Who is Sup Forumss favorite philosopher? Pic related personally

Who is Sup Forumss favorite philosopher? Pic related personally.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O90je0Vfr20?t=1m3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maurras.

>not picking hitler

All day

nice

WE WUZ NAZIS AND SHEEIT

>not picking the greatest living philosopher

Easy there Finland

Someone should make a black hitler shoop then spread it around the next time #BLM trends or whatever those nigs keep yapping about

Molymeme is a bluepill despenser jew. didn't you know that? He recommends, oh I don't know...Randjew, although he's beyond it hahah...good one nigger.

What? Why?

It also helps that he's the antithesis to Sup Forums.

>a fucking
>LEAF
But in all honesty Ive read Ego and its own and its some pretty entry level philosophy. Voluntary egoism is a shit

Nvm, I thought it was Antonio Gramsci since they both look pretty much the same.

t. spooks.

Okay mr. complex. Where are you at on your complex journey towards truth, since you're beyond entry point. Who's your soothsayer?

Spinoza, Marx

youtu.be/O90je0Vfr20?t=1m3s

Machiavelli

>Marx

I too like being lazy and getting free stuff without having to be productive. What's your angle?

Albert camus.

Explain to me what the point of philosophy is other than mental masturbation?

I'm interested in philosophy, took some classes in college. But just never really took to it or understood the point to it.

That said, I like Plato a lot. His cave shadow theories were mind expanding.

this fella right here

Aristotle was the greatest philosopher to ever live

There is no point of philosophy outside of mental masturbation. I'm in it because it's fun to discuss.

He did not deserve that Icepick.

helps you do well in grad school, med school, law school, etc. not really relevant to anything in life but it's hard as fuck and prepares you for any higher education. should be taught in high school so that you can focus on what you want to in college but the US education system has been overtaken by pussy progressive autists

I like that dude. He was interesting to me. I like strong willed philosophers. Faggots like Nietzsche and Marx make weak minded people.

David Hume

Plato didn't have any theories about cave shadows. It was an analogy.

based Kant. opposite of pol but he is the man. can't fuck with his logic powers

The theory of what his analogy represented.

When the icepick hits just right

>If you don't agree with my subjective opinions you are illogical
T. Kant

meh, nietzsche is so predictable.

Don't you have any favorite philosopher I haven't heard about?

>because my third grade teacher told me

*if you don't present a rational argument you are illogical.

Its because Nietzsche/Marx always try to find a compromise if someone disagrees with them.
Based Machiavelli simply says "Yes" or "Fuck you"

Miguel de Unamuno.

Srs, read his book.

People masturbate because they have a desire to cum.

Knowing how people mentally masturbate protects you from being mentally cummed upon.

Papi Pablo

Marcus Aurelius.

Based ameribro.

You will enjoy Barrès and if you can read french, please read Bernanos. My god, never have I red such beautiful and immersing words before. It will be lost in translation for sure, I would say that learning french is worth it just for the experience reading this god will bring you.

(checked)
/thread
Sup Forums is a Christian board

The whole categorical imperative is question begging because it relies on arbitrarily assuming that his principles of reasoning are what gains you moral truth. The whole of groundworks is just him trying to convince the reader that his justification isn't arbitrarily declared when it obviously is.

If you "took some classes in college" then you know shit about real philosophy. Nowadays philosphy is warped, because liberal fags treat it like some irrelevant hobby. Understanding philosophy is like getting red-pilled - at first you glance it sounds mindless

That's the cause of the current debasement of philosophy. Science gives what philosophers can only dream.

>Marcus Aurelius.

The only philosopher anyone needs to read imo.

If you only ever read one book and it was Meditations, you're better off than 99 percent of everyone.

The only real philosopher in this thread, all of these other fakers need to fuck off

Interesting. What do they write about?

Lord KEK has blessed my post. Be witnesses.

>philosophy

Bullshit useless career for pretentious faggots, go partake in something that actually contributes to society.

> Catholicuck
> Kike lover
> Hitler was a commie xDDD

overthinking it man. categorical imperative basically says don't do something you wouldn't someone to do to you. u think morals are just emotions? basically two camps on morals that are reasonable. they are objective or they are just emotional bs.

>the supreme being has wishes
Disgraceful.

Philosophy forms the foundation underlying all of knowledge, logic, mathematics, language, science, politics, art, and pretty much all of human understanding and experience.
Dismissing it as mental masturbation just shows you don't really know what philosophy is, or how far its scope reaches.

Schopenhauer

but his pooinloo obsession does get old

>defoo.org
>Why do you support violence against me
>DO NOT SPANK THEM
>Is it a stretch to say all parents are evil

He's a liar and a con artist desu

basically. some many libfags in modern day philosophy. same for modern art. libfags are destroying academia

Maurras.

