
STATISTS GET OUT REEEEEE

I would say fuck off we're full, but you're moving to houston, and not even New York can ruin that place further. Cali, maybe. At least you're not from Cali. Fuck that state.

What's so shitty about Houston?

I hope you like Mexicans.

Stop being a candy ass, go to Austin and put those commies in their place.

Fucking this. Traffic is just as bad as NYC but there's no subway to take.

The whole city is literally under construction 24/7.

If you want a house you'll have an hour commute at least.

Mostly rednecks and spics.

The heat is unbearable.

Niggers

This

I would choose pretty much any other state over Jew York

Texans, as per my experience, are the nicest southerners around. Not to say that southerners aren't nice elsewhere, they are all a steep step above the yanks.

As for texans' especiall nice-ness, it is kinda obvious. They have the best economy in the south, and also one of the highest gun-ownership rates. You literally have no real reason to be an asshole, but a very good not to.

Oh, unless, of course, you are non-white. I wasn't there for long, but I saw some clearly raycis' stuff going on there.

Crowded, humid, and full of white-trash/spics/niggers in some parts, and some of the shittiest oil-money rich people in others. Plus it's where a lot of the refugees from louisiana ended up after the hurricanes.

Houstonian here -- not really true. Yes, there are tons of black people here, but the city is pretty segregated. Just stay out of the 3rd and 5th wards and you will be fine.

Gee, how do you live on that in NYC?

I don't get to do many things other than work and sleep.

Supplemental income from sucking dicks

What's your work?

%uck off and stay in NY. We're full. U niggers r pushing up rent prices as fucking high as NY.

This. Take the shittiest rich people you know, throw in spics to do all the construction work, add a bunch of lazy niggers who think they are comptontier gangsters, sprinkle plenty of drugs, add a dash of Louisiana swamp niggers, and add a city council that thinks they are living in a high class red carpet area and you have Houston.

If you are renting in Texas you have failed in life. Houses are cheap, buy one already.

Are you telling me you cannot get your own place for that money?

I currently work for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, but the job in Houston is working for human resources for an oil company.

this, I bought a lake house there at 26

Oh great, here comes another nigger willing to spend half his modest income on rent for a tiny studio bc it's cheaper than living w roommates in NY. Can't wait till we secede & kick u niggers out.I bet ur more than happy to pay $1,400 for a 500 sq ft "luxury" apartment.

No way. My half of the rent is $1400.

This desu. My poor ass grandfather that can't even speak english owns a couple of properties.

jesus christ

Weird, I thought the oil companies are laying everyone off. But jobs are plenty in Texas, move here, then find another one higher paying, that works too. Maybe rent a little then buy a house.

I am a white female. I thought you wanted us to move near you.

It's my understanding that things are on the upswing. My position would be on boarding new employees.

One of my good friends actually moved from New York to go to school to my smaller town in Texas, although his family now loves in Houston.
He (myself included of course since i was a Houston native before i moved) gets the best of both worlds: a cozy smaller college town setting, plus being able to visit a big city.
He says he enjoys how friendly and polite everyone is, how the blacks tend to be less nigish, and the cheaper housing costs. Its busy, but sprawled out so you get a mix of city but still a ton of trees and open space.

Florida fag here - vacationed in TX this summer.

I hope you enjoy brown and yellow. Everything is brown and yellow. And there's no good food. Native Texas are retarded. Florida trailer trash is higher up on the food chain. Anyone resembling a person of intelligence isn't a Texan and transplanted. Texans love Mexicans.

4/10, place suck.

Maybe on the outskirts of one of our major cities or in a small town like Lubbock. Anything close to downtown in our major metros are close to $200/sq ft. No one wants to commute 2 hours to fucking work so they can own a money pit called a house. Out of staters moving here are making it even worse.

Go to a county clerk's office and buy a TDC. You can get a good house for 10-20k worth 5x the amount.

Working in New York as an engineer gives me the feels man. I'm making 46 an hour at 21 yrs old and still struggling. I owe 50k for college that they've already started collecting on, rent on long Island that isn't In the den of the nigger is stupid high, and everything's expensive as shit. I just want to be am engineer in Alaska or some shit, but I can't leave until I get all myblicenses/steam time.

The scale of that city is something you need to wrap your head around. Look it up on a map. 610 (the outer beltway) is 38 miles long. That just encompasses the core of houston. In reality the city sprawls out in every direction for miles and miles. The same as Dallas Ft Worth 635.

You are going to need a car 100% , and I would recommend waiting until you are here to buy it.

the city is ugly as sin because of it, there's no denying it

hot, humid, crowded, smelly people, ugly city, shitty Katrina people, oil and gas yuppie snobs

I think all big cities are ugly by default, so I don't care.

I'd say to take a weekend trip out there first before you decide to move there, I might not be for you.

It's hot, humid, and full of the people that fled katrina, but never went back.

