What movie made you the most mentally fucked up after you watched it?

what movie made you the most mentally fucked up after you watched it?

remember: gore doesn't count since it doesn't work on non-12yos and is cheap as fuck. I mean psychological damage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably Chucky because I was young

watched the descent when I was 10 and it proper spooked me

this and nightmare on elm street were traumatizing as fuck for a young kid.

It.

Poughskeepie Tapes mayne

I watched alien when I was like 8 that was pretty crazy. Lord of the flies too.

>when i was 10 and it proper spooked me
>10
>proper spooked me

Now I know how that overrated pile of garbage got a 7.2 on imdb

eraserhead really made me think

>remember: gore doesn't count since it doesn't work on non-12yos and is cheap as fuck

I became fascist after watching Starship Troopers, glad I've outgrown the right now though.

Signs since I watched it alone at night when it first came out on dvd back when I was 13. And because I live in a similar small town in the middle of nowhere and my backyard is nothing but rows of crops

I rewatched it recently (I'm 21 now) and it's actually a very good film, full of creepy suspense, but yeah it's not really ''''''scary'''''''

Watched IT when I was too young and I'm still not comfortable around clowns.

Oddly enough the new IT clown doesn't do anything.

i actually had horrible nightmares for weeks after seeing this movie

like real night terrors where i would wake up panicked and confused because i thought that masked thing on all fours was in the room with me

Come and See

the ironic thing is that fedoras are really into gore because they think it's edgy and cool

this stuff never scared me, it just seemed so retarded. Imagine the guy having to place the camera right there and then doing that dumb ass crab walk a few times before so he can get it right

ITT: name non-spooky movies, use excuse: BUT I WAS YOUNG

That Nicholas Cage movie when it ends with the two children having to populate the new world or something, with the big tree

saw that when I was like 8 or 9 and it made me feel weird

How people praise this and Megan is Missing is beyond me. Both are completely hamstrung by terrible acting and production value.

The Fly. Had to talk to family friends to get my head back on, but still was shaken for weeks.

because people are plebs, especially ones who love horror movies and especially ones who love edgy horror movies

I didn't get it back then just like I don't get the Conjuring right now.
It came out in a time that horror schlock came out every single month, it was conventional horror in every aspect, yet it stood out for no reason at all, having everyone hailing it as the horror of the decade.
All this just seems so out-of-the-blue it makes me wonder what secret technique the marketing schlomos used to have everyone riled up over it.

Avatar. I was all muh nature after it.

Pain & Gain

I just had to look up if it was real. It literally was, all of it. I was blown away

I like a lot of horror movies but those two specifically are nearly student film tier. Grave Encounters too.

but that's what's scary, the guys so fucking out of his mind that he probably did set up the camera a few times to get it just right

The Truman Show. I know there's a lot of meme

>it's another user ... episode

threads on Sup Forums but I legitimately feel uncomfortable in my own home after watching that movie. I feel like I'm being watched every moment of my life now.

I should have never seen that movie.

Funny Games 97

watch "Stranger Than Fiction" 2006 without looking up anything or reading plot summary on imdb

The Passion of the Christ

Eyes Wide Shut

There's so much symbolism and hidden messages in there, it's enough to drive you mad. Kubrick was really trying to tell us something.

Must have watched it like 7 times.

I know Se7en fucked me up the earliest because I was 12 when I watched it. Then Butterfly Effect because I was fucking destroyed on Cali Indica the first time I watched it. But I would have to say Kids fucked me up the most.

Black Mirror Christmas Episode

I fucking hate Eyes Wide Shut

finally have an excuse to post this

The first time I saw Jacob's Ladder I was tripping. I thought I had uncovered the secrets of the universe but was also completely horrified.

Shit tier

I saw it in the cinema on a massive screen with loud as fuck speakers
when the planet collided with Earth at the end it upset me for like a week :(

that only came out a couple of years ago. please return to reddit

REC was a piece of shit, why do people find it scary?

not an argument

Are you implying that it's bad because it's not old?

The Dark Knight Rises fucked up us all collectively

>gore doesn't count since it doesn't work on non-12yos

It seems yo work for niggers.
>Ayo imma gonna watch dat skary movie dis weekend freal

Dr Pavel

Nope Fedoras say shit like "remember: gore doesn't count since it doesn't work on non-12yos and is cheap as fuck. I mean psychological damage" You stupidly claim for is immature and cheap.

