Britain Shall Forever Be Slaves

theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/27/theresa-may-acting-like-tudor-monarch-in-denying-mps-a-vote-over-brexit

Reminder that brexit is never happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/26/theresa-may-will-trigger-brexit-negotiations-without-commons-vot/
dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3736022/Tory-MP-slams-militant-feminists-men-pander-nonsense.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post your face when may and clinton form a feminist utopia for all western civilization

>May
>feminist

Pull the other one.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/26/theresa-may-will-trigger-brexit-negotiations-without-commons-vot/

May is up holding democracy doing this you morons.

The MP's had the vote, the country voted to leave.

>public votes leave
>MP vote is only way to circumvent brexit
>May says "fuck you"
>MPs mad
deal with it

this

....what part of this article implies we won't Brexit?

It's literally an article bitching about May triggering article 50 without parliament in January.

>Reminder that brexit is never happening.
But she's specifically telling remainer MPs trying to block brexit through the commons to fuck off

>Brexit never happening
>May denying a parliamentary vote to prevent the referendum being overturn.

I'd love to understand your logic.

Brexit will happen, and you'll love it.

Isn't this just saying that she'll respect the will of the people and not let the parliament try to cockblock them?

Americans can't into politics

>One of the most important decisions of our time
>Could vote to leave at any point in the future if we remain
>Not unreasonable to demand a super majority to leave
>Leave wins by 4%
>Brexit is Brexit!
>Everyone wants to leave!
>Don't stand in democracy's way!

At least she isn't being a pussy about it

not even a photoshop

Are you a retard,OP ?

>0.05 Junckerbucks have been deposited into your Eurowallet. Thank you for helping to destroy national identity across Europe!

If Remain won, it would be the democratic will of the people.

Leave has won, so now we need a supermajority.

Give it up.

She's old school feminist, like having women in government not fucking 'manspreading' and 'rape culture'.

I would say it was the democratic will until there was reason to call another vote, like the EU telling us to take a fuckload more immigrants or whatever. Given the choice between keeping the status quo and doing things differently, I think that you need a strong mandate to do things differently. If we weren't part of the EU I would want a super majority vote be required in order to join.

Like I would let somebody pay me in Euros

Then I guess UK will kick Scotland?

UK will you ever GTFO?
jeebus you guys are slow

Doubt she'll be able to manage it; if it hits parliament its game over. With so many kiddy protestors there's pressure.

Mildly. Sure, shes blocking it, but there's gping to be a lot of pressure to vote on it. Merkel will never let European Caliphate dissolve.

Parliament legally doesn't have the power to block this.

The royal prerogative means that Theresa May has powers which have been given directly by the Crown to the office of the PM. These include a total control over Foreign policy. Legally, she has the final say. Parliament has no business screwing with the Royal prerogatives, hence parliament can't overrule her, even if it could with a tory majority in government.

Parliament wouldn't even block it- literally 80% of labour MP's constituencies voted leave. They can't vote against it an expect to be re-elected.

Article 50 will be triggered in January, Remain WILL be asshurt, and it will be glorious

First off OP I think you're confused about what this means and why the author is butthurt.

If you had a referendum, particularly one with such high turnout and visibility, what justification is there to put it to a vote in Parliament?

If the status quo isn't working for 52% the country, it isn't a good status quo.

And you shouldn't have to wait until the status quo isn't working for 60% of the country to do something about it.

No supermajority was needed to join the EU.

You should definitely kill yourself ASAP.

>refusing MPs vote over Brexit
>brexit is never happening

I know. There should have been.

>If the status quo isn't working for 52% the country, it isn't a good status quo.

That's true, but the problem is that 4% can swing relatively easily. In a few months when the drop in GBP/USD value starts to catch up with people, would the vote turn out the same way? If the EU starts pushing hard for a full-fledged standing army, would people swing harder towards Leave? I have a serious issue with taking a shaky 4% win on a subject as ridiculously complex and far-reaching as EU membership and saying
>The people have spoken, we are now committed to this. No Further discussion.
As if Leave had scored a large, concrete win.