However, it's very green there, it's a huge city, and the cost of living is low

And yes, you will need a car, but that's not big deal. You should be able to afford an additional $300 per month, especially with the cheap cost of living.

I moved from San Diego to San Antonio for a few years. And on $15 an hour, I lived comfortably in my own 1 bedroom apartment, and had a car payment. My rent when I moved there was $499 a month if you can believe it, and in a good part of town

Why would anyone want to live close to downtown? It's all going to be nuked in World War 3.

Houston is uglier than your ugliest city. not exaggerating

Even worse. U r willing to spend that shit for a tiny new apartment. U damned career women, especially w northeast values r uptight as fuck in the workplace. Why we have to have glass walls in all offices & conference rooms. U damn Yankees make me sick. Vote lib as fuck, and will try to rid us of out confer monuments, and push lbgt policies onto us.

Best state of USA.

Where the duck did you go? West texas?

>COME TO FLORIDA, HAVE YOUR FACE EATEN OFF BY FLORIDA MAN
Between New York and Houston, hes gonna get the same amount of brown, but more diluted depending on the area you live. He just needs to find himself a place in the suburbs outside of the loop, some very nice old neighnorhoods there.
Youll catch niggercrap any time you get to the heart of a big city. Its Ameirca, thats how things are these days. At least we can carry guns...
And seriously? No good food?

Born and raised in HTX

AMA OP

what sector btw? I'm guessing energy?

Pic related. Houston is fucking enormous with no real public transportation. This outline is just two of the loops. There is now a third loop, The Grand Parkway, which is even bigger than this.

Not really, it's just a concrete jungle.

You're straight up retarded. It's nice city, the traffic just sucks around downtown

t. Houstonian

>Wanting to leave Leftist New England

Um... Why?

Fellow Houston here

Lived here for 2 years. Never seen those places. What's up with them?

Spics.

Projecting: The Post.

I am pretty conservative. Relax bro.

What's a "nice" city then? New York?

Its fine just remember if you are living there long term its being flooded with Mexicans. If trump isnt elected it will be a blue state in just 3-4 elections.

I got a buffet here with unlimited good crawfish, loved loved loved it.

That's where all the jobs and attractive women are. Or at least within ~10 miles or so. So living in a central location is important if you don't want to spend 10% of your waking hours commuting, paying for tolls, etc. All these out of staters are making traffic shitty too!

Stay in new york you fucking jew.

Don't forget beltway 8, which is the outer-outer beltway.

Jesus Christ, that is enormous.

I was EEOC, but got sick of the culture. Now I am going to be in HR for oil and gas.

They are infested with people that have never had a job and will literally kill you for being white.

expect no income tax

and HEB

they have cheap generic brands that taste just as good as regular shit

save a ton of money

and youll be able to sell your $500k closet and buy a mansion

which is nice

This one gets it. You are not good enuff for Texas. also #TEXIT ITS REAL. ITS HAPPENING.

Be honest. What do you think is cheap for a 1 bdrm? What were you paying with a roommate in Manhattan?

Never been to texas op , but the texans i have met are pretty cool. They'll seem funny to you at first but they go out of their to help if you need it .

the problem IMO isn't actually "ugly" like trash everywhere or anything like that but the lack of unified vision.

there are literal "sectors"

sunnyside, bellaire, fondren area, near town, midtown, down town, river oaks, galleria, west U

each of them could be different cities. we have no cultural history in terms of architecture or motifs or anything.

ugly is a strong word, if you ask me, various cities in the south like baton rouge in LA and others are much uglier AND stinkier

Texas is full of Urban sprawl. It is the absolute worst. I am sure the small towns are nice but every big city is shitty.

Beltway 8 is now the middle loop. There is an even bigger one now called Grand Parkway, or 99.

Have YOU looked at his voting records even one time? this shit u say makes us all look bad. READ SOMETHING BESIDES ..ITT .

Black people areas consist of the wards, alief, the poor part of bellaire and some of westchase. rest off west chase off the tollway is chink territory though I would not live there. heights is ok, Katy is white/Indian fake rich tier and good for kids. Bellaire off 610 is rich rich people, sugarland and some areas of Richmond near 99 are cheap and good.

I split a 1 bedroom apartment with another person right now. We keep a partition up to separate my space from his. Our rent is $2800, which we split.

So comparatively, yes, that would be cheap.

I can butt in as an Austism citizen, I live by Round Rock though and NEVER go in the city, born and raised in Boerne, move here you will love it. Just don't go to Austin. Ever.

Also this place is hot as fuck, and super fucking humid near the coast. Can't get more humid ithan Houston. The past 4 weeks were literally 100-107 degrees, and Houston had humidity of close to 100% every fucking day. Can you handle that, Yankee? An instant fucking sauna when you leave you air conditioned setting half the year. Then the rain & flooding another 25% of the time in Houston.