Remake > Original

Remake > Original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3ZbnfXEuyc
cbr.com/it-sex-scene-2017-movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=ijxk-fgcg7c
youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I haven't seen it. Maybe it will be good. I'm indifferent. It's a pretty meh movie and book.

That said the original Pennywise is much better. He was kinda spooky because he could go to 0-60 on the creep factor instantly where as the remake is straight up going for full time creepy. Doesn't have the same impact.

I won't even go to the cinema to watch it. It looks like a meme movie, much like the original film

Literally nobody gave a fuck about the original aside from the fact that Tim Curry was in it. Now there's all these nostalgia shitters acting like its one of the best pieces of horror when it goes from the first half being decent to an unintentional comedy

Both designs and portrayals are good for different reasons.

Gonna be clownkino

The left looks goofy as fuck lol

new version looks like hes trying too hard to be scary with that god awful cringey smrik

The original was fucking garbage anyways.

Pretty much this

>"What's scary about clowns?"
>"The fact that they're suppose to look happy and friendly but it becomes uncanny because of their performance due to them being too happy?"
>No, IDIOT! It's the way they look evil and smile like CRAZY people!"

>book talks about Pennywise terrorizing the town every 28 years
>exactly 28 years between original and new version

It's like pottery

remake tries too hard

It should just look like a regular clown

Is this true

what did you mean by this dad?

Original was made in 1990 and seeing as how we're in 2017, it's actually been 27 years.

One of my friends says she's afraid of clowns (not sure if I believe her, she's pretty melodramatic) but she says she doesn't like that their faces are hidden. Don't really understand that argument either, so does anyone in a mask scare you too?

IT is actually 27 years

The original was a miniseries, not shown in the "cinema". Isn't summer just about over you underage, faggot?

It's not a remake of the miniseries, it's based on the same book.

Is this the theatrical poster? It's good, reminds me of fright night

the original has more comedic bits the new one looks more serious/edgy. im still exited for it.

I could care less about the clown
Will the remake have a giant spider at the end?

this

left looks like a demented demon clown with a 5head.

rght looks like a child molester in disguise.

*drider

honestly, as soon as it was announced, i was extremely pessimistic, and once i saw the neibolt house i thought there was no way i'd see it. but seeing more about it, i'm getting optimistic

Is it true the social media embargo is lifted already? I already have a small review written up.

The only good thing about the original was Curry as IT
youtube.com/watch?v=A3ZbnfXEuyc

Is the child orgy in it?

hi, did you read the book? no? fucking fuck off then

it lifts friday

Trailer makes it look like the film will have a lot of jump scares, too much darkness to make it spookier, and the fast moving monster effect Japanese horror films pioneered.

cbr.com/it-sex-scene-2017-movie/

Here's an official statement from the director. For the final fucking time you pedo shits, NO.

I was worried about that too with the first trailer, but after seeing the 4 minute preview with Georgie and IT, I can safely say I think the trailer is just...a trailer to attract normies. It's not gonna have all that edgy modern horror shit in it like that, I have full faith in this being clownkino.

IT is not a drider. The true form is never revealed.

In the book, when it's a spider crawling on the wall, the shadow of IT is described as an ever-changing shape.

The spider creature described in the book is only what could be conceived by the minds of humans as a horrifying creature.

SPIDER CONFIRMED

Would you laugh at his jokes, Sup Forums ?

Just post it here, dummy. Is the movie good or not?

It's a shitty poster. They always make shitty marketing posters.

I signed a NDA. I don't want to go gbay and suck big bob's cockmeat sandwich.

I can't wait for you to shitpost or shill about it Friday. Make sure to post your thoughts ASAP. I'm dying to know

I don't know but there's this one gay furry clown pic on e621 and it makes my dick rock, rock hard.

go on?

A drider is part Dark Elf. Like a spider centaur. Torso, arms, a regular head. IT just had legs it uses like arms. It's not a drider

Jesus fuck I just realized its a spider shape in that poster. I feel like an idiot

It's all good, user. It's subtle. And exciting. They might actually do this book justice.

