Morty is a little shit now

Remember when Morty was a relatable outsider to Rick's adventures instead of a jaded little asshole who has seen everything?

Is this why they started doing Summer episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/meet-women-behind-rick-mortys-third-season-1028204
indiewire.com/2017/08/rick-and-morty-first-female-writers-adult-swim-dan-harmon-1201865720/
themarysue.com/rick-and-morty-female-writers/
thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

way cool thread OP

i think thats why i liked lawyer morty.

>show has characters develop, age and change as long term situations affect them
>tv cries flanderization and whines about it non stop

>oh no my cartoon is ruined
do you faggots listen to yourselves?

he's still relatable because he's getting tired of rick's shit

I've lived with arrogant pricks who breed constant drama before and after a while I started acting like morty, fed up

Yeah dude. Thats what Ive been saying. Morty's writing is really bad now. Summer's and Beth's too to be honest. Beth is just a petulant bitch now. What the hell happened?

I think they over did it just in the Vindicators episode. It's established Morty is dumb, then he is disarming neutrino bombs.

dude it was implied that morty disarmed a neutrino bomb literally within the first 2 minutes of the first episode

Not unless it was something simple like an on/off switch in the car. That was right when Rick moved in with the family. Morty didn't know shit about Ricks science stuff then.

hey op remember that epic episde where the old guy said le wubba dubba duba lu?

You can't act like Morty wasn't a know-it-all in that episode.

Why does that matter? Just pry the thing open and start cutting wires and pray it works. We know he succeeded because otherwise they'd both be dead.

The joke in vindicators is that Morty's had to deal with rick's bombs so many times by now that it's become routine

What if we are seeing evil Morty's beggining instead of Morty Prime

So a show about the fantastical and the improbable and the infinite possibilities of everything has become routine? Ok Ive lost interest.

Yes, and they had a perfectly good explanation for it: it's heavily implied that Rick goes on crazy alcohol-abuse-caused benders all the time and ends up building world-ending devices for dumbass reasons.

Morty isn't good at taking them apart because he's smart, he's good at taking them apart because he has a lot of practice. Even someone dumb like Morty can learn to do things well with time. And given how jaded Morty is about the whole affair, it seems likely that this is a fairly regular problem for him to solve.

That's the whole joke of the episode pretty much. Did you miss the whole "it's always Israel" and "he does this a lot" stuff? How moronic are you?

No you haven't, your fat ass is still sitting in a chair shitposting about the show in the middle of the night (given the time zones this show and site are popular in).

I'll believe you've lost interest when you aren't actually posting here.

Ok then stop watching

but pickle rick, the show is reddit, REEEEEEEEE

morty being an asshole who is tired of his grandfathers shit is way more believable than him being an eternal footstool
I havent enjoyed the season, but ill give them props if morty betrays ricks and kills him or something

In what way is Morty becoming a little shit NOT a natural consequence of having Rick as a grandfather/master? It would be bad characterization if he DIDN'T become a little shit.

>Remember when Morty was a relatable outsider to Rick's adventures instead of a ... asshole
Counterpoint: Morty is a white male.

It would be [mildly] interesting if he actually ended up joining with Evil Morty, though I still probably wouldn't watch it, at least not until they get better writers back.

I did. The only episode Ive seen in season 3 in its entirety is the pickle rick episode because it was actually fun to make fun of it with a bunch of other memers on a stream site. And then I watched the parts of episode 4 with Jerry in them because he was always one of the best parts of the show that it sorely misses now.

And I know that rebbitors will keep watching. They keep watching everything. They still watch game of thrones religiously. And it may grow in popularity with normies but its in a zombie state now as far as Im concerned.

Morty is a idiot savant,

I hope he becomes evil morty somehow, and begins hunting down ricks or something

>summer develops from warrior queen to insecure high school girl

jogs the nog

In what way does Morty need to grow as a character and have an arc?? He just needs to be a comical straight man there for his wacky grandfather to play off of.

cool story, I don't care

>they need to develop the story the way *I* want, not the way THEY want, reee! I don't want character arcs I just want endless family guy gags!
This show might just be a little to intelligent for you

Rick isnt wacky anymore, hes just an asshole. Ofc mortys gonna change in line with that

I wholeheartedly concur. This board is incapable of grasping anything with any level of subtlety. That's why there's so many "Reddit & Memey!" posts, because that's what it appears to be as on the very surface level to a casual viewer lacking in both attention and understanding.

Rick is supposedly the biggest nihilist and atheist in the universe, yet when he's about to die he prays to god, and he repeatedly puts himself in danger to protect his family that he claims to be indifferent towards. His hypocritical, dual nature is the point of his character. Rick is basically bipolar disorder personified. The viewer is intended to be impressed by his technical feats, sure, but nearly every other aspect of his character is something to be reviled, and sometimes pitied.