Michel Foucault is pretty darn impressive tbqh though I do not agree with everything he said. Same goes for Marx/Engels, Adorno and Wittgenstein (2).

Contemporary: I do enjoy reading Philip Pettit, Kymlicka, de Benoist, Lordon and Huntington.

But as you can see I read a lot of everything, it does not reflect my own philosophical/political opinions. I just want to avoid vicious feedback-loop and feed oxygen to my brain so I can generate new ideas.

I like Diogenes. He was the proto GG Allin.

there are plenty great philosophers. Check Weininger, Wittgenstein, Carl Schmitt, Oswald Spengler, Yockey, Evola among many others

Oh Epicure and his work on free-will (clinamen) is particularly interesting to me. Coincidentally Marx's thesis was about that topic too, though I never could find it in regular libraries. If someone has a pdf, that would be great.

stefan isn't a real philosopher. he's fine debunking the media but his anarchy bs shows he's an intellectual lightweight

>he doesn't realize that God has already told him how to act
>>>/hell/

These Englishmen are no race of philosophers. Bacon signifies an attack on the spirit of philosophy in general; Hobbes, Hume, and Locke have been a debasement and a devaluing of the idea of a "philosopher" for more than a century. Kant raised himself and rose up in reaction against Hume. It was Locke of whom Schelling was entitled to say, "Je méprise Locke" [I despise Locke]. In the struggle with the English mechanistic dumbing down of the world, Hegel and Schopenhauer (along with Goethe) were unanimous - both of these hostile fraternal geniuses in philosophy, who moved away from each other towards opposite poles of the German spirit and in the process wronged each other, as only brothers can. What's lacking in England, and what has always been missing, that's something that semi-actor and rhetorician Carlyle understood well enough, the tasteless muddle-headed Carlyle, who tried to conceal under his passionate grimaces what he understood about himself, that is, what was lacking in Carlyle - a real power of spirituality, a real profundity of spiritual insight, in short, philosophy. It is characteristic of such an unphilosophical race that it clings strongly to Christianity. They need its discipline to develop their "moralizing" and humanizing. The Englishman is more gloomy, more sensual, stronger willed, and more brutal than the German - he is also for that very reason, as the more vulgar of the two, more pious than the German. He is even more in need of Christianity. For more refined nostrils this same English Christianity has still a lingering and truly English smell of spleen and alcoholic dissipation, against which it is used for good reasons as a medicinal remedy - that is, the more delicate poison against the coarser one. Among crude people, a subtler poisoning is, in fact, already progress, a step towards spiritualization.

this guy gets it

The crudity and peasant seriousness of the English are still most tolerably disguised or, stated more precisely, interpreted and given new meaning, by the language of Christian gestures and by prayers and singing psalms. And for those drunken and dissolute cattle who in earlier times learned to make moral grunts under the influence of Methodism and more recently once again as the "Salvation Army," a twitch of repentance may really be, relatively speaking, the highest achievement of "humanity" to which they can be raised: that much we can, in all fairness, concede. But what is still offensive even in the most humane Englishman is his lack of music, speaking metaphorically (and not metaphorically -). He has in the movements of his soul and his body no rhythm and dance - in fact, not even the desire for rhythm and dance, for "music." Listen to him speak, or watch the most beautiful English woman walk - in no country of the earth are there lovelier doves and swans - and finally, listen to them sing! But I'm demanding too much . . .

Joke's on you, I'm already in hell, look at my flag.

Arne Næss

Kek

I'm a hard-lined empiricist who rejects the existence of objective morality. Morality doesn't have to be emotional bs though, it can be rational bs too. For instance, you can provide false reasons as to why something is wrong when really your reaoning was invalid and the thing itself is not wrong.

Gapin McAnus?

Voltaire is my fav.

>I too like being lazy and getting free stuff without having to be productive. What's your angle?

exactly the same buddy. i'm a comfy NEET

Justin Trudeau

Philosophy is a vain man's theology.

>Nietzsche
Fucking beta.
Defenatly Baudrillard or Heidegger.

>Schopenhauer
Über cuck.
Go go gadget Kant.

Buddha

>Adorno and Wittgenstein (2).

you forgot to suppress the (((2))) from wikipedia user, you don't look really serious ;3

Diddo.

People will get that Marx is a joke, but not Spinoza. Called it.

Vive le Roy

Good choice. The only reason I've seen for people not to like him is because Faggot Assasins Creed made him into a mainstream cuck.

Nice choice mate. He used to bully Hans Christian Anderson by calling him a talentless looser.

actually it wasn't a joke. i really think Marx was a genius philosopher just like Spinoza.

Who is that greek philosopher who lived in a barrel and told alexander to get out of his sunlight.
Thats my favorite one.

diogeses

Haha I love this guy. He totally reminds me of a friend of mine.