This is not scary

>It's in the book so it's okay

Good to know there's gonna be an orgy of kids fucking in the new IT show.

>Sup Forums is actually hyped for a movie

What have i missed?

hi didn't read the thread, my name is fucking kill yourself. the door is to the left. but first take this

drider warz

It seems like a perfect combo. Fun book, cheesy 1990's adaptation, good looking trailers, and a child orgy scene we can shitpost about.

Why is the new Pennywise dressed like a female Shakespeare?

more book accurate, but the designer said they wanted it to invoke a feeling of a toddler/child and also a gourd/spider. It's an adaption of the book, not a remake of the miniseries. It took me some time to warm up to it.

The original was so stupid it would be literally impossible for the remake to be worse.

I just can't be afraid of clowns ever. Regular clowns have no effect and scary clowns just feel like they're trying to much.

This.

I just hope they do Henry right. In the TV movie he was just a normal angry bully while in the book he goes from slightly troubled kid to full blown psychopath.

Okay, that's fair. Thanks for the response.

so are we suppose to go to the theatre to see it or just pirate it?

What's Sup Forums's consensus?

Oh really?

it's straight from the directors mouth fuck off

>tfw no one to go with but don't wanna go to a movie about 13 year olds alone, perfect flick to see with some girl, BUT I DONT HAVE ONE

Pennywise should have looked more like this.

its R rated don't worry

>Clown waifu

Some people are tying not to get an erection at work!

or maybe like this huh

HOOOONNNNKKK

which one of those boys is named Sophia?

I have a female friend to go with, but I ain't going with her I'm going alone as usual. She is too fucking plebeian and just wants to watch it as cheap as possible. While when I go to the theatre, I can take a trip of 2 hours for better quality.

So fuck women, I'm on my own.

if the new IT doesnt open with this song youtube.com/watch?v=ijxk-fgcg7c it will never be kino

the one on the far left

They all look like they were just saved from a concentration camp

youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc
Fuck off George

What social media embargo?

movies nowadays dont let people post early reviews until embargos are lifted.

Both are shit, I´m going to watch it just to laugh like I did with the original when I realized how bad it was

it's like hollywood doesn't understand why mundane, everyday things trying to kill you is scary or something!

Pennywise was never mundane or everyday in the book. Stop being a faggot.

The director confirmed there's no spider in this movie but there are implications of IT's true form.

>being faithful to steven king novels

its a book adaption, thats the way it goes. Fuck off

Get a load of this faggot, Stephen King is a shit writer and his work is only held as memorable when it is adapted to cinema.

>adapting a book to films means being 100% faithful to the source

Sorry your little pea brain can't enjoy the novel.

Sorry thy little pea brain dost enjoy the goosebumps-for-adults novel

Cary Fukanga was gonna do it to be more faithful but no parents would allow their kids to screentest the film so studios took it out and cary left

Making Pennywise a mundane clown most of the time would defeat the purpose of the creature being a space horror that takes the form of its prey's fears. They did that in the 90s version and it was a literal comedy with Pennywise laughing like an idiot in every scene.

Cary's version was horrifically bad

The new design is like a parody of a scary clown. You don't need to make a face like that and take out the colors. It reduces the uncanny effect clowns naturally have...

Nah

Yeah, Nagasaki's script was gonna be great!

Shut the fuck up he wanted to change everything.

new one actually looks a bit scary though

I understand that looking scary in his clown form isn't actually the point though, since he does it to lure children.

I was never afraid of the original IT as a kid. I always thought Pennywise was funny

Yes like when he was helping shoot up the Bradley Gang and there wasn't a single child on town at the moment and he was still a clown. Totally just to lure children.

He just likes being a clown, user. In the book he just...favors that form.

b-but his very first scene in the original is him using his clown form to lure Georgie

Yeah, that's gay. Guess I'm skipping this one.

>confirmed for never reading any of his short story collections
don't let me catch you being pleb in this thread again