And the whole thing is made even worse by how diverse the reasons were for voting remain or leave (and how likely it's looking that our government is going to make a deal that doesn't even really stop immigration, which was a huge part of it), and how unbelievably fucking wank the media campaigns were on both sides of the argument.

It was a large, concrete win.

>I think 4% is not a strong mandate because of x
>No, I think 4% is a strong mandate

Strong debating skills

>waaaaaah May can't overrule Parliament that's not fair!
>but parliament can overrule the wishes of the people thats totally fine!

wew

No as always the English will drag them kicking and screaming into civilisation

>As if Leave had scored a large, concrete win.
Against the government shilling and everything I'd say its concrete. About a million or so was it?

>Pic related

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
O
D

S
A
V
E

T
H
E

Q
U
E
E
N

I think over a million is a strong mandate.

Curiously I doubt you'd have any problem with a commons vote overturning the referendum with a .0001% majority.

>theguardian

>the Guardian

>may won't trigger art 50
>not knowing that her eurosceptic cabinet and backbenchers would tear her limb from limb and could possibly cause a party civil war
>implying May isn't pro-leave

From what I heard May is a general eurosceptic but went for remain because it looked like remain would win and she wouldn't want to burn her bridges with Cameron at the time especially as she had further ambitions. Kinda like corbyn, he is pretty much a nigh open eurosceptic and wouldn't answer when he was questioned as to how he personally voted.

She will leave. If may doesn't do it her party will tear itself and possibly her, apart and that is something she won't want, especially as a GE looms in 2020.

What a stupid fucking comparison. Then again I expect no better from The Guardian. Are they conveniently forgetting that she is ignoring the MPs because the PEOPLE themselves, the public, the masses voted to leave. I don't remember the last time a Tudor monarch consulted the mass of the public.

>I know. There should have been.
then whats the problem? you're getting your wish of returning to a state where you hadn't joined eu yet

NOW you can institute a supermajority rule for a future rejoining

Remainians BTFO

How can they possibly recover?

its not required OP. she can go ahead with negotiations with the EU and bypass parliament which is basically what she is doing

since the queen supports the brexit the rest of the government has no power. she can disolve parliament and has in the past

This.
We had the vote, several times over.
Conservatives put it on their manifesto, voted in
Conservatives called a vote in Parliament for the dated of the referendum, voted on.
Everyone, including MPs, got to vote in the referendum. We voted out.
Now they want another vote and another.
These same people would be telling leave voters to shut up if we'd voted to stay.

>the guardian

>I think over a million is a strong mandate.
A million is a lot of people, but not so much in the context of the whole population (64 million).

It's actually just ~1.5% of our population. The idea that at least 1.5% of people could change their minds relatively easily isn't that farfetched. As I mentioned before, once the economic ramifications from the the vote start setting in (and that's before we actually trigger Article 50) and affecting already poor families, do you think that it isn't reasonable to suspect that a theoretical re-vote could have a different outcome? A result that potentially volatile on a subject that is so important (especially when we could re-vote to leave every time the EU fucks up) isn't one that I can respect as much as a clear 65%+ win.

>Against the government shilling and everything I'd say its concrete
The government shilling was utterly, utterly shit. I didn't think a western country could be that bad a propaganda in the 21st century. The arguments on both sides seemed to be very emotional- 'Britain has had enough of experts' really summed up how factually informed people were on both sides.

Why she was uglier when she was younger?

>I doubt you'd have any problem with a commons vote overturning the referendum with a .0001% majority.
As I mentioned before in
I think that keeping the status quo (when it can be challenged again at any point in the future) has the defenders advantage, and that a change in policy needs to prove itself through a strong win when it's an issue this complex and (effectively) irreversible.

I would personally support a Parliament decision to ignore the referendum, if it was properly debated. We elect these people to represent our interests because understanding how a country functions and effectively debating policy is a full time job. The average 9-5 worker just does not have the time to be properly informed on even the smallest aspect of governing the UK, let alone how leaving the EU will affect every aspect of Britain. I would have preferred that parliament had debated this themselves in the first place instead of having a referendum, regardless of whether they ended up deciding to leave or remain.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not going to say an outcome was legitimate when I think the process was poor, just because the outcome is what I wanted.