American version of The Grudge just after it came out. I double checked my bed for a while because of THAT scene.

Mulholland Drive left me feeling pretty sad and weird for the rest of the day but that's about it

what about him? was he alone?

I wasn't ready for the shop

Kek
I love that movie so much.

Tony
They just didn't understand him, man...

It's fiction, you dumbo.

Probably the Exorcist, saw it as a kid and was Catholic at the time. The other movie was Darkness Falls, I always hated the dark and although I was a bit older and knew better it still freaked me out thinking about it

Not him but is that the episode of the man who was cucked to death?

The one of the man that wants to see his daughter and visits her for years but since he was blocked he can't see her. And when he finally learns the truth it wasn't even his daughter?

That episode was literally sick, imo

>Darkness Falls
Damn is that the one with the tooth fairy? Her scream was really unnerving

>just takes scenes at face value and doesn't think of their implications

hurrrr

complete garbage movie, and I like Japanese horror usually

It wasn't scary, more like terror inducing. If you didn't feel anything while watching it, you failed to inject yourself into the situation and try to imagine yourself surviving in the apartment building.
In short, not scary but intense.

The last 10 minutes are terrifying

this

watched it when I was around 7, shit fucked me up man

the acting was horrible but worst of all was the fucking girl, possibly the most annoying protagonist in any movie ever

I can't immerse myself in any movie that Emily Rose bitch appears it.

Maybe someday you'll outgrow being a massive faggot.

Don't think I'll ever outgrow you

Rocky Horror made me bi for drag, which I have yet to shake

Same mental development.

the first i can remember
two seminude vampire lesbians were fighting each other when an huge chandelier falls and kills one of them. i watched this in 89/90 on tv, can't precise, but the film looked older
does someone knows the name of the film? i wish i could watch it again

sounds like something from jesus franco (he has a film literally called vampyros lesbos) or jean rollin but idk

Return to Oz freaked me the fuck out for some reason when I was a kid.

I also remember having one of the Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy films on DVD, it was cheap as fuck but I had a fever at the time and was a bit delirious, let's just say it definitely put me off horror for a while after having a restless, vivid as fuck dream that night about being haunted and killed. I don't own that DVD anymore, I threw it the fuck away, the experience genuinely horrified me.

Grave of the Fireflies.

motherfucker made me not sad, but grief stricken. Depressed for days. everytime I see a little girl or eat or watch a war film or any number of things I think of the beginning and the little girl being discarded and her ghost so happy to see her big brother again and then I get depressed. been months. can't shake it.

thanks, i'll look it up

I expected it to be a wacky sex comedy with Julianne Moore. I was wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

>Watching LVT with other people
was it a botched mass suicide?

wet wet

Hard Candy, with Ellen Page

Jesus christ son I was posting on Sup Forums when this movie came out. Shits not scarry. Its erotic.

Come and See. That movie fucked me up for days.

28 Days Later

>No...I'd jerk off instead.

Probably the most pitch black punchline I've ever seen in a movie.

Stan's suicide in IT. i always peeked around the curtain when i was showering growing up.

also pic related. open if you dare

Dubbed or subtitled?

The dubbed one would give anyone extreme nightmares as the voice acting / casting is truly fucking bizarre and then you have the visuals to go with it.

You're lying if just about everything in "the dark crystal" didn't scare you as a kid. Jesus those fucking rabbits were almost as bad as the vultures

The Easter short in the otherwise trash anthology Holidays. Wish I hadn't seen it.

The noise the Garthim made and the way they moved freaked me out as a kid.

Shutter Island messed me up a bit. I was a teen when I watched it, old enough to start understanding complex thoughts but also young enough that I thought anything semi-dark, edgy and thought provoking was really fucking deep.

i fucking hate plebs, ergo i fucking hate you

gonna watch it for the first time. subbed or dubbed?

The Hunt
The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
Fail-Safe
Kill List
Threads

that's a great episode this and the one with the kid on a boat in the lake where my top scariest I also watched one that was a exact ringer for that move Suzie-Q starring the pink ranger must of stolen the idea

don't watch american remakes. problem solved