And in S3E2, all Sup Forums had to say about Summer was "YAAAS QUEEN! Girl power!", ignoring the fact that she wasn't supposed to be viewed as some feminist rolemodel in the episode. Her behavior was irrational and dangerous, and she was lashing out self destructively as a way to cope with her parent's divorce.
And the irony of the episode was that despite Summer rebelling against her parents, she ends up becoming them in the end, bringing home groceries while her boyfriend sits at home watching TV, an obvious parallel to Beth and Jerry.

Sup Forums just looks at the show like babby's first nihilistic crisis, but to me the show is about finding meaning in a chaotic universe. With fart jokes.

I think Dan Harmon said it best: youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg

That would be pretty insane if they killed off Rick and just had Morty change timelines to a nicer one.

But then they already killed off almost all the ricks in episode 1 so they cant do that now. Now theres like one rick who LE EPIC BEST RICK somehow

>no (you)s because he btfod tv

Quiet user, your s'more is burning.

quality posting on my 4chans? I was wondering why I kept coming here

It's called character development.

Do people actually believe that anyone doesn't understand the meaning behind the episodes? It isn't even remotely subtle.Season 3 is terrible because the jokes are obvious and therefore no longer funny. The characters haven't developed they've just changed. The sad thing is the show used to be witty and a bit clever. It was enjoyable because an interesting story was told in a weird scifi environment with likeable and funny characters. The characters have all lost what made them likeable. All of them are sad autistic losers. The only character that has remained stable is Jerry. But sadly all the other characters have become slightly different versions of him. Just losers. The show is shit. It isn't funny. The only people who like it are basically fucking retarded.

Reddit

It's a fucking bomb. You can't just practice on bombs because they explode if you make a mistake.

maybe im giving the writers too much credit but i think the point is that he'll become jaded while he learns so he'll become the next rick

>youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg
I'm not clicking that but I hope it's a link to the Harmon ranting about nazis video. That would be the perfect way to end that ironic >tfw to intelligent post from reddit

It isn't

Nah bruh, 10+ years on the chins only. I've seen enough quality posts through all the shit to make it worth lurking still. Reddit is pure egotistical cancer, as trips are for faggots.

Good posts done anonymously aren't clouded by ego, there's no reputation to maintain and no reward for it's content. It simply is, til dat 404.

Never seen this show before. Will I like it if my favorite animated series is futurama (original run) ?

I think so, yeah.
As with everything it gets slightly worse over time.

That statement includes every franchise ever made though.

About Morty, maybe they're setting him up to become an evil morty and kill rick, then rick just gets a new morty and acts like nothing happened.

he's not dumb, he's just not super smart
it's established early on that rick affects his grades in school, but that doesn't mean he's full retard

>Rick is supposedly the biggest nihilist and atheist in the universe, yet when he's about to die he prays to god, and he repeatedly puts himself in danger to protect his family that he claims to be indifferent towards. His hypocritical, dual nature is the point of his character.
what the fuck..never though about it like that

>praying to god when about to die
That's common for alot of people though, it shows how hypocritical we all are.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/meet-women-behind-rick-mortys-third-season-1028204
indiewire.com/2017/08/rick-and-morty-first-female-writers-adult-swim-dan-harmon-1201865720/
themarysue.com/rick-and-morty-female-writers/
thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

just kill me senpaitachi

Well things changed, Morty almost gets raped by a giant jelly bean and later has to dig a grave for his own dead self after leaving behind his family.

Wouldn't be surprised if through some weird multi universe shit that Morty turns into Evil morty.

When was it confirmed that this happened right after rick moved in?

PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

(((white male)))

There are infinite Ricks, they only killed a couple hundred at best.

It's Reddit science. They think you can mathematically prove someone's opinion is wrong.

The nose knows

YOU GONNA RICKLE MY PICKLE

GOD'S NOT REAL MORTY

WUBUDUBUWUBWUB

>season 1 rick can basically do anything he wants at any time
>season 3 rick thinks turning himself into an inanimate object is a great idea to not go to counselling instead of just using the portal gun

The single thing R&M is doing properly (and even exceedingly well) after season 1 is character development.

The rest is pure trash, but that's actually cool.

>>season 3 rick thinks turning himself into an inanimate object is a great idea to not go to counseling instead of just using the portal gun

Because he isn't trying to do both. He isn't trying to be an asshole BUT ALSO love his daughter.

He cannot reconcile these two things. She cannot, either.

If you believe this show is subtle then you are fucking stupid.

One or two overly long and often out of place monologue per episode is not philosophical genius.

This show could have been great but instead it wedged its head up it own arse.

CHARACTERS ARENT SUPPOSED TO DEVELOP IN EPISODIC DRAMAS.

This isnt HBO, there is no continuity, and if there was it would ruin the show even more than fucking women already have.