>when we could re-vote to leave every time the EU fucks up)
We'd never be given another for at least 4 decades again

Giving any important decision to a Popular vote is totally retarded.
The average Voter has no clue about politics and most likely don't even understand the consequences.
And still it was a pretty indecisive victory(shilling was done by both parties and most people only informed themselves about the consequences of Brexit after the Vote).
So it dos not by any means validate a fucking Brexit.
If you want to fucking argue for your cause at least have the decency to give real arguments about why GB should leave the EU instead of just "well the least informed and least qualified peopled decided that they wanted to do it so we should do it".
I can understand that people are upset about the fucking integration politics of the EU trust me i am myself.
But please if you want to fucking Promote Brexit at least use something along the Lines of "Brexit should happen because: We will be able to regulate our borders ourselves again. " or " Brexit ist not for Great Britain as an financial Institution but for The People of Great Britain."
I don't know i don't really bother much with that shit.

How cucked are you? Is there really a chance Brexit wont happen? Are nige will surely see to it that it happens right?

>I would personally support a Parliament decision to ignore the referendum
You deserve your head on a pike

>Giving any important decision to a Popular vote is totally retarded.
>The average Voter has no clue about politics and most likely don't even understand the consequences.
Typical leftist elitism creeping in again, your sneering at working people is fucking insufferable.

MPs would vote against Brexit, that's why she's not giving them a vote.

It's going ahead.

And how would we damand the vote to leave?
If we vote remain on the second referendum they won't be eager to give us another vote for years and years

Mp's can bitch and moan, but the referendum has benn made and the prime minister has an obligation. They are trying to force a second referendum only they can participate in. If May has any interest in staying prime minister, she has to deliver.

The status quo was already changed without a supermajority requirement when we joined the EU.

Our population should go back to 40 million anyway.

>do you think that it isn't reasonable to suspect that a theoretical re-vote could have a different outcome?
Yeah because Remainers are abusive shits.

If Article 50 isn't activated soon then UKIP shall rise like petrol poured on a bonfire and take the House of Commons, seat by seat, election after election, vote after vote.

> No pressure, Ms May.

THIS.
Euro shill got Rekd

The anti-EU sentiment is strong enough that (even if Remain had won a super majority itself) the government wouldn't be able to ignore a new referendum call if the EU started airlifting immigrants in to the UK or whatever. The threat of a new Scotland independence referendum is/was pretty strong after the vote because there independence camp is strong as there was a significant change in British politics.

Read my post properly. They are our elected officials that we democratically vote on so that they can make the careful, informed decisions that The People do not have the time to make.

>Typical leftist elitism creeping in again, your sneering at working people is fucking insufferable.
I am one of the working people.
Well was until i became a neet recently.
We are not like hey Pressure tanks are really important and can be quite dangerous if not welded together Properly. we should ask the fucking popular opinion on how to fucking weld it.

Begone Kraut.
Firstly, UK doesnt have to explain jack shit to you, you have no say on this.
Now, EU is a cancer;
-- expanded remit from an initial common market to a full blown surpanational dicatorship with zero democratic mandate
-- Crap at trade, despite supposedly representing 500m customers, failed to get trsde deals with USA, China, Canada, Brazil, India. Could only get San Marino and the Palestinian "authoruty". Meanwhike Iceland of c.300k people has a China trade deal
-- Corrupt fraud; eu auditors have not signed off eu spending for over a decade
-- Undemocratic; EU Commission proposes laws to eu parliament. MEPs cannot propose legislation, so no public control or accountability.
-- Kalergi award
-- Geman ignoring Dublin Agreement when unvited the middle east to Berlin
-- Made South Ireland vote again after a 1st No vote on lisbon treaty

>I would personally support a Parliament decision to ignore the referendum, if it was properly debated. We elect these people to represent our interests because understanding how a country functions and effectively debating policy is a full time job
0.02 good boy points have been deposited into your cuck shed

ummm why should mps get to decide?

she is doing the right thing.

give brexit a chance lad, if it does go tits up we can always rejoin, but only if we get a get a better deal...

shut up coward.

That's the Guardian you fucking dense cunt, the UK's lefty newspaper. They're bitching about May triggering article 50 with no vote from MP's.

>A debate by the elected, informed politicians of a country
>A vote which involves every moron who thinks the Polish are the reason he isn't rich and every uni liberal who holds his gf's hand while she gets blacked, and none of them are interested in listening to experts

Give me those good boy points, I know which one I prefer.

We'll see what happens. If it does all go horribly wrong there's no way they'll let us rejoin without chaining ourselves to the Euro though, which worries me.

Back in the time feminism wasnt retarded

>spent half of acceptance speech going on about social justice, equal pay, and stopping sexual harassment
>implying she's not a feminist

You really are a special kind of retard aren't you?

This is being done to stop any MP's trying to vote against what the public have already decided.

It's actually a fucking good thing, she's respecting the will of the people, my fucking God you Americans, there is just no end to your fucking stupidity.

Jesus fucking wept...

Are you on the spectrum or incapable of reading, or correctly parsing information?

I ask out of concern for your mental health and education. Please respond.

>Trusting MPs to vote based on the interests of their country instead of what they'll do when their term in parliament is over
The EU is a fucking gravyboat for corrupt bureaucrats, that's the whole problem.

We had an MP a few weeks ago give a speech about male rights and how white working class men are being discriminated against and politically correct males are pandering to "feminist nonsense".

Feminists and Labour MPs demanded he should be sacked - Teresa May did nothing!!

She is not a modern-day feminist at all.

do you understand what GTFO means?
get the fuck off
that means you need to hurry your fucking inbred asses to quit the EU so we never ever have to deal with you crooks
gou never ceased trying to ruin the EU
you obtained all the priviledges you wanted
you people are the most dishonest people on earth, you can't help screwing others
you're the most selfish and manipulative race on earth
it's time for you dumbfucks to live by yourselves
and free Scotland and Ulster for God's sake

>We'll see what happens. If it does all go horribly wrong there's no way they'll let us rejoin without chaining ourselves to the Euro though, which worries me.
I think the EU will tear itself apart before any of this happens desu, but we'll see.

How about you go get blown the fuck up yet again by your pet Muslims?

How does that sound? I think that sounds good, get on that shit, go die.

Thanks.

>THE GUARDIAN

Check out the comments, fucking terrifying

>THE VOTE WAS MORE OR LESS 50/50 SPLIT
>MAY WAS UNELECTED, SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO DENY MP'S A VOTE
>THE REFERENDUM WASN'T LEGALLY BINDING!!!!

These """people""" are enemies of freedom

be easy on them, they probably have a burger stuck in their brain stem.

>your pet Muslims

5% in britain
4.5% in france

>and free Scotland and Ulster for God's sake
Both of these countries have voted in the past and they voted to remain as they are - Democracy !

You know Sup Forums has IDs, right?

rejoin?
GL with that
you need 100% of members vote to rejoin
guess who'll never accept that

Why are frogs so anally demolished over Brexit?

>4.5% in france
it's over 10% in France mate.

(((may)))

>acting like a monarch
>by enacting the will of the people

Fuck off guardian

>implying

for fuck sakes france, we voted to fucking leave, it's not our fault our corrupt government is delaying the process. Haven't you got a war to lose you useless smelly fucking scruff?

Yeah but only 4.5% of them support ISIS. The rest merely agree with some of their ideas!!!

This is actually good, they force to show their jew faces by trying to stop brexit.

Thus the enemy surfaces and reveals itself to be destroyed.

>our corrupt government is delaying the process
Nah on both counts.

kek

>buying into the only modern feminists are bad meme

never thought id see the day where the crown actually did something useful for your country. gods save the queen

>We had an MP a few weeks ago give a speech about male rights and how white working class men are being discriminated against and politically correct males are pandering to "feminist nonsense".
what was his name?

the French had a huge smile after the vote
only dumb establishment members were sad
we are so impatient

Philip Davis.
Here is a link.
dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3736022/Tory-MP-slams-militant-feminists-men-pander-nonsense.html

He wants us to leave, good for him. I want that too. So does 52% of our population, and 100% of our non-retarded population.

true number for the UK is 20%

Post hot Mays

No need to be silly Pierre.
I was correcting the Finn - not trying to cause trouble.